• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Until the End of Time>most of Jay and Em's discography
denzelwashington1.jpg

EDIT: DAMN DAD, WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT? is killing me in this plug room, bwahahhaa what the fuck. That's a gem.

So earlier tonight I was rearranging shit in my room, and I accidentally kicked over a bottle of water. No biggie, except I kicked it over with my drum machine/sampler nearby, and about a half liter of water got inside. So I just kinda shake it out, and hope not too much got in.

I plug it in and hope for the best. No bueno. Half of the pads are not responding, and mute function is randomly activating.

Shit.

So I start digging out the screws in the back. One last screw is covered by the warranty sticker, so I rip that fucker out, since I assume they can spot water damage.

I open it and I guess I see the circuit board. I have no idea what I'm looking.

I unscrew more screws to dislodge the circuit board so I can look under the pads.

I take out the pads and I see some circuit line thingies I guess. Some of them look normal, some of them look fucked. I think "hmmmm, maybe I should clean these fuckers. I think I'm gonna try some hydrogen peroxide". Why hydrogen peroxide? What fucking not hydrogen peroxide?

So I get the H2O2 and some q-tips, and I get my clean on. And I'm just all like:

I-Have-No-Idea-What-I-am-Doing-17.jpg

But I clean until my heart's content. Start screwing shit back in to things. I plug my shit in and

woman.jpg

my shit works!

Moral of the story:

Don't let the haters get you down, and if you find yourself in a jam, hydrogen peroxide might could be your answer.

aight peace

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So earlier tonight I was rearranging shit in my room, and I accidentally kicked over a bottle of water. No biggie, except I kicked it over with my drum machine/sampler nearby, and about a half liter of water got inside. So I just kinda shake it out, and hope not too much got in.

I plug it in and hope for the best. No bueno. Half of the pads are not responding, and mute function is randomly activating.

Shit.

So I start digging out the screws in the back. One last screw is covered by the warranty sticker, so I rip that fucker out, since I assume they can spot water damage.

I open it and I guess I see the circuit board. I have no idea what I'm looking.

I unscrew more screws to dislodge the circuit board so I can look under the pads.

I take out the pads and I see some circuit line thingies I guess. Some of them look normal, some of them look fucked. I think "hmmmm, maybe I should clean these fuckers. I think I'm gonna try some hydrogen peroxide". Why hydrogen peroxide? What fucking not hydrogen peroxide?

So I get the H2O2 and some q-tips, and I get my clean on. And I'm just all like:

I-Have-No-Idea-What-I-am-Doing-17.jpg

But I clean until my heart's content. Start screwing shit back in to things. I plug my shit in and

woman.jpg

my shit works!

Moral of the story:

Don't let the haters get you down, and if you find yourself in a jam, hydrogen peroxide might could be your answer.

aight peace

as a guy that shit like that happens to often and who will give no fucks as i try to fix it cause fuck buying a new one....

iLmhVETS0m92y.gif

I guess they want to give Kanye' album all the room it needs to crawl to a gold album status...

Tokubetsu

Also the fact that people like using the phrase "putting numbers on the boards" more than they actually listen to the song.

Esch

Banned
Pusha wants so hard to be a rap boss. The names of his music, the themes and art, the 'king push' stuff. Its so embarassing. Might as well go get an IT cert or something.

Isn't hip-hop all bravado? And it's not like people haven't been gassing Push up since We Got It For Cheap.

The three things that stick out to me is subject matter, flow and versatility. Kind of like Jadakiss. To me, good mix tape rapper but never felt any of his albums (his first was a solid attempt).

IrishNinja

man i dont even remember until the end of time, another to revisit

If you don't at least count It Was Written as a good album I can't take your opinion seriously.

co-sign

Stillmatic is full of legit dope tracks. I'd agree the production feels rather dated, even on tracks I like such Got Yourself A.

Intro
Ether
Got Yourself A
You're Da Man
Rewind
One Mic
2nd Childhood
Destroy & Rebuild (one of the most smug, arrogant disses ever lmao)
The Flyest
What Goes Around

Rule isn't bad despite a rather odd interpolation.

+1, the bolded is my personally most slept-on song cause no one names it

I've heard Dre deletes anything he doesn't think is good.

we all like to pretend dudes have a vault like prince but i bet you there's very little gold in these things

mooooose

Pusha wants so hard to be a rap boss. The names of his music, the themes and art, the 'king push' stuff. Its so embarassing. Might as well go get an IT cert or something.
LMFAO.

I really like pusha but the year since cruel summer hasn't been kind to him. That really set him up at the "lyrical one" from good. Now no one cares again.

Detox

Mqmm6oP.png

Apparently he is going to release a video of the recording session. It's going to be a bunch of famous people drunk.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Until the End of Time>most of Jay and Em's discography

Y'all missed the point. Waning has a meaning. Tupac was shot in his prime and didn't have the longevity or the technology that these guys have. Modern artists have hard drives and backup redundancies rather than cassettes that degrade quickly and are decentralized. When the prolific rappers of our times pass there will a ton of shit from Jay's prime, Em's prime, etc that they didn't feel was album worthy that will be released. And freestyles from Em's non-screaming phase will likely be better than "I guess that's why they call it window pane."

Detox

Really late on this but the winners of the Sonic competition are 36 and Enzo. Congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone who entered. 36's entry killed me especially with the signature he put on it. Enzo's entry is endearing. I've got enzo on my fl, 36 add me on Steam

Masterpiece.jpg

ibhiY9B5MHm2LI.png

Detox

Almost 3 years of playing Dota and I still love it, learning new stuff, heroes and the metachanges keep the game fresh. That plus it's free and multiplayer. It's a game that reminds me why I love videogames. Though all the ancillary features are well polished the core gameplay is the bread and butter of the experience and it is extremely good. A game that isn't afraid to grant the player a lot of skills with little handholding, though it is initially overwhelming if you put the time in it pays off in spades.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Almost 3 years of playing Dota and I still love it, learning new stuff, heroes and the metachanges keep the game fresh. That plus it's free and multiplayer. It's a game that reminds me why I love videogames. Though all the ancillary features are well polished the core gameplay is the bread and butter of the experience and it is extremely good. A game that isn't afraid to grant the player a lot of skills with little handholding, though it is initially overwhelming if you put the time in it pays off in spades.

not in solo que it doesn't.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Its rockstar.

Shit optimized pc port 14 months post release. Fuck em.

w/e i ain't even mad. i bought 4 for 5$. i am not even excited either, just played sleeping dogs for 20$ [fantastic PC port btw] and had a blast. these console peasants dunno know about (cheap) PC life.

DominoKid

complex ranks all the Jay-Z albums

15. Unfinished Business (2004)
14. Kingdom Come (2006)
13. The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse (2002)
12. The Blueprint 3 (2009)
11. The Best of Both Worlds (2002)
10. Magna Carta Holy Grail (2013)
9. American Gangster (2007)
8. The Dynasty: Roc La Familia (2000)
7. Watch The Throne (2011)
6. In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 (1997)
5. Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter (1999)
4. The Black Album (2003)
3. Vol. 2...Hard Knock Life (1998)
2. Reasonable Doubt (1996)
1. The Blueprint (2001)

i'd bump WTT up to #5 but that's a list i can rock with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom