• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

Danny Brown x Eric Sermon

it would be really good for me.

Played XXX all day. Realized I fucking live that album (title track especially). Minus the budding fame part.

EDIT:

Also need Slim Fucking Thug to get up off his ass and make a new studio joint. That indie/street guap must be nice, but I'm straight fiending for a new genuine new thugga. He takes the time to kill any new beat that comes out just to tease people into showing us he's still got it (murked All Gold Everything and Started From the Bottom better than anyone else). Hearing him on the Fraud tape just brought back the pain.

kamspy

Fraud tape is nice, but I've been off my track fiend shit so it's all new to me.

Some nice collabos. P and French have great chemistry.

I wonder how exactly Young Roddy got his own track. Had to be some contractual shit involving Spitta.

my family gatherings consist of unhealthy amounts of whiskey drinking, crab tarkari, fights, saregamapa, and women crying.

make sure to show up 3 hours late as per indian standard time

gawd i hate that shit. granted i do it too but i'm trying to be better, now i'm only half an hour late.

edit: young roddy impressed on new jet city kams.

Esch

Banned
Time to step up to wine sauces youngblood.
shit is pretty overrated imo, i fucks with a nice coq au vin or beef bourguinion but overall french food is put up on a stupid pedestal and pretty much exceeds in just being opulent and bland. i do like some of the rustic country shit tho.

Esch

Banned
gawd i hate that shit. granted i do it too but i'm trying to be better, now i'm only half an hour late.

edit: young roddy impressed on new jet city kams.
fuck that shit. im early for everything. if im not 15 minutes early for everything except parties i get a lil irritated. IST is almost as bad as brown people not tipping. shit is the worst.

thabiz

shit is pretty overrated imo, i fucks with a nice coq au vin or beef bourguinion but overall french food is put up on a stupid pedestal and pretty much exceeds in just being opulent and bland. i do like some of the rustic country shit tho.

French food has its place, but for 1 person its far too much work.

Esch

Banned
agreed. out of all euro cuisine its the most time consuming, and i just dont find the returns that great. learning a couple of those dishes is nice though, for a date with a picky tongue or for a group dinner.

Looking through my library and all of a sudden I'm listening to an XV track.

Whatever happened to that dude? He wasn't anything extraordinary but he was alright.

thabiz

well this turned out to be a strange day. that new lupe track....

......is......

........actually........

....good.

whats going on?

Esch

Banned

Whatever happened to that dude? He wasn't anything extraordinary but he was alright.
boxed himself with his dipshit nerd persona and kept pandering to his stupid, pathetic core fanbase.

like CuDi

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Youngblood?

dont have any wine on hand for a reduction.

not a big wine man. i like my beer.
agreed. out of all euro cuisine its the most time consuming, and i just dont find the returns that great. learning a couple of those dishes is nice though, for a date with a picky tongue or for a group dinner.

I was just playing really lol. I'm a chef and I don't even cook the old Escoffier styled French myself, unless I'm at work and a client requests something specific.

Stuck on Warner. I remember when he signed too. It was right when all that electro hop shit was on the airwaves; Graduation was a success, Cudi was popular, etc. Seemed like the perfect time for him. Dunno now. He has some very good tracks but overall I'm not a fan.

boxed himself with his dipshit nerd persona and kept pandering to his stupid, pathetic core fanbase.

like CuDi
Oh.

:(

Stuck on Warner. I remember when he signed too. It was right when all that electro hop shit was on the airwaves; Graduation was a success, Cudi was popular, etc. Seemed like the perfect time for him. Dunno now. He has some very good tracks but overall I'm not a fan.
Damn. Sucks for him. I thought he would get some radio play back then at least. He never really stood out from the rest of the other rappers at the time anyway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

like CuDi
None of this applies to CuDi. CuDi doesn't have a nerd persona, and the reason his fans split on him is because he did something too different every time (See MotM2 & WZRD).

Esch

Banned
None of this applies to CuDi. CuDi doesn't have a nerd persona, and the reason his fans split on him is because he did something too different every time (See MotM2 & WZRD).
no, its cause they finished puberty and realized they were fuckin up.

cacophony

XV followers who are young, energetic, creative individuals. Those who don't conform and are trying to find themselves. Usually college kids who listen to the artist XV.
question : "How you feel?"
answer: "Awesome!"
question: how would you define yourself?
answer: I'm a squarian

iVrBdofqi6RZF.gif

Esch

Banned
I was just playing really lol. I'm a chef and I don't even cook the old Escoffier styled French myself, unless I'm at work and a client requests something specific.
Not surprised. I feel like french food in the recent past was so often the traditional go to for foodies/people into haute cuisine that everyone, including chefs is tired of that shit.

DominoKid

XV followers who are young, energetic, creative individuals. Those who don't conform and are trying to find themselves. Usually college kids who listen to the artist XV.
question : "How you feel?"
answer: "Awesome!"
question: how would you define yourself?
answer: I'm a squarian

iVrBdofqi6RZF.gif

yeah idk how that even gets through the idea/brainstorming stage.

Esch

Banned
i dont get the milkwarm reception for the fraud tape. Then again i dont have the majority of these tracks

Garbage Bag Money freestyle
leon.png

Esch

Banned
on this other hand this Ethelwulf is the exact opposite, only a couple tracks but it's a fucking filet mignon EP cut of some cloud rap... top 5 otY right now

CRS was right this Kurokumo song is like SotY quality

DominoKid

rocking out to my Fraud playlist* reading this Village Voice piece on him. some bits:

When did you first hook up with Action Bronson?
It was probably like about two years ago. My close friend and artist that I work with, Eddie B, he put me on to Bronson and kept telling me to check this kid out. I'm not very up on current stuff -- I haven't even listened to anyone's albums or any of that shit -- but he was like telling me about Bronson for a while. Then I heard "Shiraz" and it was like wow. I started putting it out there; what I do if I like an artist is I'll put it out with my friends that are rappers and tell them if they're ever around the dude to tell them I want to work. We exchanged contact information, started talking on the phone, but I had to hound him a little bit at first! I had to hound him to come over to the studio, I think because he was a little trepidatious because of the type of producer I was then -- I had really been doing things like producing French [Montana] and people probably thought I was very one-dimensional. But we ended up making a bunch of stuff and "Morey Boogie Boards" was actually one of the very first songs we did together.

smh how folks gonna doubt the god harry fraud.

What did you think the first time you heard Danny Brown's voice?
Ha ha, it's weird 'cause the first time I heard it I thought, "Who is this?" Then the second time I heard Danny Brown's voice I didn't know it was him, 'cause he's got so many different styles. He has such a wide vocal range. Me and my buddy were just talking about that. He's got something that's lost in rap where a rapper will really use their voice more like an instrument and go into all different types of pitches and flows and styles. Danny's not trapped by his voice.

*absolute bliss btw.

CRS

I really, really, really, want to hear this beat.

From a different interview said:
Who are your Top 5 producers this year?
Alchemist, Alchemist, Alchemist, Alchemist, and Alchemist. That's my Top 5. I fuck with Alchemist, man. Alchemist has a beat. I don't even want to say who it's for, it's for two West Coast legends, and every time this beat is in my presence, I just make them play it over and over. I don't even like anybody's beats but Alchemist, he's fucking incredible.

DominoKid

i love when artists fan out over other artists' shit.

i dont get the milkwarm reception for the fraud tape. Then again i dont have the majority of these tracks

Garbage Bag Money freestyle
leon.png

i get Playing In The Wind vibes off that joint. French doesnt rap like that anymore. i wish it was a whole song.

I definitely like the culture that's bubbling in certain parts of NY and LA right now. Fraud, Bronson, Danny Brown, etc all essentially coming up together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom