• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've warmed up on Kevin Hart a lot. I mean back in like 09 my homies used to always talk about dudes stand up and I wasn't really feeling him honestly, but I can't even hate on him. He puts the work in and plus Real Husbands of Hollywood was quite a surprise. Pretty decent show

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't understand Kevin Hart. Everything I've heard from dude is super derivative or bathed in this super cheesy delivery.

iavi

Kevin Hart seems to be catching a lot of shine lately, but I've never been the biggest fan. I've heard some of dudes stuff, and it was funny, but nothing that made me hunt down more material.

Kevin Hart seems to be catching a lot of shine lately, but I've never been the biggest fan. I've heard some of dudes stuff, and it was funny, but nothing that made me hunt down more material.

Perfect time and place. Back when he first started getting shine there was really no other huge black comedians. Katt Williams was on his downfall and disappearing, Dave Chappelle was somewhere in africa, etc etc. He really has took that to his advantage like crazy

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
what is there to understand
Ninjas saying he's the next Chappelle or Pryor.

Though I guess people just need someone to pin that on kinda like they did with Katt (who wasn't deserving of that either, even though he was 10x funnier than Hart).

That was why I didn't like him at first either but eh I've learned how to stop other people hyping something up messing with how I personally feel about something. I mean he ain't great, but he has his moments. He ain't offensive to me basically

HiResDes

Katt wasn't funnier, they are both middling, and rely on overly animated outbursts utilizing their short stature for comedical purposes. They get shine basically because they are willing to soft shoe in black face and fill the much needed void of the unintimidating yet seemingly abrasive black men in entertainment.

iavi

I wish there was a bit more dynamism to Born Sinner, and these skits are grating, but the album has been solid so far--safe, but really solid.

I simply watched a random Kevin Hart set on comedy Central and laughed throughout with no expectations. His uncle and family stories are great.

Esch

Banned
Katt wasn't funnier, they are both middling, and rely on overly animated outbursts utilizing their short stature for comedical purposes. They get shine basically because they are willing to soft shoe in black face and fill the much needed void of the unintimidating yet seemingly abrasive black men in entertainment.

Accusations of tapdancing aside, Katt just annoys me, his whole steez. So you're a little whiny pimp-in-a-box? I can't really fuck with his compulsion to do some motivational preacher type shit in between all his jokes "you know what you need to do with yo muthafuckin life" blah blah blah. I'm just here for the jokes fam

DominoKid

Katt was funny as shit but he's purely black humor. He had a limited shelf life from the get-go and him being batshit insane accelerated that.

Kevin is funny as shit. He aint the next Dave but he's my favorite since. Not to mention he's far more professional, sane and grounded than either Dave or Katt and that gets him a long way with white people. I mean the dude is one of a handful of standups to ever sell out MSG. That's big shit.

Got this:

29rpb5l.jpg

I'm gonna give in and get this.

You have a link to your Q1 thread?

IrishNinja

miami's goin crazy right now, as expected

Got this:

29rpb5l.jpg

ima have to check this shit out, gotta know ace is all over it too haha

My dentist is a Wu Tang stan

man my dentist is cool but not this cool

Ninjas saying he's the next Chappelle or Pryor.

i can fuck with kat or hart in small doses (not for a full show) but anyone saying that needs to get the fuckouttahere

closest ive seen to that tier was patrice o'neal (RIP)

DominoKid

Patrice would never do what had to be done to get "over" to be the next Chappelle/Pryor. He wasn't about playing the game at all. I hate that he died right off of his biggest show.

IrishNinja

Patrice would never do what had to be done to get "over" to be the next Chappelle/Pryor. He wasn't about playing the game at all. I hate that he died right off of his biggest show.

this is also very very true...i got into him like a little bit before he died, and was exploring his shit on that radio show he frequented, shit was amazing but yeah he never really played along...kinda reminds me of bill hicks in that way. shit he did with louis CK was usually golden too.

were a lot've his pre-"elephant in the room" shows recorded? can't find them many places

DominoKid

this is also very very true...i got into him like a little bit before he died, and was exploring his shit on that radio show he frequented, shit was amazing but yeah he never really played along...kinda reminds me of bill hicks in that way. shit he did with louis CK was usually golden too.

were a lot've his pre-"elephant in the room" shows recorded? can't find them many places

i don't think they were.

i mainly knew of him from his Black Philip radio show and from when he was on Tough Crowd.

iavi

a 6 is about what I'd give it so far. I was just under half-way through and had to stop, I was getting so bored. Nothing offensively bad, nothing amazingly great, all shit that's just kinda there. 21 tracks, no thank you.

Aside from Rich Niggaz, that shit's dope.

Jay Sosa

a 6 is about what I'd give it so far. I was just under half-way through and had to stop, I was getting so bored. Nothing offensively bad, nothing amazingly great, all shit that's just kinda there. 21 tracks, no thank you.

Aside from Rich Niggaz, that shit's dope.

21 tracks? Maybe an homage to NL?

If it's anything like that tape he released just before the album release I understand all the the disappointment. It's all over the place like so many stuff these days (meaning no clear direction or sound).

Aaaanyway, I know I'm very late but I just discovered Acid Rap by Chance. Once I got over the fact that he kinda sounds like Wayne it's a very decent record, especially considering it's free.

ESGN goes

It's not as instantly infectious as some of the tracks on BFK, but man it's quality all the way through unlike BFK which was lacking a little in the 2nd half. It's too bad Gibbs will eventually be on an island due to his bridge burning, but the album didn't suffer for it.

#Can'tRelateMuzik
#PlayItOn11

Jay Sosa

ESGN goes

It's not as instantly infectious as some of the tracks on BFK, but man it's quality all the way through unlike BFK which was lacking a little in the 2nd half. It's too bad Gibbs will eventually be on an island due to his bridge burning, but the album didn't suffer for it.

#Can'tRelateMuzik
#PlayItOn11

wait..new gibbs? wohooo

second half had that Z-ro track, the best on the entire tape.

Man an entire Ro/gibbs tape would be great.

and where the fuck is my ruher vandross album Mr. McVey?

wait..new gibbs? wohooo

second half had that Z-ro track, the best on the entire tape.

Man an entire Ro/gibbs tape would be great.

I'm not saying there was nothing good on the 2nd half, but I've preferred the 1st half from day 1.

ESGN sounds more balanced after 2 listens.

Detox

That shit burns Cole he strikes me as the type that cares more about being critically acclaimed than sales. The desperation to be a legend even if it is just in the underground is palpable and it just makes it easier to clown him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom