• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mind was blown this morning when I found out that Method Man played Cheese in The Wire

Wtf that was obvious. It's not like he was wearing heavy makeup and put on an accent

And yeah that ovofest had awesome guests but kanye doesn't work well outside of his own shows. That was a boring performance

My mind was blown this morning when I found out that Method Man played Cheese in The Wire

...as in you just watched The Wire and recognized him, or as in you watched it awhile ago and didn't recognize him? Cuz breh if you didn't recognize him imma have to recommend prescription glasses and a hearing aid.

effzee

New Drake is ok. Still doesn't top "Find Your Love" which I thought was a perfect mix of pop, rap, and production.

Its going to be on the radio 24/7 though. I know the wife is going to love it.

He knows how to make a splash and get listeners with his first single.

tumblr_mr3k2tzjPA1s9x79go1_400.gif

powerful.

wish Drake would've done his AOTL remix verse w/ Ye though.

What the hell are these two wearing? Drake looks like he has knee pads on.

Ninjas criticizing when people put effort into their shows now lmao

Hip-hop shows stay losing.

How come no effort is put into the actual musical performance? You know, the singing or rapping...

a dude on stage with a mic and an MPC can put on a good show...

EloquentM

aka Mannny
New Drake is ok. Still doesn't top "Find Your Love" which I thought was a perfect mix of pop, rap, and production.

Its going to be on the radio 24/7 though. I know the wife is going to love it.

He knows how to make a splash and get listeners with his first single.

What the hell are these two wearing? Drake looks like he has knee pads on.
Uh hate to break it to you but there's no rapping in find your love.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How come no effort is put into the actual musical performance? You know, the singing or rapping...

a dude on stage with a mic and an MPC can put on a good show...
You thought the show he did at SNL sucked before the dancers came on? You didn't think much of his Coachella performance? IMO that was his best I've seen and that had minimal other bullshit (none for most acts IIRC).

Seriously, it helps he has other bullshit going on but dude can still rock a crowd with a mic as long as you don't have Kendrick's asthma or forget your own lines like Lupe. The other stuff really doesn't mean as much, and I'm not even fond of bringing out 100 dancers. But criticizing the dude for using visuals and lighting etc. when there's still a dude on the mic there? Nah, I can't see it taking that much away. That much effort should be standard nowadays instead of shit like "yeah but can he do that show with no microphone?"

effzee

Uh hate to break it to you but there's no rapping in find your love.

True but I just remember it being a much better single than this new one he just put out.

But damn could have sworn he was rapping on that song.

His random songs the past few months gave me hope for the album. Hope its more rap and less singing.

PBY

Banned
Ppl mad that Kanyes GOAT live? He goes the extra mile to remix everything. He also has energy that is pretty much unparalleled.

I've been to waaaay too many rap shows, nothing touches Yeezus

Detox

How is Big Daddy Kane live? He's been eating off tours for decades now. I'd love to see him perform give a demonstration live, that perfect breath control.

HiiiLife

I thought Kendrick and Q were dope live when I saw em. Crowd was hyped for the most part, to the point they were moshing. That kinda killed my vibe tho.

OG Kush

The Weeknd's lack of lack of performance flair/ability is going to hamstring his success. It's gonna be hard for him to really break out IMO.
The guy repackaged 3 free mixtapes, added 3 news songs and sold them.. and he still sold 300k. Dont know what you're on about.
Complex actually have their new cover story of him over here:
http://www.complex.com/music/2013/07/weeknd-interview-cover-story
He goes into how much of a big hand he actually had on Take Care, how the supposed beef with Drake is BS and a lot of other stuff. real interesting.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I thought Kendrick and Q were dope live when I saw em. Crowd was hyped for the most part, to the point they were moshing. That kinda killed my vibe tho.
Do you like q much though? Most concerts are better when they're from a performer whom you like unless the artist is SUPER shitty.

Cudder

The guy repackaged 3 free mixtapes, added 3 news songs and sold them.. and he still sold 300k. Dont know what you're on about.
Complex actually have their new cover story of him over here:
http://www.complex.com/music/2013/07/weeknd-interview-cover-story
He goes into how much of a big hand he actually had on Take Care, how the supposed beef with Drake is BS and a lot of other stuff. real interesting.
Those 3 mix tapes were all quality though. I'm interested in seeing how Kiss Land does because everything he's released so far from it is literally trash and doesn't compete with trilogy.

I don't even know how many songs he's released from it so far, like 2 or 3? That's a problem.

Kendrick Lamar Jay Rock and Q were all live as fuck at the concert in Houston I went to back in June. Soul was high as fuck during his set but he did alright.

oh shit. czarface 2 this year.

It must have been a success, from an indie perspective. Great news.

More older artists need to learn that releasing a dope indie project within a NICE package will sell well. You don't need a C-tier trap beat single that costs all your budget.

More older artists need to learn that releasing a dope indie project within a NICE package will sell well. You don't need a C-tier trap beat single that costs all your budget.
Yeah, C-tier East coast 90s beats cost less plus you keep your fanbase

thabiz

"The first CZARFACE was a pet project of ours and fans really responded to the chemistry,"

"[Inspectah] Deck called it a duel, I think it was a knock down, drag out, slugfest...12 rounds. Now, for the rematch we know our strengths and fighting styles even better...expect brutality."

Yeah, C-tier East coast 90s beats cost less plus you keep your fanbase

Eh, this isn't a Nas or non-RZA Raekwon album: there are no c-tier east coast beats on Czarface. Hazmat Rap's beat is definitely one of the best this year. Even Premo's beat is dope.

What a shame that Raekwon and Ghostface can't find production like this, smh. I'd love to hear them over a Roc Marciano beat too.

"The first CZARFACE was a pet project of ours and fans really responded to the chemistry,"

"[Inspectah] Deck called it a duel, I think it was a knock down, drag out, slugfest...12 rounds. Now, for the rematch we know our strengths and fighting styles even better...expect brutality."

Yes! Very hyped for this. Hope they don't rush it out. Take their time and we get something as great as the first one.

Eh, this isn't a Nas or non-RZA Raekwon album: there are no c-tier east coast beats on Czarface. Hazmat Rap's beat is definitely one of the best this year. Even Premo's beat is dope.

What a shame that Raekwon and Ghostface can't find production like this, smh. I'd love to hear them over a Roc Marciano beat too.

That beat went so hard. The song with the terrible Bronson feature had a crazy beat too. The whole fucking album banged to be fair.

Wasn't a criticism of Czarface itself. IIRC, one of my main complaints about that album was actually I felt at times the rappers couldn't hold their own on the beats or that it seemed as if they would get drowned out at times.

Hope you aint taking shots at ob4cl2 tho

overcast

Danny Brown killed it live, the small venue helped. That's the only rap show I've been to though.

Kanye seems great live. Every performance I've seen impresses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom