• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Given all the pill-rap Pitchfork cosigns I can't take this shit seriously. Either have a consistent standard or get off the high horse.

I can enjoy ignorant misogynist/drug/etc rap while not liking rape-rap like UOENO.

im sure theres a danny brown date rape line or four out there.

Grzi

ESGN

9otl5z6.gif

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pretty sure i just had a thread get bodied in OT. It's not locked and its also not visible. Anyone ever had this happen before?

It was a thread about artists giving lapdances to their fans. It's just gone. Can't find it anywhere.

DominoKid

Given all the pill-rap Pitchfork cosigns I can't take this shit seriously. Either have a consistent standard or get off the high horse.

I can enjoy ignorant misogynist/drug/etc rap while not liking rape-rap like UOENO.

does it make me a terrible person if the rape rap one is my favorite?

but then again i'm 110% in the "its just entertainment, its not that serious" camp.

Going on a 3 hour trip up to a cottage with some friends this weekend.

They asked me for ratchet music, so I'm just gonna download a bunch of ace's mixes.

Can you guys tell me some really good party songs? Lol I have some already just not enough of it really.

Stuff like Bands a make her dance and shit like that

Pitchfork isn't a person. That's on their editors for letting this dude put his personal beliefs in his review then again they don't really seem to want there to be a single set of tastes that represent their site.

And you probably shouldn't compare drug use with rape, they do enjoy their grimey sexist rap tho for sure.

effzee

I guess I'm in the minority in thinking Yeezus is terrible. I like 3 songs.

everything else on it can die

Same here. Maybe not terrible but not the monumental game changer some hear it as.

Best part of Yeezus is that it is only 10 tracks long. Hopefully starts a trend towards tighter, more focused projects. More albums should strive for that Illmatic length.

Its funny how when his last album was a mess of self masturbatory 6-8 min long songs people didn't mind that. I think for some people Kanye has reached a level where he can do no wrong.

DominoKid

Same here. Maybe not terrible but not the monumental game changer some hear it as.

Its funny how when his last album was a mess of self masturbatory 6-8 min long songs people didn't mind that. I think for some people Kanye has reached a level where he can do no wrong.

when you never let the people down you can get away w/ it. Kanye's the only rapper since Outkast (up until Idlewild when they finally let us down) that has earned that level of goodwill.

the only egregious violation was that 9 min Runaway and I just switched that out for the 5 min one.

Novid

Banned
Shit's lame as fuck. Obviously the UOENO shit was creepy and weird but cmon. It's art/entertainment.

Every journalist in the world nowadays is trying to talk about their values and all that bs. Nobody gives a fuck.

you can blame dubya for that.

DominoKid

given that it's Complex i'm surprised Graduation isn't #1. they fucking love that album.

i'm not surprised LR is so low for them though. it tends to be one of the least favorites when i talk to people IRL about Kanye

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
given that it's Complex i'm surprised Graduation isn't #1. they fucking love that album.

i'm not surprised LR is so low for them though. it tends to be one of the least favorites when i talk to people IRL about Kanye
Also they were I think the only media outlet allowed to sit in during the MBDTF sessions in Hawaii.

Detox

Gibbs is aight, 3 mics. Would make a solid EP but there's too much garbage between Gibbs trying to imitate Future and wack features. Gibbs occasionally does his thing but it gets tiring no real standout 16 or song. Disappointed with this just like Patriarch II.

Jitters

Killin' Yall is one of the few good tracks.

That, Thought about You, and Fantoms.

Miller is pretty entertaining on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom