• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerStepp

What am I listening to?

What is Jay Z doing?

I lasted longer on the new J Cole. I'm barely 30 seconds into 'Tom Ford' and I think I've heard it all.

Was he trying to be experimental like Kanye?

Detox

Ace just curious have you thought of putting the vocals from the song that inspired you back over the beat? Or maybe remix verses into different beats, I know you did this in some of your last few mixes, kind of what Greenlantern did with Pac in the early 00's.

effzee

im not saying it was jay's doing, but the way his ownership in the nets was handled was shady. they really let everyone believe that he was a major contributor.

I thought that was all for the perfect marketing for the move to Brooklyn. I mean who wants a Bond villain as the face of the franchise?

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Damn just saw the video of that Brazilian rapper gettin shot while he was performing on stage....

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Ace just curious have you thought of putting the vocals from the song that inspired you back over the beat? Or maybe remix verses into different beats, I know you did this in some of your last few mixes, kind of what Greenlantern did with Pac in the early 00's.

Not yet

Was so excited to find the melody midi just made the beat lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
im not saying it was jay's doing, but the way his ownership in the nets was handled was shady. they really let everyone believe that he was a major contributor.

Well he was an owner before they got bought
Think his role diminished after that but was a face man

Not unlike Magic and the Dodgers

IrishNinja

ill never get the whip test...shit sounds whatever in miami traffic when you're fighting road rage

also black album > vol 2 but i can see it being close for some i guess, the further you get down jay's list the less people would really debate tho

Black skinheads worst song on the album tho

you can't be serious, there's like 3 tracks below that before we even debate on sight

Vol 2 h as those tragic early NuNYC beats that early Roc and Ruff Ryders killed. Much like early 3D games, there were the shit at the time and actually seemed like the future. But like early 3D games, they're hella awkward now.

haha i dont agree much with kams these days but this analogy is s rank

Esch

Banned
ill never get the whip test...shit sounds whatever in miami traffic when you're fighting road rage
No clean water, no whip test. Whats the point of even living in miami if you cant enjoy the simplest pleasures in life

Shout out to cuban booty tho

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Born Sinner actually sounds really weird in the whip.

N***az Know and Trouble still go hard as fuck though. Both of those songs are incredible.

IrishNinja

No clean water, no whip test. Whats the point of even living in miami if you cant enjoy the simplest pleasures in life

Shout out to cuban booty tho

hahaha...i mean the water's cleaner here than i had it in the midwest, but i dunno where will smith was that time he said you see to the bottom

the worst part is that this is like the biggest city i been to where you need a whip cause public transit packs heat and doesnt really stop most times anyway

Esch

Banned
Depends on where you are. If youre like me and near the Mississippi you get the finest glass in the nation. Shit tastes like God's vagina.

PBY

Banned

N***az Know and Trouble still go hard as fuck though. Both of those songs are incredible.
BS has weak drums. It doesn't have that trap bass that the whip needs.

And Irish come on breh. Miami is whip test approved IMHO.

BS has weak drums. It doesn't have that trap bass that the whip needs.

And Irish come on breh. Miami is whip test approved IMHO.

:/, now you can say what you typically say Enzo lol
Depends on where you are. If youre like me and near the Mississippi you get the finest glass in the nation. Shit tastes like God's vagina.

Yup, when I used to live deep in the country of Mississippi...that water is one thing I truly miss

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
:/, now you can say what you typically say Enzo lol
He's right on that somewhat though..

Like, I usually have my iPhone up on this shelf thing in my bathroom when I take a shower, so I got some music playing. I just can't play some songs because [technical reason I can't explain here] doesn't allow the instrumental to shine through the phone speakers as well through the sound of the water. Similar kind of deal there to when your in a car and you just can't feel some shit like you could through headphones or even home sound system. Luger clip won't go through at all through the shower.

Regardless, Born Sinner isn't exactly the shit I want to jam to in the whip, content-wise, but the songs I cited earlier do work.

PBY

Banned

Like, I usually have my iPhone up on this shelf thing in my bathroom when I take a shower, so I got some music playing. I just can't play some songs because [technical reason I can't explain here] doesn't allow the instrumental to shine through the phone speakers as well through the sound of the water. Similar kind of deal there to when your in a car and you just can't feel some shit like you could through headphones or even home sound system. Luger clip won't go through at all through the shower.

Regardless, Born Sinner isn't exactly the shit I want to jam to in the whip, content-wise, but the songs I cited earlier do work.
The whip "feel" is super important. Songs can be tough and punchy, and that's cool- but for a real whip gem that shit need to shake my vehicle. I need to see my rear view mirror spazzing out.

I know he's right about the bass, but I was specifically referring to the trap part since there's other basses that hit hard.

Girls once validating musical taste

Finding that grey area hip hop that both me and girls can listen to in the car is key.

I dont know man I enjoyed it. Whole album is pretty smooth. Doesn't hit crazy hard or have that "Trap bass" but it sounded good

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I didn't know shitty regulations on tap water were a thing in 2013 until I read in one of the fighting game threads that Florida tap water is disgusting. Isn't this shit that should be ironed out and properly regulated by now, even if it's still done at a provincial/state level? How do you skimp on this shit.

EDIT: Nardwuar vs. Fabolous.

Esch

Banned
maple syrup? bacon? moose steaks? chicks with floppy cone tits? really, really clean air?

troll.png

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
i actually never had any BC bud. heard its strong though. also theres no way you can perform the whip test in toronto, traffic is god awful. and cyclists suck. neva gonna drive there again. then again, transit system is awful there is well. have to pay 2 fares coming in from the gta.

Novid

Banned
I didn't know shitty regulations on tap water were a thing in 2013 until I read in one of the fighting game threads that Florida tap water is disgusting. Isn't this shit that should be ironed out and properly regulated by now, even if it's still done at a provincial/state level? How do you skimp on this shit.

well sorry to tell you this Enzo, but most of the major cities outside of Philly - really don't test for tap water. That's why when you see certain statistics and wonder why Philly is so high, its not because its more dirty, its that others don't test. (unless, the rest of the country has upgraded there systems)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom