• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

I really haven't had the opportunity until recently. I will definitely be going to more concerts in general in the coming months (already have tickets to see Jessie Ware and Disclosure).

How is Rock the Bells typically? I heard rap isn't great in festivals, but I need to see some of those dudes live.

you got lucky seeing danny brown. he's one of the good ones.

some are so shit though. just a hype man and loud ass backing music. they don't even put in the effort. you'll maybe get 2 or 3 lines out of them per song.

holy shit at that ryan hemsworth remix of asap rocky. he mixed it with a britney spears instrumental and it works so well.

caesar

Banned
I don't really like the album that much but they have a pretty nice sound. It's all the remixes and collabs though.

Jitters

There are a few track on it I like quite a lot, but I end up skipping most of them.

holy shit at that ryan hemsworth remix of asap rocky. he mixed it with a britney spears instrumental and it works so well.

I know, right? its great. He is great.

I was going to post something in PopGAF. What happened?

caesar

Banned
There are a few track on it I like quite a lot, but I end up skipping most of them.

I know, right? its great. He is great.

I was going to post something in PopGAF. What happened?

new gaga song leaked and they start eating each other alive, lmao

CRS

I really haven't had the opportunity until recently. I will definitely be going to more concerts in general in the coming months (already have tickets to see Jessie Ware and Disclosure).

How is Rock the Bells typically? I heard rap isn't great in festivals, but I need to see some of those dudes live.

Really enjoyed Rock the Bells and Paid Dues as well. Especially since I went with myself to both festivals, I saw artists that I wanted to see. While the festival performances aren't as intense, they're still super solid. I think I'm missing some but so far the rap performances I have seen are:

Bone Thugs x 3,
Rock the Bells x 2,
Big K.R.I.T.,
Lauryn Hill,
Nas,
Mobb Deep,
Souls of Mischief,
Blu and Exile,
Macklemore,
Paid Dues,
Binary Star,
Black Star,
Cunninlynguists,
Curren$y,
DJ Quik,
ScHoolboy Q,
KiD CuDi,
Kanye and Jay,
N*E*R*D*,

So, not sure how many of you have listened to the Flobots (I'm sure a good amount of you dislike them, feel free to disregard the question then), but does anyone else appreciate what they tried with Circle in the Square but just aren't feeling it as much as Survival Story?

I like CITS but SS just felt much better and... I dunno. I can't find the word for it.

CRS

Lmao Pop-GAF.

I guess they need to update their OP.

6 OTs and not once have we been shut down by a mod without further notice (GAFHop tried)

QbadP.png

Jitters

GAF-Hop's favorite rapper, Childish Gambino, is making a comedy series about the Atlantic music scene for FX. I think he is going to star in it as well.

I'm looking forward to it.

PD, i cant believe you are struggling with that ghost record. shit is amazing. that production is dope as hell.

Nah I'm talking about Ghost's general production post-Fischscale. Shit has been mixed to say the least.

The Apollo Brown version of 12 Reasons To Die will almost certainly be in my top 10 this year, it's dope. The Younge version isn't bad, it's just that Ghost is off beat.

overcast

you got lucky seeing danny brown. he's one of the good ones.

some are so shit though. just a hype man and loud ass backing music. they don't even put in the effort. you'll maybe get 2 or 3 lines out of them per song.
Definitely don't want to encounter this. I get frustrated watching performances on YouTube when they have somebody filling in all the lines.

PBY

Banned
Ehhhh I like Danny Brown live- but like q I felt like he didn't do anything special. Just rapped over the instrumentals. Was hype, but eh still a pretty basic ass rap show.

mooooose

Operator with ODB, Pharrell, and Clipse is literally one of his best songs and he barely does a good job on it. But that classic Neptunes beat and the chorus. Damn.

Listen to Return of Mr. Zone 6.

It's probably Gucci's most accessible, current, solo album.

The beat on Mouth Full of Gold and This is What I Do >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Drumma Boy snapped on this album. It's probably his best work.

Just got done with this. Whole car was rattling like hell.

The beat on Trick or Treat good lord

Great shout kams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom