• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

GAF-HOP lOT8l - God Forgives, Yeezus Won't
GAF-Hop lOT8l - Kanye West, Rap-Game Steve Jobs
GAF-Hop lOT8 - J. Cole, Rap-Game Benjamin Button

See nah, I feel like if you say Nas is Vegeta then J Cole is trunks. What happened was that dude dropped that Warm Up and FNL and everyone thought it was hot as fuck, thought he had a future, just like when Vegeta saw Future Trunks, he was like damn this is really my son? he is powerful as fuck, but in reality the Trunks in the real universe never really became like Future Trunks, so he disappointed Vegeta(Nas)

goku-thumbs-up-o.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes you win the internet
Nah we need thread titles that won't backfire on us in the future. Q already looking to top GKMC.

I die of laughter when I think of Bronson's Vine's though. Q got that ether in video snippet form.

Esch

Banned
oxymoron is not going to top gkmc in sales or critical acclaim. it won't really be within sniffing distance of either most likely. he has no female appeal, no cosigns, hes not gonna even touch 6 figs first week, let's keep it real.

GOTTA BE BETTER THAN KENDRICK CUH

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cross-posting from Yeezus thread:

Transcript of Kanye's Speech at the Switzerland Listening Party.

"What I want people to understand about sampling and producing is that it’s really similar to—and I know this is obvious what I’m going to say, because I’m a black guy so I’m gonna name the ‘most obvious artist in the world’—Warhol, but it’s very similar to the way Warhol would appropriate a Campbell’s Soup can is the way I would sonically appropriate a Ray Charles sample or a Michael Jackson sample."

He also sorta gives Kendrick and Rocky props in the article as being modern trendsetters.

SadAli

Neo Member
I posted this somewhere else, but I truly believe rap is transforming into one of the most all encompassing, versatile genres in existence. Mutant rap is taking over.

Amen to that. It's now pretty much on a par with dance music for having a generic label that gives no real indication of what the music itself is like.
It's also up there with "dance music" as the genre that has been most influenced by the changes in the way people consume music over the last ten years.

Dereck

Heems got most of his good beats from Kool AD and it seems like he's a guy that makes and burns bridges very rapidly. He hasn't released shit, and has even been killing features like last year.

Kool A.D.'s shit has been garbage except for this:

63 was half nice shit and half shit. I will check this out.

HiiiLife

Got a question for y'all.. Have any of you guys worked at a mining, smelting or refining company? I understand it's hazardous. Just fishing for opinions. This part time job doing insurance at a call center isn't really paying my bills.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
personally the health hazards of those jobs seem to be pretty crazy. I just started recently looking for part time work as a janitor. good unions, good pay and coverage even for summer work.

Just doing some quick googling

Smelting Plants (this is not really pertaining to first world work conditions, but there would still be the some similar cossover, if not less severe, still present)
Oil Refining
Coal Mining

Kwixotik

Got a question for y'all.. Have any of you guys worked at a mining, smelting or refining company? I understand it's hazardous. Just fishing for opinions. This part time job doing insurance at a call center isn't really paying my bills.
My dad works a similar job and for the first year it was total shit. They were putting him on 80 hour weeks and tried to fire him for no reason. He made a lot of money but was absolutely miserable. The work is still shit but because he's not new anymore he doesn't have to pick up all the overtime.

Still though, the work will be hard and shitty.

On another note, Drive Slow is the best song.

Esch

Banned
list aside, lol at MS going full evil. I'm impressed, 4 stars. They havent actually started renting your console out to you yet so i had to dock them one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I still like mine of

|OT8| Yeezus forgives, Reebok don't

Much better. UEONO and our lord and savior all in one swoop.

overcast

oxymoron is not going to top gkmc in sales or critical acclaim. it won't really be within sniffing distance of either most likely. he has no female appeal, no cosigns, hes not gonna even touch 6 figs first week, let's keep it real.

GOTTA BE BETTER THAN KENDRICK CUH
It'll be a success regardless. Fans will come out, and there will be actual promotion, unlike HnC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom