• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

ODB with clipse & pharell...okay, ima sit on that for a minute

i really should go back to that P90 yoga shit one day but holy fuck was it long and that crane shit was meant for that dhalsim build, fuck that

alright, I was reading some Wu Tang forums, and cracked up when I read this

Chapelle tried to show them the way, from Wu Financial to the racial draft. RZA gon pick up those jewels one day

Macca

Tech N9ne ✔ @TechN9ne

Aw shit I'm bout to drop my 1st verse ever in my new STRANGELAND STUDIOS & its for HOPSIN'S new album! Wish me luck! pic.twitter.com/wtEjAzG09X

AOTF

Macca

has tech performed at the gathering of the juggalos yet? cause if not he's going down that path
cu4Ww7P.jpg

IrishNinja

...well then

hard to say if a Hopsin duet is a step up or not, prolly can't get much lower without going to IRS prison or applying at home depot

Detox

Fat Joe on the Breakfast Club

Breakfast Club does another dope interview, apparently it's their longest and it's great Joe drops some gems: stories, new York dividing itself and getting conquered by the south. Their interviews with veterans are really good it's very relaxed and they let the artist speak their mind. I think they can easily get the best interview with Nas if they get him to sit down for an hour.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Anybody else have these kind of dreams sometimes? I had a dream last night that I got blackout drunk and recorded an album. In the dream I wake up the next day hungover and my friend hands me a cd with the album on it. I was listening to this album and it was fucking awesome. When I woke up for real and could still remember lyrics and beats and hooks from it and was desperately trying to write shit down. But it just faded too quickly. I remember it sounded like a mix of enter the 36 and acid rap. Just some crazy ass stuff.

codhand

Anybody else have these kind of dreams sometimes? I had a dream last night that I got blackout drunk and recorded an album. In the dream I wake up the next day hungover and my friend hands me a cd with the album on it. I was listening to this album and it was fucking awesome. When I woke up for real and could still remember lyrics and beats and hooks from it and was desperately trying to write shit down. But it just faded too quickly. I remember it sounded like a mix of enter the 36 and acid rap. Just some crazy ass stuff.

That was the best concert I've ever been to.

Holy shit

Drake, ASAP Rocky, Wale, French Montana, J. Cole, The Weeknd, TLC, Big Sean, Diddy, Ma$e, Kanye WEST, Lil Wayne

So fcking dope
Jealous as fuck. Though I thought Kanye and The Weeknd were feuding with Drake or something along those lines. That's good.

Ma$e is hilarious. A few months ago I remember reading an interview about someone who was in the studio with him recording his badboy album and Mase never liked the producer or anyone else except his homies in the studio. Well, the label sorta forced him to at least keep the producer in with him and when Mase finished recording he told the guy to sit in the corner and do not disturb. Meanwhile, his homies came over and when he played the song back, all of them started dancing to it as if it was their way of seeing of the song was good or not.

Thought that was funny since I get that feeling from his solo stuff. I can't really get a link atm to the certain interview, bur it went something like that

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Drake sounds like he's been listening to Sade and older singers in that range. It ain't what I want, but the song isn't bad. Ladies are going to eat that shit up.

Esch

Banned
Surprise surprise: effects heavy music translates poorly to live shows. just watch the Weeknd struggle on stage

The Weeknd's lack of lack of performance flair/ability is going to hamstring his success. It's gonna be hard for him to really break out IMO.

Esch

Banned
A lot of people will say that the reason the Weeknd will never be big is because he's too weird; I disagree, with the right production he would be super accessible. Just check out remixes of his stuff..His real weaknesses are his live show, and his total lack of lyrical versatility. Frank Ocean, as corny as he can be, steamrolls dude in terms of variety of concepts. He addresses the human experience on a completely different level, and weeknd has like three things he sings about...... drugs, sex, and feeling like a shitbag about the first two things. I hear he works off the dome/does one take like Jay. Its not gonna work for him.

Haven't heard any Kiss Land shit except one song, but I foresee a disappointing LP that will be received lukewarm by critics and a lot of fans.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
77e38b5474cba76e106223dkv4.jpg

Stones Throw

7-track album. Digital out now. Vinyl ships in September.

All That I Hold Dear is the second in a series of records pairing Homeboy Sandman with a single producer. The previous, Kool Herc: Fertile Crescent, was produced by El RNTC. Producer M Slago handles production on this latest release.

In keeping with Homeboy Sandman's tradition of releasing an exclusive track to celebrate each new record release, here is the latest bonus track – "All That I Hold Dear OUT NOW" produced by Kaimbr.

A new Drake track to shoot up the charts (haven't heard it). Meanwhile Cole still hasn't released a video for Crooked Smile. Dude stays losing.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
It's weird who sucks live, I've heard from a few different sources that Rakim was one of the worst live performers in rap. That when he wasn't lip syncing his entire show, he was barely comprehensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom