• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitters

The Pro Era fan fiction on ktt.
SN5ulA1.gif

I thought the album came out already lol

He hasn't had a "big" single this time, like the classic I'm On One. No New Friends is a bust, even the video doesn't have many views.

DominoKid

Khaled is suffering so much.

No New Friends ain't a bust. It might not be the phenomenon that I'm On One was, but it's still on the radio like 3 times every hour.

Complex's 25 new rappers to watch for.

25. 100s (Hometown: Berkeley, CA)
24. 3D Na'Tee (Hometown: New Orleans, LA)
23. A$AP Nast (Hometown: Harlem, NY)
22. Bodega Bamz (Hometown: Harlem, NY)
21. Dillon Cooper (Hometown: Brooklyn, NY)
20. Doe B (Hometown: Montgomery, AL)
19. Fat Trel (Hometown: Washington D.C.)
18. Ibn Inglor (Hometown: Chicago, IL)
17. Isaiah Rashad (Hometown: Chattanooga, TN)
16. Kevin Gates (Hometown: Baton Rouge, LA)
15. Lightshow (Hometown: Washington D.C.)
14. Lil Herb & Lil Bibby (Hometown: Chicago, IL)
13. Lucki Eck$ (Hometown: Chicago, IL)
12. Migos (Hometown: Atlanta, GA)
11. Problem (Hometown: Compton, CA)
10. Rich Homie Quan (Hometown: Atlanta, GA)
9. Sage the Gemini (Hometown: Fairfield, CA)
8. Tory Lanez (Hometown: Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
7. Travi$ Scott (Hometown: Houston, TX)
6. Two-9 (Hometown: Atlanta, GA)
5. Vic Mensa (Hometown: Chicago, IL)
4. Vince Staples (Hometown: Long Beach, CA)
3. Young Scooter (Hometown: Atlanta, GA)
2. Young Thug (Hometown: Atlanta, GA)
1. ZMoney (Hometown: Chicago, IL)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
oh man i completely forgot about travis scott. and i loved the production on sin city too.

anyone know if his EP good or not?
Owl Pharaoh is really good. A lot of standouts (Drive, Hell of a Night, Bandz, Quintana, etc.). The original version of Owl Pharaoh he put out later is okay too, just a lot rougher around the edges and kinda unfinished.

Esch

Banned
oh man i completely forgot about travis scott. and i loved the production on sin city too.

anyone know if his EP good or not?

It's not really good in any sense but it's an amazing case study of the scene. If you're really into new Kanye's kinda overdone layering sound you might enjoy it. It's basically trap for hypebeast babbies.

HiResDes

Just made this mix for my car, gonna dub this shit on cassette that dark Witch fire:

j1P4oNi.png

...Probably gonna upload to soundcloud, flows pretty damn well.

mooooose

Chance seems like a plant to me. It's cool that he's a legit dude who makes good music and has interest in music but where the fuck did this guy come from to get the beats from who he did, the features he did, and exposure?

ASAP made sense. His single getting exposure was weird but everything else he had was no name besides Q, who was mostly no name. Yams, Rocky's manager, is really really well connected from his days as a tumblr troll and interning at Dipset/Duke da God/Jim Jones. All of the stuff ASAP did early on was def organic, just a fast rise because the dude had a "new" sound and was competent.

Anyway, Chance is ok. Lyrically he's boring IMO. Like his voice and delivery is cool but it gets in the way of having memorable lines that I can rap to or resonate with.

overcast

The most well known feature on Acid Rap is Gambino. Soul and Bronson are hardly big stars.

Be cool if a rapper stopped here..

Kwixotik

Just made this mix for my car, gonna dub this shit on cassette that dark Witch fire:

http://i.imgur.com/j1P4oNi.png?1[IMG]

...[B]Probably gonna upload to soundcloud[/B], flows pretty damn well.[/QUOTE]
Do it, I've been wanting a playlist like this

[quote="overcast, post: 74113083"]The most well known feature on Acid Rap is Gambino. Soul and Bronson are hardly big stars.

Be cool if a rapper stopped here..[/QUOTE]

Bronson is pretty big, man [SPOILER]no pun intended[/SPOILER]

Chance seems like a plant to me. It's cool that he's a legit dude who makes good music and has interest in music but where the fuck did this guy come from to get the beats from who he did, the features he did, and exposure?

ASAP made sense. His single getting exposure was weird but everything else he had was no name besides Q, who was mostly no name. Yams, Rocky's manager, is really really well connected from his days as a tumblr troll and interning at Dipset/Duke da God/Jim Jones. All of the stuff ASAP did early on was def organic, just a fast rise because the dude had a "new" sound and was competent.

Anyway, Chance is ok. Lyrically he's boring IMO. Like his voice and delivery is cool but it gets in the way of having memorable lines that I can rap to or resonate with.
Acid rap isn't his first mixtape....and he was in Gambino's tour last year which is why now he is able to get those kind of features.

Heavily disagree about his lyrics being boring and his delivery getting in the way. If anything his delivery is what causes it to be more memorable

I tried to promote Chance before Acid Rap came out like maybe one or two threads ago.

I posted his old shit twice, no one gave him any looks.

Now niggies wondering where he came from all of a sudden :/

overcast

Touring with Gambino was a pretty big deal I think.

Is he that BIG right now? He got features, and his name is spreading. But I don't know, nothing insane.

Cudder

I tried to promote Chance before Acid Rap came out like maybe one or two threads ago.

Probably because Acid Rap is the only worthwhile thing he's done.

Is he that BIG right now? He got features, and his name is spreading. But I don't know, nothing insane.
I saw him live first when he opened for Gambino. I usually don't like most openers but his show was really good and he entertained the crowd well.

Probably because Acid Rap is the only worthwhile thing he's done.

I really liked 10Day. Shit I like it more than Acid Rap lol.

DominoKid

Pretty fast, seemed to me that Feds watching was just picking up steam.

I'm still waiting for that EP Mike Will.

saturating them airwaves.
him and Big Sean will be on Drake's next single coming out soon too.

big? no
but he's got the biggest buzz right now of any rapper w/o an album.

Btw,I really like that Asap Ferg release is an album. Maybe that's just me though but I'm getting tired of mixtapes being better than albums.

I really liked 10Day. Shit I like it more than Acid Rap lol.

cause of terrible opinions like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom