• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

When Danny described XXX he said it started off hilarious and slowly descended into a sort of dark hysteria. I get the feeling Old wont be as multifaceted.

HiiiLife

Favorite freestyle? I'm not sure if they had multiple but it's gotta be one of the Big L x Jay-Z freestyles. Jay-Z, not to be confused with hyphenless Jay Z.

Jitters

What if In Rainbows is your favorite?

Are there any fans of Danny's The Hybrid? I didn't hear it until after I heard XXX, and I didn't enjoy it as much. Its not bad though.

Esch

Banned
Watching Supernatural freestyle at Rock the Bells was amazing. He fucking blew the crowd away, straight up stole the show.

A lot of the dudes who can't really put together great studio shit drop some pretty heat freestyles, kinda makes sense when you think about it. I also find that a lot of the best studio guys kinda come weak off the dome or in freestyles (Nas for example). Kinda explains why very few emcees that are tops in battling have good discogs.

Actually looking at you and coldvein on the same page i gotta admit a lot of the Def Jux dudes are good freestylers, Eyedea for example.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
My favorite freestyle is probably Method Man on Rap City in like 1996. It's just everything that was sick about Hip-Hop at the time. Shout out to Joe Clair.

Another one of my top spits is Cam'ron over Lyrical Exercise.

DMX Noreaga Canibus go in for 41

i dont like nore or can but this is a legendary freestyle imho

I remember when this shit first came out I played the cassette at lunch time had ninjas wildin like:

SWAG_OD.gif~original

DMX @ 5:50 and Canibus @ 8:35 OMGGGGGGG

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
A lot of the dudes who can't really put together great studio shit drop some pretty heat freestyles, kinda makes sense when you think about it. I also find that a lot of the best studio guys kinda come weak off the dome or in freestyles (Nas for example). Kinda explains why very few emcees that are tops in battling have good discogs.

Actually looking at you and coldvein on the same page i gotta admit a lot of the Def Jux dudes are good freestylers, Eyedea for example.

Eyedea was amazing RIP

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Eeeeeh I can't speak for their whole discography, but OK Computer -> Kid A -> Amnesiac is a great run. Outstanding actually.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Am I the only 1 who finds the Ace Hood song Before the Rollie song to be ironic?

HiResDes

What if In Rainbows is your favorite?

Are there any fans of Danny's The Hybrid? I didn't hear it until after I heard XXX, and I didn't enjoy it as much. Its not bad though.

Big fan.... Early Sonic Youth is fucking amazing and overall the band sports a much more varied discography in comparison to the often one-note Melvins.

Only song I would consider skipping on XXX is detroit 187 and even then I wouldn't. It's a near perf album in my mind.

db said he was going to treat Old like a record, with different sides again and stuff.

Esch

Banned
Big fan.... Early Sonic Youth is fucking amazing and overall the band sports a much more varied discography in comparison to the often one-note Melvins.

Varied discographies are nice (you know i'm a big Boris fan for example) but i straight up hate that no wave shyt.The early stuff is raw though, but i'd rather just listen to some grind or something idk.

fKGEDPR.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Why is it ironic?

Dude dropped that shit, and probably recorded it too, after the incident.

Doubt he would make a song about a Rollie after the BET noise

And double doubt Meek Mill would agree to a feature

Been listening to a lot of 90s shit again and I think radiohead is my least favorite of the bands being discussed

Sonic Youth was pretty awesome in retrospect though

Detroit 187 holy shit that feature verse sucks. It's almost as bad as ASAP Eli porter on ghetto symphony

Esch

Banned
wrote that big ass motherfuckin post about what freestyles i like and only K Jack, Des, and siddx hit me back
deadmanny.png

from now on yall getting just one liners and obtuse trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom