• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwixotik

I've listened to So Many Days and the Based World remix so many times that I don't have any opinions about the rest of The Patriarch yet, but those are damn good opening and closing tracks

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I expect him to get back in the game after getting signed to Roc Nation. All I'm hoping is he washes over the current prevailing sound in hip-hop with something new that takes the nation by storm. I certainly want to get over the evolving Luger sound before I'm completely burnt out on it.

Roc Nation has a serious lab in effect now

Timbo
NO ID
Stargate

I've listened to So Many Days and the Based World remix so many times that I don't have any opinions about the rest of The Patriarch yet, but those are damn good opening and closing tracks

thug til i die and fears are really good too

Snitches and Kill Your Idol are my shit

A bunch of different favorites is usually the sign of a good project.

But Based World Remix is omgggg. I can't restart the tape because I keep restarting that one track. Can't Get Sleep is great too.

iavi

Whoa is grime as fuck. Can't even begin to hate. Tyler's production has made that transition from sounding like he'd go with whatever worked in garageband to shit that actually sounds kinda studied, and dude killed that hook. Earl is fire as long as the dude isn't on his molly face tip. aka chum, aka that bullshit on channel orange. Was none of that shit here.

E: I missed a good plug session? Fuck, peeps.

I thought the hook was awful and I was hoping for not Tyler production, but Earl is still great so I'm looking forward to more music from him I guess.

captain murphy is what happens when they get on actual production. not this nasty sounding fisher price bullshit.

i hope earl gets some legit beats on his project.

Kwixotik

Whoa is grime as fuck. Can't even begin to hate. Tyler's production has made that transition from sounding like he'd go with whatever worked in garageband to shit that actually sounds kinda studied, and dude killed that hook. Earl is fire as long as the dude isn't on his molly face tip. aka chum, aka that bullshit on channel orange. Was none of that shit here.

I have pretty much the exact opposite opinion of everything in this post

iavi

I thought the hook was awful and I was hoping for not Tyler production, but Earl is still great so I'm looking forward to more music from him I guess.

I wasn't hoping for Tyler production either, but between this and Beemer, I'm not going to lose my shit at PROD: Wolf Haley, Ace, or whatever the fuck he goes by when producing, in the credits. It's leveled up.

cacophony

i just cant find anything to like about odd future. that song is so boring, dont remember anything about it afterwards. tyler's production is so lazy

//B1G

Banned
Yo who gots a 40 year old Filipino going from telling them she feels guilty because "they're still a baby" to sending them pics in thongs in 5 minutes? Oh yeah das me.

Tokubetsu

You thought Channel Orange was boring...just wait until you hear this.

Every song on this JT album has a four minute outro. It's kind of hilarious. You get halfway through and you're like "oh god there's still twenty-seven fucking minutes left?" I like Tunnel Vision but I swear half of it's run time is a fucking outro.

it's long and boring.

and it's not like pyramids where you can easily justify the length of that. that was two different songs, different vibes.

this album is just 3-4 minute outros on every track.

Tokubetsu

i like em on some songs like Mirrors but most of the songs dwell way too long, like track 3

There is this great three track stretch on the album, tunnel vision is part of it and iirc, every one of them has a god damn outro. Shortest one of the bunch is like 15 seconds shy of seven minutes. That's the SHORTEST one.

It's like he was listening to Voodoo constantly for the last few years and wanted more songs he could sing to his wifey. Only it doesn't quite work because it's not like he's jamming with a band trying to find a groove and shit. These are tightly produced (written, recorded, mixed etc) eight minute god damn songs and most overstay their welcome by time they hit the four minute mark but they just keep going. Gotta get let the beat drop, pick it back up and drop it again. Outros over errthang.

Should also add that the laid back atmosphere of the album really shines a light on what a horrible lyrcisit JT is. Cornball lines all over these tracks. If you thought Forrest Gump was cheesing as fuck and you champion this album go hang ya self.

Fjordson

Some obscure guy, trust me he's good:

3674346190-1-450x450.jpg

Download here.

Blu & Exile - Ease Your Mind video.
The Chromatics sample on that second track is dope.

Blu song is still dope, nice video.

mooooose

Tyler's hook sounds just like a Pharrell hook and his mannerisms are nearly identical. Pretty gay but still cool because I like Pharrell.

HiiiLife

Man obviously OF is Earl's crew. But I kinda wish he would dissociate himself from them. Frank Ocean can too. Ignorant comment is ignorant. I don't like the rest of the crew at all.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Pho is really good hangover food.

Every weekend when I realize its 5 in the morning, im drunk and hungry I walk down to one of the 24 hour pho places (the more local looking the better) and it always makes me a happy man. Even if they skimp the fuck out on the meat here in nam. Gotta go with the meatballs to get anything of substance meat wise.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Every weekend when I realize its 5 in the morning, im drunk and hungry I walk down to one of the 24 hour pho places (the more local looking the better) and it always makes me a happy man. Even if they skimp the fuck out on the meat here in nam. Gotta go with the meatballs to get anything of substance meat wise.

It is one of the greatest sober up foods ever

thabiz

Like i said. Like JT, but better.

"NOOOOOO. Thats crazy talk"

Told ya.

Jared Evan all day long.

They have both been away too long. Album got overproduced to hell and back. ease up boys. Tunnel Vision is nuts. You can barely keep track of JT. There is just way too much going on in these songs. The kitchen sink brought his friends. crazy. I got dizzy listening to this album.

Let The Groove is such a MJ ripoff, i can sing "mama se mama sa mama coosa" right over top, and it fits PERFECTLY. I plotzed.

j cole gonna be spitting over some fire?

or jay-z saving all the good beats for himself.

*trollface*
Cole wouldn't know what to do with those beats. I still laugh at his story about getting Nas' Stay beat (from No ID) first; this ninja's version is horrible whereas Nas' version is great, yet Cole honestly believes he made a classic.

Thank god he didn't get Tears of Joy either, he'd fu k that up too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom