• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite freestyles

DJ Clue ft Mase, Nore, Camron and Tragedy Khadefi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beHuD0oRBWk

Cam got everyone

ahh, fuck it, the rest are all just Sean Price going off

Heltah Skeltah in Amsterdam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d_LcYJA3Ag

Buckshot, Sean Price and Joe Budden on Hot 97

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isKLNlim8R0

Freestyle on B-Side Radio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKQt7IbFlmI

Industry Shakedown with Timeless Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ9Es57o0rY

D&D Freestyle with Afu Ra, Agallah & Craig G

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-an_9opDcDI

mooooose

Damn those Q vids of him performing Gangsta Gangsta. C'mon and drop Oxymoron alreadyyyyyyyyy.

AGREED. anyone bugging about q not making a proper sequel to hnc needs to just take a listen to that and all fears can be subsided.

gangsta + man of the year + yay yay make up for the sins that are collard greens and hell of a night (his horrible attempts at singles)

Cudder

AGREED. anyone bugging about q not making a proper sequel to hnc needs to just take a listen to that and all fears can be subsided.

gangsta + man of the year + yay yay make up for the sins that are collard greens and hell of a night (his horrible attempts at singles)

have a feeling Q himself will never break into the mainstream like kendrick has. i think the only way he'll get radio play is if he has a verse on a super hot Rocky song (see Hands on the Wheel)

DominoKid

this Rich Gang album reminds me that Busta Rhymes, Limp Bizkit, Mystikal & Lil Bow Wow are signed to Cash Money.

and for some reason Stevie J is on this album.

if nothing else i'll keep this extra Tapout intro. rest of this shit is probably destined for the bushes.

hubes

I like collard greens the most out of his new songs. might even like it more than anything on hnc

CRS

Mac with the AOTY. It's reminding me a lot of CuDi's Man on the Moon which I also love. (Insert 'Both are shit' comments here)

Even though it's not as consistently dark as MotM, Watching Movies still has that somber tone that's resonating with me. I keep going back to it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
6/16 in the bushes aint so bad. i can ride around to this. Mystikal is still hilariously entertaining.

tumblr_inline_mq5qnlSoyn1qz4rgp.gif

Young Thug has another project coming out, right? "1017 Finally Home" but I don't think there's a date yet. I'm way too excited, though, I've listened to 1017 Young Thug way too much since it came out

Tokubetsu

Mac with the AOTY. It's reminding me a lot of CuDi's Man on the Moon which I also love. (Insert 'Both are shit' comments here)

Even though it's not as consistently dark as MotM, Watching Movies still has that somber tone that's resonating with me. I keep going back to it.

I can see it. When he's not making partyish tracks he gets a bit serious. Much like Cudi's debut.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Watching hustle and flow. Hadn't seen it in a bit. This movie's great.
Forgot how great actually.

It's on Netflix yo. Watch it.

The girl from orange in black is in this. Hadn't noticed lol

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Yeah hustle and flow is awesome. I remember being impressed with Luda being willing to portray a fake ass rapper.
It's too bad Terrance Howard is such a fuckhead.

overcast

Collard Greens is so good though. Matter of fact I like every track you named, though Hell of a Night is the weakest.

siddx

I'm trying to do the same thing with Q as I did with Kendrick and not listen to anything from the album. All I've heard is Collard Greens, which is excellent.

DominoKid

Q would do very well to keep all those tracks off the album except for Yay Yay.

edit: it's probably too late for this album, but Drake should go holler at the George half of AlunaGeorge for some beats for album 4. or at least hop on a remix of one of these tracks like he did for SBTRKT.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't like Gangsta but everything else Q has put out this year has been fire.

Still on track to contest Yeezus as AOTY.

HiiiLife

I don't exactly hate Collard Greens, I think it's a grower. So far everything Q has dropped has been tolerable-dope IMO. That's good enough for me. I cannot wait for this album. Shits gonna knock in the rides.

siddx

I can't even understand how someone can hate collard greens. Unless your uncle diddled you with a plate of collard greens resting on his beer belly or something and now every time you are reminded of collard greens you shit yourself and cry. Cause the song is dope as fuck.

siddx

Only track I listen to still is Goosebumbz. Most of the album is just background noise to me. It's better than I would have expected from him, and I can't fault anyone for liking it, but Mac is just forgettable to me. The production is on another level and it's like when you see a fine ass 9/10 girl hanging out with a 6/10. At other times you might look at the 6 and think "eh why not, she's not that bad and I might enjoy myself." But around that 9 you don't even remember what she fucking looked like.

Tokubetsu

Can someone link me to this young thug tape?

Not gonna lie. If I don't cry/breakdown the first time I hear this Jay Electronica tape it will have failed. Just like how if Detox doesn't give me a transcendental experience it will have failed. Detox needs to make me leave my body and peer behind the cosmic curtain of the universe.

CRS

Only track I listen to still is Goosebumbz. Most of the album is just background noise to me. It's better than I would have expected from him, and I can't fault anyone for liking it, but Mac is just forgettable to me. The production is on another level and it's like when you see a fine ass 9/10 girl hanging out with a 6/10. At other times you might look at the 6 and think "eh why not, she's not that bad and I might enjoy myself." But around that 9 you don't even remember what she fucking looked like.

In Watching Movies case, I'm taking both and having an amazing time while all my senses overload.

caesar

Banned
I can't even understand how someone can hate collard greens. Unless your uncle diddled you with a plate of collard greens resting on his beer belly or something and now every time you are reminded of collard greens you shit yourself and cry. Cause the song is dope as fuck.

I agree, the beat just bops.

Esch

Banned
Damn so spot on wheeeeeew

CRS

I don't care for the first two bonus tracks at all, including Goosebumpz. Claymation isn't as bad but doesn't fit anywhere on the album since Youforia is a such a great finale.

Why I compare it to Man on the Moon is that I'm not looking for a lyrical savant on either album. Both artists go well with the production on their respective albums and it's a bonus that they're tolerable lyricists.

SadAli

Neo Member
he actually physically died and jazz wears his skin, pretty standard advanced hand ninja/illuminati magics really

Works for me. Would also explain the dropping of the dash - only a y away now. Though I was personally hoping the loss of the dash would mean a return of the umlaut.

People not enjoying XXX saddens me, the run of songs from DNA onwards is probably the best themed collection of songs on a rap album in years. And then it's topped off by the 30 which is just one of the best things in rap for years.

Kind of taken aback by how much I'm enjoying Ka's new album. Really didn't expect it to do much for me at all but it's been on repeat the last day or so.

mooooose

Because Q's verses are boring, it sounds poppy, and the chorus is stupid. It sounds like a kendrick b side with a really good kendrick verse and beat.

Even the beat sounds like a kendrick beat. The stupid chorus too. Kendrick could've pulls it off.

It has nothing that I like about q. No 50 cent rip or Nicki rip. just kendrick.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm trying to do the same thing with Q as I did with Kendrick and not listen to anything from the album. All I've heard is Collard Greens, which is excellent.

Same. I didn't even know Q when I got HnC except for Black Lipped Bastard. It blew me away. Hoping for the same thing off Oxymoron.

Y'all already know how I feel about Collard Greens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom