• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

I can understand if your at work, class, driving, or with friends. But if your not picking up your phone cuz you " don't feel like it". Well then your just being mean.
It's just that I don't have my phone with me at all times. I'll forget it at home, in the car, etc. And sometimes, I'll leave without my phone on purpose. It's an amazing feeling and really liberating knowing people can't get in contact with you.

Obviously not working with other people and people not depending on me helps. When I'm waiting for a call or a message, sure I'm a little more vigilant and will turn on the ringer.

CRS

Holy shit.

We're renovating a house, currently doing the plumbing, and the mid 40s Hawaiian plumber just pulled a Biggie reference.

Nearly lost it.

CRS

^ Hahahahahaha. This was one of your better pause worthy posts.

"That's why I don't want to take more jobs. Like my man, Biggie, once said, 'Mo money, and mo problems.'"

It's a common reference but still respected the dude.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
tumblr_mpldm4RxSM1qdlh1io1_400.gif

DominoKid

Starting tomorrow and then throughout the week, BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe will air his new interview with Jay-Z. According to NME, Jay revealed to Lowe that he had already started working on the Magna Carta Holy Grail tracks "Holy Grail" (featuring Justin Timberlake) and "Oceans" (featuring Frank Ocean) around the time he was working on Watch the Throne with Kanye West.

Jay said he and Kanye agreed that after they did the album together, they'd start working on their new solo albums. Jay made those two tracks and played them for Kanye, which instigated a four-day argument about if they should've been on WTT or held for MCHG:

"[There were] no lyrics on 'Holy Grail' and I recorded 'Oceans' and I played those records for Kanye. And he was like, 'No those have to go on Watch the Throne,' so we spent four days arguing about those records and I was explaining to him why it wasn't right for this project and I had a whole idea for making this album called Magna Carta... Holy Grail [part of] the name came after."

Jay also explained that the arguing was civil. "Four days literally arguing... not like fighting. Well, there was some pushing at one point but not between us, just everyone else got a little excited."

IrishNinja

my ringtone's some nujabes shit, i only do instrumentals so some grimy shit dont come up when a friend calls outta nowhere and im on duty or some shit

anyone catch EVO tonight? shit was crazy

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
my ringtone's some nujabes shit, i only do instrumentals so some grimy shit dont come up when a friend calls outta nowhere and im on duty or some shit

anyone catch EVO tonight? shit was crazy
The best part of EVO?

One of the biggest "losers" (in terms of losing money on bets lost) on SaltyBet during the tournament was "jcole." Lmao he was on the Top 5 list of losers the entire weekend. Let Nas Down jokes were made in the thread :lol

I wish I had a screencap, but I'm not willing to hunt in the 12+ hour archives to find it. But really EVO was fucking incredible. It always is every year, and it just gets better and better.

iavi

Can I buy a Jay-free version of MCHG somewhere? These beats are top-tier, but hov's talk has devolved past trash.

IrishNinja

The best part of EVO?

One of the biggest "losers" (in terms of losing money on bets lost) on SaltyBet during the tournament was "jcole." Lmao he was on the Top 5 list of losers the entire weekend. Let Nas Down jokes were made in the thread :lol

I wish I had a screencap, but I'm not willing to hunt in the 12+ hour archives to find it. But really EVO was fucking incredible. It always is every year, and it just gets better and better.

goddamn...i casually watched EVO highlights before, im not sleepin after this last one, shit was indeed hype. and that's amazing, i knew there had to be betting but hadn't seen the spot...perfect name for that dude too, haha

The hype was real from what I've seen in the EVO streams. Waka Flocker Flame.

he lives like 15 minutes south of my old neighborhood, kid apparently hangs with my girl's brothers (theyre active in the FGC down here), suppoed to be a real cool dude too. now i gotta front like i knew/rooted for him since way back, hahaha

ps Balrog choking was my worst upset...thought he had it too, fuckin oil

HiiiLife

Smash was the most hyped. Kof next. You heard it here first.

This x9000. I never played games competitively, but yo. I would've been heated if my opponent was guarding the ledge tighter than a nuns vagina. Prolly would've stole his ass. Lol.

he lives like 15 minutes south of my old neighborhood, kid apparently hangs with my girl's brothers (theyre active in the FGC down here), suppoed to be a real cool dude too. now i gotta front like i knew/rooted for him since way back, hahaha

ps Balrog choking was my worst upset...thought he had it too, fuckin oil

Ride dem coat tails fam. MOUNT UP. *regulator voice*

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
hey does anyone know if there a site that catalog's rappers features? like I want to find some old smoke dza and spitta tracks i lost and I know they were featured on the songs and that all I remember....

Dabanton

Can I buy a Jay-free version of MCHG somewhere? These beats are top-tier, but hov's talk has devolved past trash.

This.

I had the 'pleasure' of finally listening to it yesterday and man oh man what hot poo poo. The beats are fire though.

Jay has been coasting since he came back out of 'retirement'.

J10

Banned
I started listening to Gemstones recently on recommendation from an associate. Actually hearing him improve over the course of his projects has been pretty startling. Usually rappers start off wack and stay wack, or they start off dope and eventually become wack after complacency settles in. But he actually starts off wack and graduates to legitimately dope. There's a really drastic jump in quality in his last two projects, both in technical ability and choice of subject matter. He's a terrible singer though.

Cudder

Danny Brown on Old

"It's pretty much all done," the Detroit native says from his house on a rare day off from performing. "I just have anxiety -- I'm just nervous about it."

But what will it sound like? "I can't really say what it focuses on, because I don't really know what it focuses on," Brown says earnestly. "I didn't focus on anything -- I just let it write itself. The more I listen to it, it's just like, 'Damn!' It's almost like I didn't really do this shit. It came from a higher power, and as I'm listening to it now, I'm starting to hear things that I didn't even know."

Is it good, at least? "I'm starting to like it more and more, like a normal listener," he offers. "The first time I listened to it I had a lot of complaints, but I knew that it was the project that I wanted to release, just feeling-wise, not listening-wise. Just doing things with my heart instead of than my brain and my ears."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom