• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJT

I just realized that this may be one of the best things ever written:

It started with rhythms I heard listenin' to the wall
The bouncin' of basketballs on playgrounds and all
The empty bottles that's hollow, wind blowin' inside 'em
The flow and the rhymin' got my alignment to a Science
Mixin' with my moms in the kitchen, them spoons rattlin'
Pots and pans, faucet water pourin', tunes managin'
To come from all the fussin' and ramblin'
What I noticed was -- pure music, untampered with
By things show biz does

If there's one greatest, it has to be Nas. Regardless of how much mediocre shit he also put out.

I just added a new favorite LP into the collection

photoy6kia.jpg

got to shake both their hands and thank em for a fantastic show. Was worth paying extra just for the autographed copy instead of pre-ordering during the initial run.

And fuckin' DJ Q-Bert pops out and plays Get It with them on stage

and hearing Despot live has completely changed my opinion on him. Dude can put on an amazing ass show and he's basically the reincarnation of Mitch Hedberg live, but now he's a rapper.
Same. I saw the pitchfork show online and he was great during his guest verses for El-P's songs. Crowd went nuts.

HiResDes

...Beats outta this world, so wavey, and whoever this guy has just enough steez to keep up. Produced by one-half of The-Drum.

Big Sean da genius was in mixtape form on that track tho.

Can't say I cared for his verse but I see why it's getting so much hype. It reminds me of something I've been thinking about with respect to Sean. He tends to have crazy noteworthy (even if I don't consider them as such) guest verses on some very big records - Clique, Mercy, now this. All of which are BIG records; I have a friend who works at Interscope and he said Clique and Mercy are two of the biggest radio performance songs in ages, in terms of metrics and the response they generate; they'll be played for years, basically.

My point being: he's on all these big songs but isn't a big artist. I can't see him performing like Kendrick, Cole, or Drake have with a gold album. Guap flopped, and his first album was delayed multiple times until he got a Chris Brown hook. Does he have an actual fanbase? I'm not sure.

Esch

Banned
Sean clearly has mic skills but his groanworthy adlibs and overall kinda fruity voice turns people off. I think he has a modest fanbase, but will they buy albums like Kendrick and Cole are now enjoying? I would say no. He'll sell under 100k. The community isnt behind him overall.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sean clearly has mic skills but his groanworthy adlibs and overall kinda fruity voice turns people off. I think he has a modest fanbase, but will they buy albums like Kendrick and Cole are now enjoying? I would say no. He'll sell under 100k. The community isnt behind him overall.
This is the first complaint I've ever heard for his voice.

The biggest problem people have with Sean bar none is that he knows when to reel it back being super lyrical on certain songs. He's mentioned it, we all know it, but people still treat his more lyrical performances as somehow him having a hot day when he can dial it up and down accordingly when he needs to do so, a unique capability that pretty much only Drake, Kanye and Jay-Z share when I think of it. What results is range pretty much.

To quote Sean himself, "What do I look like rapping hard as hell on My Last?" Ain't nobody tryna hear that.

The biggest people have with Sean bar none is that he knows when to reel it back being super lyrical on certain songs. He's mentioned it, we all know it, but people still treat his more lyrical performances as somehow him having a hot day when he can dial it up and down accordingly when he needs to do so, a unique capability that pretty much only Drake, Kanye and Jay-Z share when I think of it. What results is range pretty much.

To quote Sean himself, "What do I look like rapping hard as hell on My Last?" Ain't nobody tryna hear that.

That's one of the main reasons I didn't like Big Sean at first he sounded hella corny until I got used to his voice.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Switch Up > Show Out > Beware > All Me > Fire >>>>>>>>> Guap

I expect the Nas/CuDi song to be somewhere on the left side of that.

Switch Up > Show Out > Beware > All Me > Fire >>>>>>>>> Guap
t
I expect the Nas/CuDi song to be somewhere on the left side of that.

I think the Nas/Cudi will probably be the best on the album. NO ID produced it right ?

Switch Up > Fire > Show Out > Beware > All Me > Guap .

Brehs anyone got a Roku? I'm about to order one, but getting some mixed info on usb ports. Does the Roku 2 XS have a usb? Amazon says yes, but the reviews make it sound like I'd need a different (more expensive) version.

Shagwell

The biggest problem people have with Sean bar none is that he knows when to reel it back being super lyrical on certain songs. He's mentioned it, we all know it, but people still treat his more lyrical performances as somehow him having a hot day when he can dial it up and down accordingly when he needs to do so, a unique capability that pretty much only Drake, Kanye and Jay-Z share when I think of it. What results is range pretty much.

I love big sean on the down low. I'm not allowed to like him or his music 'round my on-and-off girl. Apparently his vibes were a bit rapey when he invited her and her sorority sisters to his tour bus a while back.

Why can't I just show him love all the time :(

lol it won't be that easy.

Brehs anyone got a Roku? I'm about to order one, but getting some mixed info on usb ports. Does the Roku 2 XS have a usb? Amazon says yes, but the reviews make it sound like I'd need a different (more expensive) version.

My rents have one. It's an older version, I think. I can't answer that specific question but I would recommend that you buy the best one you can afford. My parent's roku is p a i n f u l l y slow.

codhand

Des, Reaper is the best open source audio editing program. of all times.

to crossfade you just drag song A on top of song B, where you want it, and Reaper automatically puts a crossfade on it

then you can insert, your dj overdubs

DESert Storm!!!

Get Familierr!!

GanstaH GriZZiel!! etc

I love big sean on the down low. I'm not allowed to like him or his music 'round my on-and-off girl. Apparently his vibes were a bit rapey when he invited her and her sorority sisters to his tour bus a while back.

Why can't I just show him love all the time :(

Gonna need more details breh. Tried to get them drunk and fuck? And were they black lol

Shagwell

Gonna need more details breh. Tried to get them drunk and fuck? And were they black lol

Hahaha well first thing's first I'll just say that this is all from the words of m'lady and what I remember of it.

She went to college in Cleveland and was in the biggest sorority on campus. On one of their social nights or whatever the hell sororities call them, her and her sisters (who are all very attractive if I do say so myself) hit some club downtown. Oh, and they're a bunch of white girls lol. Anyway, they're getting drunk at the club and dancing and whatever and Big Sean rolls through at like 1am with a couple of dudes from his clique (nobody famous) and he's buying drinks and doing dancing and doing whatever you'd expect a rapper to do at a club.

My girl is dancing with one of her sisters (let's call her girl B) and then Big Sean rolls up and dances with 'em. A song later he takes girl B for a drink and a seat down in the club, she brings some of her other sorority sisters to introduce him and it's all a jolly good time. Big Sean's got him some drunk and hot sorority chicks, and they get to say they were getting showered with attention by a famous rapper. Win-win.

Anyway, he tells girl B that his tour bus is parked real close to the club and she should come have some drinks with him. He also tells her to bring a couple of her friends. Girl B brings my girl (before she was my girl) and two others with her to the tour bus.

Once in the tour bus it's really only Big Sean and one other dude and these four girls.
They're drinking having a few laughs and Big Sean takes girl B into another room (room? compartment? fuck knows I ain't never been on a tour bus). At this point the other girls are thinking well now that Big Sean isn't here we're just a bunch of girls sitting on a bus alone, so they fucked off back outside.

According to girl B they were making out and he was trying to get her undressed but she was telling him how she doesn't know him and she doesn't do that and she's not a hoe, etc. He didn't get extra physical or anything but anyway some 20 or so minutes pass by and my lady friend gets a call from girl B who's somewhat crying/panicked on the phone, asking her to come get her from the tour bus. I guess she was calling from the bathroom or something. Basically, Big Sean was trying to get in that ass so he was trying to convince her to drink some more and she kept saying she had to go but he just sort of didn't let her leave the tour bus. So lady friend tells the other sorority sisters and they stand outside the tourbus banging on the door and shit. Eventually he lets her out. That's pretty much all I know.

TLDR; drunk rapper tries to get with drunk sorority girl, drunk sorority girl panicks, big sean doesn't let her leave tour bus, whole chapter of sorority chicks freak out

Hahaha well first thing's first I'll just say that this is all from the words of m'lady and what I remember of it.

She went to college in Cleveland and was in the biggest sorority on campus. On one of their social nights or whatever the hell sororities call them, her and her sisters (who are all very attractive if I do say so myself) hit some club downtown. Oh, and they're a bunch of white girls lol. Anyway, they're getting drunk at the club and dancing and whatever and Big Sean rolls through at like 1am with a couple of dudes from his clique (nobody famous) and he's buying drinks and doing dancing and doing whatever you'd expect a rapper to do at a club.

My girl is dancing with one of her sisters (let's call her girl B) and then Big Sean rolls up and dances with 'em. A song later he takes girl B for a drink and a seat down in the club, she brings some of her other sorority sisters to introduce him and it's all a jolly good time. Big Sean's got him some drunk and hot sorority chicks, and they get to say they were getting showered with attention by a famous rapper. Win-win.

Anyway, he tells girl B that his tour bus is parked real close to the club and she should come have some drinks with him. He also tells her to bring a couple of her friends. Girl B brings my girl (before she was my girl) and two others with her to the tour bus.

Once in the tour bus it's really only Big Sean and one other dude and these four girls.
They're drinking having a few laughs and Big Sean takes girl B into another room (room? compartment? fuck knows I ain't never been on a tour bus). At this point the other girls are thinking well now that Big Sean isn't here we're just a bunch of girls sitting on a bus alone, so they fucked off back outside.

According to girl B they were making out and he was trying to get her undressed but she was telling him how she doesn't know him and she doesn't do that and she's not a hoe, etc. He didn't get extra physical or anything but anyway some 20 or so minutes pass by and my lady friend gets a call from girl B who's somewhat crying/panicked on the phone, asking her to come get her from the tour bus. I guess she was calling from the bathroom or something. Basically, Big Sean was trying to get in that ass so he was trying to convince her to drink some more and she kept saying she had to go but he just sort of didn't let her leave the tour bus. So lady friend tells the other sorority sisters and they stand outside the tourbus banging on the door and shit. Eventually he lets her out. That's pretty much all I know.

TLDR; drunk rapper tries to get with drunk sorority girl, drunk sorority girl panicks, big sean doesn't let her leave tour bus, whole chapter of sorority chicks freak out

Damn. Didn't he get accused of sexual assault awhile ago too? sheeeit

Should have gone on a bus with Kendrick instead. They'd just drink extra pulp orange juice, watch Martin, and play Uno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom