• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Seems like it's more awkward because of the stage set up and all the others on the stage being awkward though. And that song really isn't one that should be performed live.

dat chick tho

she's talented
tumblr_mdc506Owgx1rxn0k9.png

PBY

Banned
what do you mean?

i think you do- listened on speakers instead of my laptop, they come in at :44.

Do you tune them to specific notes in the key of the beat you're making? Also, I have a hard time mixing them right- you just throw a compressor over the other tracks and sidechain them to the kick?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
im already imaging rick ross rapping over it about wingstop & crab legs w/ the heavy butter.

Lemon Pepper chicken wings / Pablo fronted me 6 whole things / Always got my hammer cocked / full sized prawns and cocktail sauce

cacophony

i think you do- listened on speakers instead of my laptop, they come in at :44.

Do you tune them to specific notes in the key of the beat you're making? Also, I have a hard time mixing them right- you just throw a compressor over the other tracks and sidechain them to the kick?

those are the 808s & yeah they are played to match the beat. i have a compressor and eq to boost the low end. it took me a long ass time to get alright at mixing them, just make sure they arent pumping the mix ie when you mute the 808s the rest of the beat gets louder because it was interfering w/ their frequencies.

the ones in that beat should probably be lower tho they sound kinda goofy

PBY

Banned
those are the 808s & yeah they are played to match the beat. i have a compressor and eq to boost the low end. it took me a long ass time to get alright at mixing them, just make sure they arent pumping the mix ie when you mute the 808s the rest of the beat gets louder because it was interfering w/ their frequencies.

the ones in that beat should probably be lower tho they sound kinda goofy

thanks so much, gotta work on that; and nah, beat is dope.

oh fuck. deniro farrar murks based world. i didn't think a rapper would work on it but it's great.

and he does his best "future" hook for thug til i die.

Kwixotik

I still can't believe how slept on Deniro Farrar is. He's had slightly under 5000 Facebook likes for the past year. Maybe I just have to move on to the Twitter metric.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Timbaland's drums are right again. Apparently he's got a lot of fire in the pipeline.
I expect him to get back in the game after getting signed to Roc Nation. All I'm hoping is he washes over the current prevailing sound in hip-hop with something new that takes the nation by storm. I certainly want to get over the evolving Luger sound before I'm completely burnt out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom