• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I browse this topic quite often but I don't really post all that much since it's hard to keep up with all these releases. Shuffling through my music and came across an album I haven't listened to in a long time. I'm sure some other users here have heard this album. Nothing to special except I love the production. K-Def and Marley Marl handled the majority of it.

E6A95578416F8817A3E99E6B25D990.jpg

Mad Props
Illy Filly Funk
Hip Hop Ride

codhand

OH Enzo's from UK, so that's why he spells all the rapper names out. ;)

marley marl production always makes for good albums, the first Youngstas is even crazier, Marley, Pete Rock, Buckwild, Premo etc....

Illegal's first album was deec too...

CRS

Not reading that Eminem thread anymore. Every time a new one pops up I tell myself I won't fall for it but still do.

Esch

Banned
i didnt click on that cause that guy said God's Son was the 2nd best Nas album in here. i expect him to have every bad opinion in the universe

Detox

Marley's production has always been on point, that boom bap is crazy, his breakbeat (is this the right term?) are always dope. I've also noticed Quik breakbeats are crisp, right up there with the best from the east.

It's colour and has always been that way, somebody fucked up the American dictionary.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Not reading that Eminem thread anymore. Every time a new one pops up I tell myself I won't fall for it but still do.

I got 3 posts in and punched a stranger in face. Anytime hip hop comes up on gad outside this thread its a complete carnival of fuckery.

Eminem threads are like "Unpopular opinion" threads on gaming side, and in OT about movies and stuff. I always tell myself I won't click them, then I click them anyway and end up exiting the thread frustrated and annoyed by the terrible opinions.

I don't know why I do that to myself.

codhand

problem with colour, is it's impossible for me to say it in my head without it rhymin with couture, or velour, or allure etc and it's not co-lure, it's culler, gad damn knit

siddx

Why would you want to add extra letters to words. Less letters the better. It's like you silly brits adding an extra syllable to aluminum. Why make the word harder and longer to say. Keep it simple damnit.

siddx

I wont argue there. Metric system is far better. I wish I hadn't been taught US standard growing up since it's hard for me to switch over in my head despite living in a country that uses metric and knowing how much more logical and sane it is.

But the goddamn brits have a weird fetish for making language way complicated and weird than it has to be.

OT hip hop threads have too much gaf hop trolling in them. Most people are in on the joke and it's hard to separate the trolls from terrible opinions.

siddx

Well anything is better than Vietnamese, where nothing sounds the way it's written and changing your inflection even slightly means you are saying something completely different.
"Can I have some com?" "What?" "Com." "What?" "Com." "What?" "Com.""What?" "Com.""What?" "Com.""What?" "Com.""What?" *points at rice* THAT! "oooh you mean com." "BITCH THATS WHAT I SAID"

CRS

Rawhyde. :wow:

Jeremiah Jae just went SSJ4. Ran the entire album through the headphones and holy shit.

The second half of the Outro is surreal but the star is Purple Moonshine, Pt 1. Track of the year and that sample is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

A lot of his hooks are simple. His delivery and charisma make them good.

i really like the druggys wit hoes hooks, but i think gangsta and yay yay really suffer from the simplicity. it's like some of KRIT's hooks.

man of the year is gonna bang though. should have dumped collard greens and released that as a single.

I browse this topic quite often but I don't really post all that much since it's hard to keep up with all these releases. Shuffling through my music and came across an album I haven't listened to in a long time. I'm sure some other users here have heard this album. Nothing to special except I love the production. K-Def and Marley Marl handled the majority of it.

Mad Props
Illy Filly Funk
Hip Hop Ride

I never heard this album (I should change that), but I always loved this track. so dope:

Mobb Deep & Da Youngsta's - Bloodshed and War

edit: I'm in Toronto, so I spell it as colour too. fuck y'all haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaters.

mooooose

There He Go was more complex than Yay Yay?

"Weed and brews, weed and brews, life for me is just weed and brews"?

"My hatin joint, my hatin joint, my haint joint, too much gangsta in my lungs for me to hit a joint"

"Imma sext that ass, imma sext that ass, imma sext that ass, all night long we sextin sextin"

"figg get it, figg get it figg get it, figg get it, figg get it figg get it"

when you spell them out they all sound like crap. but when you listen to them i think yay yay and gangsta are the weakest.

there he go was catchy as fuck. (need cdq of gangsta though, verses sound fun)

or posting like this
beetle-juice-beetlejuice-lydia-lydia-deetz-winona-ryder-Favim.com-65551.jpg

my first waifu

Krit's hooks dont suffer from simplicity, they suffer from stupidity.

i'm just a country country boy with some candy paint swangin rims jackin country country boy etc. lol

yo that song preview with trinidad james on krit's mixtape sounded nice though. he needs to release the whole song.

Esch

Banned
not gonna lie guys Crown still my song of the year probs

still need to cop that Travis mixtape if even a couple of his beats are this quality. I heard Quintana and thought it was silly tho

oh shit yeah my bad. it's called just last week.

and @esch if you didn't like quintana i dunno if you'll vibe with the rest of that tape. maybe check out upper echelon too.

Esch

Banned
relistening to quintana and enjoying it but i am a little drunk, his rapping is kinda like a weird ye/cudi mix tho
nPG1h.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom