• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Btw,I really like that Asap Ferg release is an album. Maybe that's just me though but I'm getting tired of mixtapes being better than albums.
I also think it's cool Ferg is just dropping an album, but mixtapes do go a long way in establishing fans.

I also think it's cool Ferg is just dropping an album, but mixtapes do go a long way in establishing fans.
Well, I should say the problems I mostly have with mixtapes are these artists putting out a mixtape months before an album and the mixtape being better. Still though, I don't mind giving artist money. I think his album will do better than most people here expect...I bet it'd be better than French Montana 20k
Have you listened to 10Day?

Yes otherwise I wouldn't have said that. Acid Rap is quite an improvement of it.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Anybody on this Bishop Nehru cat?

Kid can spit like fuck, super retro flow...takes me right back to the 90s. Really diggin the "Strictly FLOWZ" mixtape.

Chance The Rapper got half a mil downloads off his first mixtape (not Acid Rap), and he only released that after being suspended from school. I doubt he's a plant, but clearly he's talking to labels and has many connects now.

Acid Rap really blew me away. It's a very refreshing sound, and the experimentation and playfulness reminds of ODB or Das Efx

overcast

So does anyone have an idea of what we have to look forward to for the rest of the year? A list would be nice. All I can think of is

Drake, Danny Brown, Q, Ferg, and Juicy.

Are Cunninlynguists set to release anything anytime soon?

Dereck

So does anyone have an idea of what we have to look forward to for the rest of the year? A list would be nice. All I can think of is

Earl Sweatshirt, Deltron 3030

SoilBreak

Banned

Lords of Flatbush and Better off Dead

Macca

BIG SEAN

All the ones you mentioned plus Big Sean, Earl Sweatshirt, The Weeknd, 2 Chanz, MMG Self Made Vol.3 and Rick Ross's next LP.

I doubt Ross will drop this year. Labels don't like post October releases unless it's a big artist. Another generic trap song+Nicki Minaj assisted ladies track won't work any better for him.

I'm looking forward to Roc Marciano's album, Danny Brown, and that's all I can remember. Q is going to drop a weak album, you already know.

XS5LK.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Key Wane stays winning.

Big Sean snapped on that song. Son flipped his flow like 6 times throughout the verse and it still was on beat. Don't really like the Drake bit at the end of the song though.

EDIT: I don't know what the fuck is up with Drake's delivery lately, but it's really putting me off. Hook is afflicted. Not really feeling his verses in general. 2 Chainz comes through though.

Tokubetsu

Key Wane stays winning.

Big Sean snapped on that song. Son flipped his flow like 6 times throughout the verse and it still was on beat. Don't really like the Drake bit at the end of the song though.

EDIT: I don't know what the fuck is up with Drake's delivery lately, but it's really putting me off. Hook is afflicted. Not really feeling his verses in general. 2 Chainz comes through though.

2 Chainz had the weakest verse.

Key Wayne is really gonna blow the fuck up after this. Not really impressed with anyone's verse to be honest defiantly the weakest song Drake came out with this year.

Kwixotik

I just noticed Danny Brown's following Deniro Farrar on twitter now, and his followers have doubled the past couple months. A feature would be interesting to say the least lol

iavi

Yeah, that production is delivering.

I do find it kind of ironic that a song about Drake doing it all on his own has FTs.

e: Big Sean leveled up. Nikka +3 plus bonus-round all his stats.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I just added a new favorite LP into the collection

photoy6kia.jpg

got to shake both their hands and thank em for a fantastic show. Was worth paying extra just for the autographed copy instead of pre-ordering during the initial run.

And fuckin' DJ Q-Bert pops out and plays Get It with them on stage

and hearing Despot live has completely changed my opinion on him. Dude can put on an amazing ass show and he's basically the reincarnation of Mitch Hedberg live, but now he's a rapper.

I just added a new favorite LP into the collection

http://www.abload.de/img/photoy6kia.jpg[/IMG]

got to shake both their hands and thank em for a fantastic show. Was worth paying extra just for the autographed copy instead of pre-ordering during the initial run.

And fuckin' DJ Q-Bert pops out and plays Get It with them on stage

and hearing Despot live has completely changed my opinion on him. Dude can put on an amazing ass show and he's basically the reincarnation of Mitch Hedberg live, but now he's a rapper.
I was there too!

Killer Mike fucking killed it, I have no idea how a man that large can have that much energy. Also the first time Ive ever listened to Despot and he was great, does he not come off like that in his recordings?

Easily one of my favorite shows in a while especially for $20, don't sleep on this tour gaf hop

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Drake, Q, 40, Big Sean, 2 Chainz, Birdman, MMG, DJ Khaled and Juicy make my list for the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom