• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
beer confessionals
No shame up in my game. I prefer mid low tier shit like Blue Moon honestly. Im not a beer snob by any means, I just dont like the beverage that much cause it makes me bloaty.

It's hard to be a beer snob when whisky is just so fucking beautiful

Macca

No shame up in my game. I prefer mid low tier shit like Blue Moon honestly. Im not a beer snob by any means, I just dont like the beverage that much cause it makes me bloaty.

Yessir. Whiskey is where it's at.

Absolutely. I love chilling with a beer if we're in the pub or out in the sun or whatever. But if Im getting drunk or at a party Im going with spirits the whole way (Vodka/Cognac/Whiskey)

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Woooo! Saw Apathy and Celph Titled last Thursday
Barring the fact that there were FAR too many opening acts, the show was fucking awesome, they were great. Apathy fucking murdered it, I was pretty impressed. Super high energy and a good mix of AOTP tracks, stuff from their new album, and some classics (Celph spit most of Primo's 4 course meal which was awesome and unexpected)

Plus we got to meet them after the show and they were both surprisingly nice guys, no ego or jerky attitudes.

SBYwzwZ.jpg

Novid

Banned

good whisky is very good whisky.

as for the InBev Bud, they need to step up their advertising platform. we went from horses, dogs, and frogs to dudebro power fantasies (there always been but is more.. douchey than Blue Collar respectability like they did in the mid 80's) . and they have to get away from the rice based hop making. The Craft Dudes uses apples, pears, corn etc. That's why their winning.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Woooo! Saw Apathy and Celph Titled last Thursday
Barring the fact that there were FAR too many opening acts, the show was fucking awesome, they were great. Apathy fucking murdered it, I was pretty impressed. Super high energy and a good mix of AOTP tracks, stuff from their new album, and some classics (Celph spit most of Primo's 4 course meal which was awesome and unexpected)

Plus we got to meet them after the show and they were both surprisingly nice guys, no ego or jerky attitudes.

SBYwzwZ.jpg

What's a good Apathy album?

Esch

Banned
drinking 10+ nattys just feels like smoking 10+ cigarettes

just kinda like ugggghhhhhhhhh

Busch is that old WW2 vet drink. I respect people who drink it, like Stag, but I can't figure out why.

Tokubetsu

drinking 10+ nattys just feels like smoking 10+ cigarettes

just kinda like ugggghhhhhhhhh

Busch is that old WW2 vet drink. I respect people who drink it, like Stag, but I can't figure out why.

Drinking 10+ of any beer is a shitty feeling, I don't care how nice it is. I get what you're saying though.

Esch

Banned
Agreed, but there's a specific natty mental vortex that I'm trying to articulate here. It just feels really buzzed, but coherent, kinda sloshy in the stomach, and it just feels like i smoked 7 marlboro reds in the space of an hour and a half or something.

Tokubetsu

Beer hangovers are near the top of my list for worst hangovers too man. Liquor shits are rough but during next day hungover beer shits you feel like your whole body is about to give up. A shower can't save you. I feel like I can smell the beer one me for the whole next day, even with a shower.

Large quantities of beer, cheap wine and cheap tequila make me want to kill myself the next day.

Esch

Banned
nah, Wine is the WOAT, and champagne is the WOAT of wine. OE also gives me dry, sticky hangovers but not as bad.

Tokubetsu

nah, Wine is the WOAT, and champagne is the WOAT of wine. OE also gives me dry, sticky hangovers but not as bad.

Haha we on the same page. Wine makes me feel like I could drink an entire lake and still not be hydrated the next day. Especially some reds.

Esch

Banned
s/o to dark spiced rum for also causing that internal desert feel. I'm talking Kraken, Goslings.
Fuck cheap beer, even when I become homeless I'm still gonna ask for the Yuengling at the least.
I was just born cheap. I have to say i cant really fux w/Kentucky Tavern or any of that absolute bottom of the barrel whisky.

Tokubetsu

s/o to dark spiced rum for also causing that internal desert feel. I'm talking Kraken, Goslings.

I was just born cheap. I have to say i cant really fux w/Kentucky Tavern or any of that absolute bottom of the barrel whisky.

I don't drink spiced rum anymore. Got to a point where you could hand me a cup of spiced rum x coke and before I was even halfway done with it but stomach was already telling me to stop. Most Puerto Rican rums will have me breaking out in sweat like I've got a fever too. I stay the fuck away from most rums.

I pretty much can only drink gin, vodka, whiskey safely without worrying i might be dead he next morning.

Beer hangovers are near the top of my list for worst hangovers too man. Liquor shits are rough but during next day hungover beer shits you feel like your whole body is about to give up. A shower can't save you. I feel like I can smell the beer one me for the whole next day, even with a shower.

Agree with all this. Beer hangovers are fucking awful. Now, if I drink a litre bottle of Smirnoff or Absolut or some shit, I'll wake up and feel tired as shit. No headache, no bad stomach none of that stuff. Couple pints of water and I feel fine.

HiResDes

I have a strong tolerance for everything except maybe Wine, which still gives me terrible hangovers...

Anyway, back to rap talk the new Havoc is boring as fuck, and the new U-God is surprisingly not, definitely check that out.

Esch

Banned
I don't drink spiced rum anymore. Got to a point where you could hand me a cup of spiced rum x coke and before I was even halfway done with it but stomach was already telling me to stop. Most Puerto Rican rums will have me breaking out in sweat like I've got a fever too. I stay the fuck away from most rums.

I pretty much can only drink gin, vodka, whiskey safely without worrying i might be dead he next morning.

dat Jamaican internal warning label

Tokubetsu

I still need to buy everything ALC has done this year. Still haven't heard Durag Dynasty. I was listening to Covert Coup earlier and I'm hoping Curren$y takes a trip to LA sometime later this year and just blesses us with a part two. Doesn't even have to release it for free. I auto buy any Curren$y or ALC release anyway, I would love to give them both some dough.

I always thought he was in P's shadow with the Mobb stuff. I mean early Prodigy was an animal on the mic so how could he compare? I thought he was fine on this new one though. Not terrible, not brilliant, but not as if it took away from me listening to it either.

HiResDes

Keynote Speaker is quite the surprise though, U-God gets more personal and intimate than I ever expected, more than Ghostface has in about three albums. The tempos and production are super varied. Really impressed. Room Keeps Spinning and Skyscraper are good examples if you want to youtube sample.

Killah and U-God killing it in 2013, who would of thought.

Killah Priest was definitely the surprise of the year. That album blew me the fuck away. Don't think Ive ever had my expectations be so wrong ever before. I think RZA exec'ed Ugods album. If he did then Im cautiously optimistic for the clan album, because this sounds great.

PBY

Banned
Order of WOAT Hangovers, and I DARE anyone to challenge this. This is gospel

1. 4 Loko- Drink 3 of these and then wake up in sugary hell.
2. Andre- The worst kind of champagne hangover
3. Boxed Wine- Ugh.
4. Any variation of sugary yard drink, frozen drink, or shitty fruit cocktail

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Typically speaking, the more sugar something has the worst the hangover will be. I remember somebody telling me why that was, but I was drunk at the time.

Macca

Order of WOAT Hangovers, and I DARE anyone to challenge this. This is gospel

1. 4 Loko- Drink 3 of these and then wake up in sugary hell.
2. Andre- The worst kind of champagne hangover
3. Boxed Wine- Ugh.
4. Any variation of sugary yard drink, frozen drink, or shitty fruit cocktail
I knocked back a pretty much full glass of just mixed spirits when I was 18. Holy fuck, had hangover that lasted at least 2 days.

Never really had a problem with wine hangovers. I try stay away from it tho, because I drink it too quick and get fucking wasted. Not good.

Esch

Banned
Typically speaking, the more sugar something has the worst the hangover will be. I remember somebody telling me why that was, but I was drunk at the time.

A lot of the congeners in alcohol are what give you hangovers (basically the shit that isnt ethanol or water), and I've heard arguments that sugar induces a greater rate of absorption of alcohol, yadda yadda yadda. I don't particularly buy into the latter because I've never seen a proposed mechanism for it after having spent a decent amount of time on Google Scholar with it, but the first seems to be genuinely true.

Blackout 2 was my first exposure to the clan... I remember a BET commercial for it, then gave it a listen. Instant fan and loved the energy those two had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom