• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

How's that Freddie Gibbs? My headphones broke so I can't listen to it while I am at work :(

I loved it.I'd say it's his best work since Midwestgangstaboxframecadillacmuzik.

There's some questionable features, and it could have been trimmed down a little bit, but that's not a huge problem.

caesar

Banned
I'm not sure why this P4K cat took the Saaab Stories review as a way to vent about the ills of the current rap landscape but whatever...

motherfuckers are sensitive as fuck these days.

weirdest thing is he calls bronson's rapping skills prodigious, guy has barely evolved at all imo. not that i dont like him.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeezus is not a good album

Has a couple good songs

Which is better than MdjtjmdjhtmdF

But not the business

Shame that the industry won't give it the ratings it deserves

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I'm not sure why this P4K cat took the Saaab Stories review as a way to vent about the ills of the current rap landscape but whatever...

motherfuckers are sensitive as fuck these days.

Motherfuckers need to keep that feminist theory shit away from rap.

Cudder

holy shit Charlamagne still ragging on MGK for spitting on the breakfast club lmaoo
KuGsj.gif

Jitters

Gibbs is aight, 3 mics. Would make a solid EP but there's too much garbage between Gibbs trying to imitate Future and wack features. Gibbs occasionally does his thing but it gets tiring no real standout 16 or song. Disappointed with this just like Patriarch II.

I'm with you on this. I loved BFK, so I'm pretty disappointed.

I would give it lower than a 3 though. Bad definitely outweighs the good, to me.

HiResDes

I'm with you on this. I loved BFK, so I'm pretty disappointed.

I would give it lower than a 3 though. Bad definitely outweighs the good, to me.

On way I loved BFK so this impression bums me out, but on the other hand theirs the Jitter's factor.

Edit: MBDTF is merely okay to me.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
On way I loved BFK so this impression bums me out, but on the other hand theirs the Jitter's factor.

Edit: MBDTF is merely okay to me.
I'm not saying its perfect.

I don't think Yeezus is better than it though. And I like yeezus.

cdyhybrid

I dunno if I'd say people hate it, just that a lot of people here don't think it's his best album and the best thing to ever happen to music.

Jitters

you like vampire weekend.
And they made one of the best pop albums in recent memory.Kitty is one of the most fun and original rappers around. Much more entertaining the Gibbs is now.

ESGN just feel so boring compared to BFK. I played the hell out of some of the tracks BFK last year, and still do, I don't see myself doing that with anything on here.

Jitters

Not even with songs like f.a.m.e., eastside moonwalker & styrofoam?
Maybe those 3. There might have been 1 more, but I forgot the name.

Top 5 worthy of the last 6 years

No doubt.

I don't understand how people can dislike Vampire Weekend and like something like French Montana and Alley Boy. It really blows my mind. But it is a hip hop thread so maybe the people in it are more inclined to like hip hop.

thabiz

anyone that rips bongs, needs a carbon filter. my lungs thank me every morning. add a perc and youre in heaven. best purchases ever.

DominoKid

Maybe those 3. There might have been 1 more, but I forgot the name.

No doubt.

I don't understand how people can dislike Vampire Weekend and like something like French Montana and Alley Boy.
It really blows my mind. But it is a hip hop thread so maybe the people in it are more inclined to like hip hop.

lol...

i like both.

but that's fucking funny.

i wouldn't say VW is top anything though. shit is coffee house/bookstore music. then again i also think Modern Vampires is the worst of their 3 releases.

Jitters

Sorry but thats nausea inducing, top five what?

And what is this comparion of VW to trap music?

I'm not really comparing them. Its just if some said they considered that stuff good and VW bad, I would be like, thats weird. Thats all I mean.

I didn't say it was ground breaking. I said it was one of the best pop albums.Which it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom