• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I was that kid showing Dance with the Devil off to all of my friends when I was a freshman in high school. I used to be really big into Revolutionary Vol 1&2 as well.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Haha I was that kid showing Dance with the Devil off to all of my friends when I was a freshman in high school. I used to be really big into Revolutionary Vol 1&2 as well.

I never listened to a whole IT album. Just Dance with the devil and you never know. Maybe one day...

Shoutouts to Eschaton for putting me onto the Danny Brown XXX intro. The rest of the album is garbage but that intro is straight fucking fire. I listen to it at least once a day when I'm driving to school. Frank Dukes is a really really good producer

Esch

Banned
Shit is kufi smack worthy. Definitely some shit that I shook my head at a little bit. That and playing any number of Eminem tracks where he raps about his family. Scust

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Shoutouts to Eschaton for putting me onto the Danny Brown XXX intro. The rest of the album is garbage but that intro is straight fucking fire. I listen to it at least once a day when I'm driving to school. Frank Dukes is a really really good producer

What kinda shit you tryna start in here son?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Watching Ace Hood on Breafast club just like Tyga he says he never got a cheque from YMCMB, Baby hustling hard.
This shit is so SMH worthy.

Baby taking a cut from artists under the guise that they're independent.

Nah, the last song is good too.

the fuck

This literally makes no sense considering there are multiple tracks in line with the intro lol

Shit is kufi smack worthy. Definitely some shit that I should shook my head at a little bit. That and playing any number of Eminem tracks where he raps about his family. Scust
No I definitely agree. And XXX is fantastic. Danny Brown uses his voice in a really creative way and creates an album that culminates in one of the best closing tracks I have ever heard. Additionally that closing track would not have been as great without the piece of work that precedes it.

You have Danny Brown's introduction–>party lifestyle-> some jabs at current hip hop–>the crash–>introspective songs–>and finally the mashing of the entire album in one song, being XXX.

I can go on and on about it.

Cudder

I wouldn't call the rest of the tracks garbage, but none of the other tracks got as much play for me as the intro.

OLD gonna be better than XXX

Esch

Banned
I wouldn't call the rest of the tracks garbage, but none of the other tracks got as much play for me as the intro.

OLD gonna be better than XXX

whoa.png
lets not say things in haste friend

overcast

Playing I Will in the car with the gf is gold, though.
I'll second this. I used to play that with my ex all the time. Her face when I showed her that track was gold.

There's no use comparing Old and XXX. Dope song and Kush Coma are the only tracks we've really heard. XXX was great though, so we'll see.

So I gotta ask GAF, Bone Thugs vs Wu Tang?

I enjoy them both but I have sentimental reasons for picking Bone. Damn I still remember when I was young and would cruise around Samoa with my uncles. E. 1999 Eternal in the deck. Just cruising the island. Definitely fans of Bone Thugs.

Bone Thugs> Wu

DominoKid

shits a little scary actually. i have no idea what happened between the two of them but it makes Jay look like Shang Tsung. stealing peoples souls out here and shit.

i know for Timbo & Hov it was about a bunch of BP3 tracks leaking from Timbo's camp. he talks about it in one of those BBC interviews.

w/ Keri it was just a throwaway line that folks took as a diss to Beyonce.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
i know for Timbo & Hov it was about a bunch of BP3 tracks leaking from Timbo's camp. he talks about it in one of those BBC interviews.

w/ Keri it was just a throwaway line that folks took as a diss to Beyonce.

And yet Chris Brown still has a career. Don't get too illuminati about it folks

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I have faith in Old surpassing XXX. Danny has not put out an album which wasn't clearly superior to his previous work.

edit: Lie4 is so good. It's the anthem of every hood in America.

Esch

Banned
yo so what are everyone's favorite freestyles? We never talk this shit....

Royce and Em go in for 12 minutes

i dont like either of these cats but goddamn they brought it with this, even kamspy couldn't hate on this.

Craig Mack, Puffy, Biggie on Westwood

legendary. love this beat too. i dont know why so many people hate puff on the mic, he had some moments.

Wu on Stretch and Bobbito

killed it.

Jay eating up pump it up.
you already know. kills me that this is on 2k13

G Rap and MF Grimm go over Incarcerated Scarfaces on Stretch and Bobbito

wheeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww

Big KRIT Exhibit K

i have a real soft spot in my heart for this junt. Lots of people went in over Exhibit A, but Krizzle went in on some soulful, beautiful shit. If you ask me, I like this almost as much as the original which we know is legendary.

Roc A Fella Hot 97 Takeover freestyle

41 minutes of prime Roc bringing mic heat. Freeway blessed this actually.

big L 98 freestyle

shit was so dope they threw it on TBP. feels kinda weird on that album tho...

DMX Noreaga Canibus go in for 41

i dont like nore or can but this is a legendary freestyle imho

Children of the Corn on Stretch and Bobbito

the weirdest group in hip hop history poops on a beat for 12.

THE GOAT:

Big L Jay 7 minute freestyle

I think freestyles are best in pairs. If you wanna have people go in for any long period of time, it's nice to have people trade off each other.... And this shit is chemistry on wax. I wish L and Jay would have had more time to record together.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
really tho Supernatural has a lot of the goat freestyles. I just dont like him.

Watching Supernatural freestyle at Rock the Bells was amazing. He fucking blew the crowd away, straight up stole the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom