• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
A lot of the congeners in alcohol are what give you hangovers (basically the shit that isnt ethanol or water), and I've heard arguments that sugar induces a greater rate of absorption of alcohol, yadda yadda yadda. I don't particularly buy into the latter because I've never seen a proposed mechanism for it after having spent a decent amount of time on Google Scholar with it, but the first seems to be genuinely true.

I have done no studies on it, but I've heard it a bunch and it happens to me too. Sugary drinks are generally garbage anyway, so it's an easy drop.

Except Mojitos

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
the one and only cheap beer

pbr_canadudt.jpg

Esch

Banned
Umm order something actually good guys like a Brandy Alexander or a Dark and Stormy.

I picked things that have actual sugar in the recipe, cane or syrup.

Yeah I like both of those, death in the afternoons, rusty nails, blood and sand etc etc

Unless you're saying you DON"T enjoy a good Tequila Sunrise, Mint Julep, or Tom Collins. In that case, smh.

Esch

Banned
Good Tequila Sunrises are few and far between.
I agree that most people fuck up the ratio because getting the amount of grenadine right is tough. I also think quality of OJ matters almost more than tequila, and generally bars have shit OJ.

My buddies dad made one for me, salt rimmed, with Simply Orange. Shit is unbelievable.

Tokubetsu

Truth.
#5 might be Long Islands the entire night.

First night a buddy of mine went out drinking, he was never a drinker before and didn't like to taste the alcohol so we told him to get a long island. We're all mingling and by time we got back to he had had two, and was halfway through his third. "These taste great!" We had to carry him home.

CRS

Not a fan of Simply Orange at all. Their Lemonade variety is god-tier but I prefer Costco's organic OJ over anything else. I forget what brand it is but the OJ at the restaurant that I work at is God's nectar in a gallon jug.

Also, worst hangover is still from wine. Me and two buddies split a double magnum bottle and played New Super Mario Bros Wii. Third guy who didn't drink too much either.

Esch

Banned
Is it weird that I like Simply Grapefruit best. I just love grapefruit, and the juice. I realize this is like enjoying straight cranberry but idgaf.

DominoKid

Simply Lemonade is dooooope. i havent had it w/ Mango yet.

Simply Pink Lemonade w/ Raspberry is my shit. one of my habits at school was to reup on weed, go cop a jug of that shit, roll a blunt and park on my porch w/ a glass of it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
A lot of the congeners in alcohol are what give you hangovers (basically the shit that isnt ethanol or water), and I've heard arguments that sugar induces a greater rate of absorption of alcohol, yadda yadda yadda. I don't particularly buy into the latter because I've never seen a proposed mechanism for it after having spent a decent amount of time on Google Scholar with it, but the first seems to be genuinely true.
Thought hangovers were in relation to dehydration...

Esch

Banned
Thought hangovers were in relation to dehydration...
Drunkenness and its resultant withdrawal like any other drug interaction are influenced by a number of factors. Yeah, dehydration is the lion's share of it, absolutely, but there's more to it obviously.

Worded that badly. Congeners are shown to be a factor in hangovers.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Drunkenness and its resultant withdrawal like any other drug interaction are influenced by a number of factors. Yeah, dehydration is the lion's share of it, absolutely, but there's more to it obviously.

Worded that badly. Congeners are shown to be a factor in hangovers.
Well sugar also dehydrates you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom