• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
http://mishkanyc.bandcamp.com/album/unknown-death-2002
16AiXGx.jpg

Welcome 2 Unknown Death [Prod. Yung Sherman] 01:52
download
Nitevision (feat. Bladee) [Prod. Yung Gud] 03:44
Oceans 2001 [Prod. Gregar] 03:26
Gatorade [Prod. Yung Gud] 03:19
Hurt [Prod. Suicideyear] 04:07
Lightsaber // Saviour [Prod. Yung Sherman] 04:34
Princess Daisy [Prod. Yung Gud] 03:35
Lemonade (feat. Baba Stiltz) [Prod. Yung Sherman] 03:16
Emails [Prod. White Armor] 03:00
Deathstar // Getting Benjamins [Prod. White Armor] 02:48
Heal You // Bladerunner (feat. Bladee) [Prod. White Armor] 03:04
Solarflare [Prod. Friendzone] 03:20

Would I be stoned if I said that I have never listened to any of the Vol albums of Jay-Z? Totally skipped over them.

Looking over that list, I guess I really have to try Vol 2 out if it's ranked above the Black Album...

naw

Would I be stoned if I said that I have never listened to any of the Vol albums of Jay-Z? Totally skipped over them.

Looking over that list, I guess I really have to try Vol 2 out if it's ranked above the Black Album...
it's not better than TBA

and you shouldn't take complex seriously

it's not better than TBA

and you shouldn't take complex seriously

Well, I mean I know Complex aint the best damned reviewers and that all should abide by them...

There must be some reason why it's held in such high regards, over Vol 1 and 3, too.

DominoKid

Well, I mean I know Complex aint the best damned reviewers and that all should abide by them...

There must be some reason why it's held in such high regards, over Vol 1 and 3, too.

it's the one w/ the best singles.

Hard Knock Life
Jigga What Jigga Who
Money Cash Hoes
Can I Get A
Money Aint A Thing

easily the best Volume.

the only Jay album I play from start to finish too.

effzee

Lmao OT is tearing jay a new won right now. HATE HATE HATE HATE.

Its mainly drive by posters who don't even like rap in general.

Random ass shit like he wouldn't have a career if BIG was alive or how he is a douche because he somehow forced a Russian billionaire into buying the nets but then abandoned him a year later.

thabiz

Its mainly drive by posters who don't even like rap in general.

Random ass shit like he wouldn't have a career if BIG was alive or how he is a douche because he somehow forced a Russian billionaire into buying the nets but then abandoned him a year later.

im not saying it was jay's doing, but the way his ownership in the nets was handled was shady. they really let everyone believe that he was a major contributor.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
hell no

SNL performance is better but still
Nah, album version is less screamy and more dark/cold sweats/devilish sounding.

apparently the worst video too. sure kanye it was "stolen". cant wait to see the official version with one tiny change
Ye didn't say it was stolen, just leaked. Someone hosted it early when they weren't supposed to, probably someone at Universal got a hold of it.

I mean.. it was clearly unfinished.

I Am A GOD ruins the flow of the first 7 tracks. Cut it out and you have yourself the best 1-7 ever.
What.. the transition between New Slaves to I Am A God to Black Skinheads is sublime.

kamspy

You shave a couple experimental (at the time) pop songs off Vol 1 and it becomes a natural extension of Reasonable Doubt. It would be a top 3 Jay album for me.

Reasonable Doubt
Vol 1
Blueprint
Black Album
Roc La Familia
Vol 2
WTT
BP2
MCHG
American Gangster
Kingdom Come
Best of Both Worlds
Vol 3
Blueprint 3

This is that Vol 1 shit

sell a half price sweater new out this muh fucka

Esch

Banned
i can't fuck with that stupid drum pattern on Black Skinhead. god dammit i hate punk.

edit: cot damn that Kamspy Jay catalogue list. pretty dope, but I dont fuck with la familia like that.

kamspy

La Familia gets slept on. It was supposed to be a Roc compilation album until the day it hit stores basically. But that was Jay Prime right there. That's when he was throwin fire balls and shit between Vol 3 and Blueprint. It's got some of the best Jay verses of any album. Go back to it and tell me and wrong. bet.

Esch

Banned
the verses are dope as shit but the song concepts aren't as well put together though. Dynasty intro might be the goat hip hop album intro ever tho.

kamspy

Nope. Just skimmed it. You're misremembering Esch. It's Vol 2 with better flows, features and beats. Just give is a skim.

Dat 1900 HUSTLER hype when it first came out >>>>>>>>>> most other hypes.

Vol 2 h as those tragic early NuNYC beats that early Roc and Ruff Ryders killed. Much like early 3D games, there were the shit at the time and actually seemed like the future. But like early 3D games, they're hella awkward now.

Esch

Banned
On Sight is definitely the best song on the album IMO. It's not unmastered, it's meant to be that way, and that's exactly why it's dope.

it's one of my favorites too.

I'll give La Familia a re-listen, why the fuck not. I'll do it in the plug room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom