• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm in this weird position where I've pretty much liked every CyHi guest verse, but I still have zero interest in an album by him
I think half of GAF-Hop shares this sentiment.

He's slayed every song he's been on. Best verse on CS, hung with Jay, Push and Ye on So Appalled, etc.

Esch

Banned
Act II: Patents of Nobility gonna be album of the year right after Ka's.
ibofmZk14FuY6n.gif

Jitters

Seems like a lot of fans and critics loved that Ka album. I just couldn't get into it. I wanted to like it, and can see why people like it, but it just couldn't hold my interest. Too boring.

Act II: Patents of Nobility gonna be album of the year right after Ka's.

I remember that old Exhibit A thread back in the day. Nabs and some other dudes were in there going crazy over Jay Elec. I actually remember where I heard it too: I was in the uni library late at night, listened to that shit and was blown away. Went home and searched for as much of his shit as I could find.

Today I barely acknowledge Elec's existence. This isn't 2007 anymore brehs, we don't need a hip hop savior from the ringtone shit. Danny Brown, Spitta, Freddie Gibbs, Ab Soul, Kendrick, Q, Bronson, KRIT...there's so many dope artists out today.

and fuck Blu too.

Esch

Banned
I remember that old Exhibit A thread back in the day. Nabs and some other dudes were in there going crazy over Jay Elec. I actually remember where I heard it too: I was in the uni library late at night, listened to that shit and was blown away. Went home and searched for as much of his shit as I could find.

Today I barely acknowledge Elec's existence. This isn't 2007 anymore brehs, we don't need a hip hop savior from the ringtone shit. Danny Brown, Spitta, Freddie Gibbs, Ab Soul, Kendrick, Q, Bronson, KRIT...there's so many dope artists out today.

and fuck Blu too.
rejoice.png

codhand

the other day at a friend's this guy was like oh you make rap music? have you ever heard of jay electronica?

i'm thinking of all the rappers, whhhhy whhhy??!

i was like oh he's dope...
500full.jpg

Matugi

That Old feature list gives me an erection.

Also I'm trying to get into KRIT, I've liked some of his features. Can somebody recommend me some of his music and maybe a mixtape or two?

codhand

i can see how the KA album isn't for everyone, but i really like it, never heard an album like it before

i get that he's decidedly monotone, and his beats are comprised of mostly sparse loops, but there's a focus and dedication to it that works perfect for me

No sense in labeling Old yet. I learned a few years ago that I should never expect an album to be great or awful. I'm excited to hear Old. But going into an album with the preconceived notion that it's going to be the best album you hear this year will most likely do one of two things 1) leave you with disappointment 2) falsify your actual tastes. On the other hand, going into an album with the idea that it's going to be terrible is prob unhealthy to the expansion of your own taste. I'm just saying, have an open mind.

Jitters

I don't think people are that serious when they say something is going to be AOTY. Its more of a hyperbolic way of saying they are hyped. At least that is how I perceive it.

iavi

Don't act like you didn't see this one coming.

I don't think people are that serious when they say something is going to be AOTY. Its more of a hyperbolic way of saying they are hyped. At least that is how i perceive it.

Exactly.

If I'm to be perfectly honest, I highly doubt a hip-hop album has a chance to be my personal AOTY. Unless that album is some spiritual successor to Russian Roulette--themed around the fall season maybe.

Esch

Banned
No sense in labeling Old yet. I learned a few years ago that I should never expect an album to be great or awful. I'm excited to hear Old. But going into an album with the preconceived notion that it's going to be the best album you hear this year will most likely do one of two things 1) leave you with disappointment 2) falsify your actual tastes. On the other hand, going into an album with the idea that it's going to be terrible is prob unhealthy to the expansion of your own taste. I'm just saying, have an open mind.
Good post, but everyone goes into an album with preconceived notions unless its some bandcamp unknown shit. Thats why promo, marketing, and singles exist: to direct the flow of those perceptions.

I agree with the sentiment of what you're saying though.

kamspy

Da god is still hungry and excited about music. Check the reaction when he hears what beat they played him to go over. http://youtu.be/EaUYFjOLOrA

Need dat Crystal Meth. Said it was coming 2013 with production from RZA. Couple more years of Meth drought and I'll be as bad as Irish and LS2. :/

Jitters

Charli might be on Kitty's album as well. Grimes might be on it too. I can never tell if she is being serious or not though.

That Strange U thing on the previous page is pretty cool. Scarlet Jungle especially.

Got paid to go to college; how does that work? I'm assuming you don't mean a scholarship that you earned?

Nah no scholarships. I live in Ireland man. Basically if you're poor the government will pay your college fees for you. And if you live in what they deem an under-privileged area or whatever they pay you money to go to college. Pay for books, your food, rent if you need to move out, basically everything. I live in a pretty shiity area I guess so I was working part time in a liqour store/off license, the government paid all my college fees and put money in my account every month to cover all my expenses.

IrishNinja bout to hate me, but thats the first ever Nujabes song I ever heard. Dope.

Also if Yeezus wins the top spot on the GAF-Hop AOTY Macca can make me another avatar. Dont forget though, down the line someones gonna click on that old AOTY 2013 thread and see that garbage in the top spot if you let it happen. Shit will be embarrassing.

Macca

That Old feature list gives me an erection.

Also I'm trying to get into KRIT, I've liked some of his features. Can somebody recommend me some of his music and maybe a mixtape or two?
King Remembered In Time.

I definitely feel it's his strongest project, and a great place to jump in. Has a really nice balance between the bangers and the more soulful slower shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom