• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HARK is a great album. Just as good as Lone Sharks after a few listens. Skin Yarmulke, Hark Back, Oh Well, Barbiturates, On The Rag, Smang Life, Sun Shine......dope tracks.

CRS

HARK is a great album. Just as good as Lone Sharks after a few listens. Skin Yarmulke, Hark Back, Oh Well, Barbiturates, On The Rag, Smang Life, Sun Shine......dope tracks.

Yesssssssssssss.

Will hopefully put out a Doppelgangaz "mix" later tonight or tomorrow.

kamspy

Anyone who watched Dredd in theaters and on Blu Ray notice a big color balancing change?

Movie was much more muted and industrial in a good way. Blu Ray seems like the colors and neons pop a lot more.

Esch

Banned
i get Playing In The Wind vibes off that joint. French doesnt rap like that anymore. i wish it was a whole song.
Same. Shit has so much soul. I hate hate hate it when rappers/producers make some serious crack beat into like a minute track. This track, Pyrex Vision, and Sixteen Switches Pt. 2 are great examples

The Doppelgangaz might be my new go-to group. We'll see how they fare after a 3rd album but everything they've put out so far has been A+ to me.
Hark is a great album, a nice follow up to Lone Sharks, which was my favorite album of 2011. No fancy frills, no pretension, just good ass dark hip-hop that doesn't take itself too seriously.

CRS

The Doppelgangaz might be my new go-to group. We'll see how they fare after a 3rd album but everything they've put out so far has been A+ to me.
Hark is a great album, a nice follow up to Lone Sharks, which was my favorite album of 2011. No fancy frills, no pretension, just good ass dark hip-hop that doesn't take itself too seriously.

They have more than those two albums. Beats for Brothels Vol. 2 came out last year, mostly a beat tape (great one at that), and 2012: A New Beginning and Beats for Brothels Vol. 1 has been out for a few years now.

There was an EP released last year too.

They have more than those two albums. Beats for Brothels Vol. 2 came out last year, mostly a beat tape (great one at that), and 2012: A New Beginning and Beats for Brothels Vol. 1 has been out for a few years now.

There was an EP released last year too.

;-; been out of the loop for too long

Tokubetsu

Did you listen to that Kevin Gates mixtape? I finally stopped sleeping on it today and it seemed like something you would really fuck with

Yea, I love it.

Noticed a lot of southern are killing lately, like they're actually songwriters/storytellers you know. Kevin Gates, Starlito, hell even Trouble have this great ability of totally hitting the right tone for a song.

Yea, I love it.

Noticed a lot of southern are killing lately, like they're actually songwriters/storytellers you know. Kevin Gates, Starlito, hell even Trouble have this great ability of totally hitting the right tone for a song.
Haha, my man. You know when I was listening to it. I was like this dude's storytelling reminds me of Starlito. Toku would love this.

I am really fiending for what Trouble does next. Dude is like a southern DMX to me personally.

Tokubetsu

Haha, my man. You know when I was listening to it. I was like this dude's storytelling reminds me of Starlito. Toku would love this.

I am really fiending for what Trouble does next. Dude is like a southern DMX to me personally.

Totally, I think you put me onto him haha. Starlito's next tape is gonna be interesting as hell as well. He's always tweeting cryptic shit but past few months or so he's been tweeting a lot about label business meetings and even most a shot of some text msg where someone was kinda hyping him up saying shit like "you realize how much buzz you have and you have zero work ethic? You make mixtapes in a week and get all this critical and fan support imagine if you had a team behind you and put in some effort." Then says shit like "I didn't want a deal last year."

Think he might be set to show out haha.

Totally, I think you put me onto him haha. Starlito's next tape is gonna be interesting as hell as well. He's always tweeting cryptic shit but past few months or so he's been tweeting a lot about label business meetings and even most a shot of some text msg where someone was kinda hyping him up saying shit like "you realize how much buzz you have and you have zero work ethic? You make mixtapes in a week and get all this critical and fan support imagine if you had a team behind you and put in some effort." Then says shit like "I didn't want a deal last year."

Think he might be set to show out haha.
You know it's funny I made that comparison with Kevin Gates and Starlito because Gates said he would be down with making a track with him.

Also yea haha I remember giving you links on steam. That's pretty interesting about Starlito though. I would assume he is dropping a project soon when you take into account how often he releases stuff.

thabiz

esch,

dude, you are GOD. that naan pizza was brilliant.

chorizo, buffalo mozzarella, onion and fresh oregano with sweet basil sauce. add some red pepper flakes when it was done. i put it under the broiler instead of the toaster oven.

damn tasty.

Esch

Banned
FUCK yeah did you use mexican or spanish chorizo (i have both in the house and im willing to try em. I see you w/the red pepper but recently ive been drizzling sriracha on top goddamn

thabiz

Spanish. i had one left over from the other night. i would recommend to give them a very quick fry (if its already cooked) before going in the oven.

PBY

Banned
The Kevin Gates is my pleasant surprise of the year thus far- hes like a more conscious/better rapping version of Gorilla Zoe imho. Which is great.

All credit to HRD.

DominoKid

Yes Lord hook was raaaaaaaaaaaaw. that's about it though. that new track yall posted sounds like gave me No Limit vibes off the beat.

also, never thought i'd see a Future thread on the OT lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You shd listen to the whole tape, that track is old, was the first leak off the tape.

This is the new track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfAcsKXgV7g
The video is new though, and as dope as the song.

And TU is a banger too. Hit-Boy knocking them out.

Yes Lord hook was raaaaaaaaaaaaw. that's about it though. that new track yall posted sounds like gave me No Limit vibes off the beat.

also, never thought i'd see a Future thread on the OT lol.
Yeah the hook is what keeps me coming back to that song.

I should probably listen to the tape too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also one of the dudes in Audio Push sounds and looks like a combination of Hit-Boy and Travis Scott and it trips me the fuck out. I can barely tell the difference.

PBY

Banned
cover.jpg

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/21130/travis-porter-mr-porter.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom