• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

yall are real sensitive about this lol. point out where i said anything about his music. you can't mainly because i don't care enough about his music to comment on it. i'm only talking about the sphere he exists in, and you'd have to be in denial to say his success is a product of hip-hop.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Nope. I'm at face value.

I am not questioning his LEGITIMACY, merely his lack of reliance on the rap power structure/ecosystem/hype cycles etc.. Why are you guys getting so heated about this? If anything you should be thrilled that an artist was able to make his own success without relying on that bullshit, and acknowledge it as such.

You're not the one going on about culture or whether or not he's a legitimate rapper. (See above) Maybe that doesn't apply to you?

Dom is being Dom. I don't take it personally, but that doesn't make it accurate.

Recon

Banned
LOL, the way you handle yourself is even more amazing. This thread keeps delivering. Now for some random ass to come to Esch's defense and dick ride him until the thread gets even more derailed.

yall are real sensitive about this lol. point out where i said anything about his music. you can't mainly because i don't care enough about his music to comment on it. i'm only talking about the sphere he exists in, and you'd have to be in denial to say his success is a product of hip-hop.

His product IS hip hop. That means someone somewhere was interested in him being a hip hop artist. So yes, his success comes from hip hop, he just got lucky with Thrift Shop. I hear his shit all over now, not just radio. Anyways, ya'll are just funny.

Esch

Banned
They were offended by your DBZ reference also

They should be honored. I implied Macklemore was the rap ubermensch with that shit.
LOL, the way you handle yourself is even more amazing. This thread keeps delivering. Now for some random ass to come to Esch's defense and dick ride him until the thread gets even more derailed.
Which of us have caught bans for losing our cool, maintain grudges against moderators and other users to the point of nearly being permed for months? You're a crazy cat.

Recon

Banned
They should be honored. I implied Macklemore was the rap ubermensch with that shit.

Which of us have caught bans for losing our cool, maintain grudges against moderators and other users to the point of nearly being permed for months? You're a crazy cat.

I never said I was a model poster. Now you trying to insult me to gain more credibility for yourself. This is fun.

I fully expect more jacked smilies from other boards and some dumb .gif, should be anytime now.

Esch

Banned
who would be Hip Hop's Goku/Gohan? Rev Run and Diggy? Will and Jaden Smith? Nas and J Cole?

Gohan is definitely J. Cole. No question. Goku is Jay, he keeps coming back from the dead and dropping piff on the human race, even if he's a little lamer every time. Nas is Vegeta, lurking in the shadows, was originally stronger but then became flabby as fuck. Kool G Rap is master roshi, he invented that kamehameha shit, Piccolo is Kanye West, he budded off No ID to eventually become Goku's breh and put him on.

Krillin is Jadakiss.

CRS

Gohan is definitely J. Cole. No question. Goku is Jay, he keeps coming back from the dead and dropping piff on the human race, even if he's a little lamer every time. Nas is Vegeta, lurking in the shadows, was originally stronger but then became flabby as fuck. Kool G Rap is master roshi, he invented that kamehameha shit, Piccolo is Kanye West, he budded off No ID to eventually become Goku's breh and put him on.

Krillin is Jadakiss.

No ID is Kami.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Krillin is Jadakiss.

I literally have no idea what this means. And y'all called Thrift Shop weird!

Im vaping and just chillin, listening to that new Mac Miller...I cant believe i can say that with a straight face.

lol. Is that shit chillable?

DominoKid

His product IS hip hop.
That means someone somewhere was interested in him being a hip hop artist. So yes, his success comes from hip hop, he just got lucky with Thrift Shop. I hear his shit all over now, not just radio. Anyways, ya'll are just funny.

when did i say it wasnt? nothing i'm talking about is specifically about the music.

i honestly don't think it's any different than the "if you buy only one rap album this year, it'll be childish gambino" argument. only difference is that Gambino made a concerted effort w/ Royalty to put himself more in w/ the culture than continue casting himself as something different. a smart move IMO. i don't think Macklemore will do that.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Krillin is Jadakiss.
I don't know shit about DBZ.

Macca

Krillin is Jadakiss.
Khaled is totally Hercule. Talks the most shit, but doesn't actually do anything.

Recon

Banned
I heard that one song of his that leaked last week, it sounded more dude bro fighty stuff.

I have no idea what that was. I didnt listen to any of the singles, leaks, besides the album as a whole.The song he has with Action Bronson might be my favorite track, and I dont like bronson that much.

Esch

Banned
I never said I was a model poster. Now you trying to insult me to gain more credibility for yourself. This is fun.

I fully expect more jacked smilies from other boards and some dumb .gif, should be anytime now.
You haven't responded to my arguments properly.

You reached for some racial background to this argument when I wasn't making one.

You are the only one talking about credibility. I disagree with the GAF HOP herd on plenty, miss me again with that. If you don't like me, my gifs, or my smileys then slap me on ignore like anyone normally would.

Recon

Banned
You haven't responded to my arguments properly.

You reached for some racial background to this argument when I wasn't making one.

You make little sneak passes at me from time to time (you just did in the post before this one) and I usually ignore it.

You are the only one talking about credibility. I disagree with the GAF HOP herd on plenty, miss me again with that. If you don't like me, my gifs, or my smileys then slap me on ignore like anyone normally would.

I didnt respond because you cherry picked one of your posts, used it like it was the only thing you were saying. I rather not deal with someone when they do that. I dont ignore people if I dont have to, and I dont dislike you, so I cant be bothered with that shit. Just calling you and Dom out on this singular thing. If you aint realling coming from that place, Im sorry. But you both were coming dangerously close to the "He white, I dont fuck with him" line that Kamspy leaps across sometimes.

Esch

Banned
See i don't even get that because clearly both me and DominoKid listen to white rappers on the reg. Do you see many people riding harder for Alc, El-P or Action Bronson in this thread besides me? Just because I enjoy some good fun and race trolling from time to time (just part of the game) doesn't mean i dislike MC's/producers because they're white. Some of my best friends are white!

Recon

Banned
See i don't even get that because clearly both me and DominoKid listen to white rappers on the reg. Do you see many people riding harder for Alc, El-P or Action Bronson in this thread besides me? Just because I enjoy some good fun and race trolling from time to time (just part of the game) doesn't mean i dislike MC's/producers because they're white. Some of my best friends are white!

I dont know what you two clearly listen to. But your arguments were bull and still are. Either way, shit aint that important or seriously. Fuck Macklemore, I aint gonna see a cent for defending any of his shit.

CRS

mynicca1.png

Did you ever give his I Don't Care mixtape a listen?

A classic cut.

This sounds weird but he has one of the best voices that's ever rapped.

Since GAF-Hop is all about the comparisons, Jonwayne > Action.

Esch

Banned
no i ignored it cause it seemed like something joelseph would download

copping now though, I have to finish Saaab Stories first tho.

Esch

Banned
No idea what Thabiz was talking about on this tape w/all the songs being the same, a lot of this shit feels like a nice mix of moods and tempos. This No Time hook is great, mooooose was right that Actions getting better at writing songs. He just needs to keep at it. Good things so far. Less of that rappity rap shit, more joints like the smooth shit on here.

and damn Harry working them jazz samples/the horns

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Krillin is Jadakiss.
Ok now I have to nuke the thread

See nah, I feel like if you say Nas is Vegeta then J Cole is trunks. What happened was that dude dropped that Warm Up and FNL and everyone thought it was hot as fuck, thought he had a future, just like when Vegeta saw Future Trunks, he was like damn this is really my son? he is powerful as fuck, but in reality the Trunks in the real universe never really became like Future Trunks, so he disappointed Vegeta(Nas)

Esch

Banned
See nah, I feel like if you say Nas is Vegeta then J Cole is trunks. What happened was that dude dropped that Warm Up and FNL and everyone thought it was hot as fuck, thought he had a future, just like when Vegeta saw Future Trunks, he was like damn this is really my son? he is powerful as fuck, but in reality the Trunks in the real universe never really became like Future Trunks, so he disappointed Vegeta(Nas)

Point taken, but without Let Nas Down, the Jay = Goku comparison makes more sense. He's trying to raise Gohan to be a manly man who is about that life and do right, but his son is basically kind of a pussy at heart. He's also lowkey as bad at being a dad as Vegeta is , dying and shit and leaving Chichi to raise him for years and shit.

Biggie is King Kai

Dereck

I love GAF-HOP lmao.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Next GAF-Hop thread title has to do with Let Nas Down. I don't know what else that's big has gone down, outside of the opportunity to clown Macklemore/Hopsin/Em fans but that's kinda going through the motions at this point.

Jitters

I don't know why I post this since NO ONE pays attention to me, but Mos Def is releasing a remix version of the Ecstatic, one of the GREATEST hip hop albums ever made.

coldvein

Banned
Macklemore is the result of some backpack experiment gone wrong. Like, dr.coldvein lost so hard in the 90s and 00s he took DNA from all the fallen rhymesayers, anticon rappers and incubated them in his basement like Cell. He probably took DNA from Kanye and Outkast too. thats why macklemore has some indescribable blackness about him

nicholson.gif

seriously, some interesting macklemore conversation in here .. i'm too tired to respond properly .. i'll just say that i think the guy deserves a lot of respect. esch makes a good point that his rise to massiveness is definitely unique .. but there's nothing about it that's outside "hiphop culture". unless we're now defining hiphop culture as people being bitches for major labels, twitter beefs, etc. maybe that's what some of yall think it is, but that aint it .. making a name for yourself in your town, in your region, completely independently, and then blowing the fuck UP nationally is something that deserves respect. you can't say that's not hiphop. anyway i just want everyone to love eachother.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't know why I post this since NO ONE pays attention to me, but Mos Def is releasing a remix version of the Ecstatic, one of the GREATEST hip hop albums ever made.
I'm listening.

I think one remix came out of that and I didn't like it though.

GAF-HOP |OT8| Yeezus forgives, Reebok don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom