• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

what can i say. im a huge roth fan. dude is one of my idols. i think you had to grow up during that time period to get the full effort of the magnificent david. lee. roth.

Rush is a weird band because it's three of arguably the greatest musicians of all time but when they come together it doesn't show
I saw Rush when I was 8 yrs old and I bought a drumset a couple weeks after because of Neil

HiiiLife if you're looking for great introductory ROCK go with My Morning Jacket. They're pretty modern and fresh and they have the whole southern swag to 'em. Great band.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Q9iAcPjzc
this is prob my favorite conan performance actually. conan goes crazy when he hears them lol

Esch

Banned
Shit, our generation got fucking boned then. Who's our Freddy Mercury?

First person to say Kanye West gets killed

Adam Levine
8Vd2G.png

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Your kinda asking for it..
First person that popped in mind =P Hip-Hop wise

Kanye is this generations Elton John. Think about it.

Adam Levine
8Vd2G.png

I'm gonna be sick.

what can i say. im a huge roth fan. dude is one of my idols. i think you had to grow up during that time period to get the full effort of the magnificent david. lee. roth.

We grew up in the same time, but I never really enjoyed butt rock/hair metal.

Esch

Banned
glam is kinda lame but i fux with Van Halen just for Eddie. If the sound of "Panama" doesn't make you wanna drink beers and jump kick dudes in the face, you might have a problem.

mooooose

has there ever been a rapper that was really self loathing in a way that wasnt a joke or gimmick or hyperconfessional eminem angst? i feel like thats a big hole in rap, the whole emo rap thing. i think tyler the creator is the closest thing to it but he only really complains about his ears and his dad. more eminem without real mental problems than anything.

thabiz

Rush is a weird band because it's three of arguably the greatest musicians of all time but when they come together it doesn't show
I saw Rush when I was 8 yrs old and I bought a drumset a couple weeks after because of Neil

here's a fun fact. alex is my aunt's sisters husband.

WanderingWind

has there ever been a rapper that was really self loathing in a way that wasnt a joke or gimmick or hyperconfessional eminem angst? i feel like thats a big hole in rap, the whole emo rap thing. i think tyler the creator is the closest thing to it but he only really complains about his ears and his dad. more eminem without real mental problems than anything.

Kno, I can't think of any.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
CuDi, but it's not always as far as loathing.

Isn't Joe Budden emo and self loathing ?

Esch

Banned

who else but the king

CharlesHamiltonSonic-1.gif

WanderingWind

Okay, Elton John was considered a genius, but was hated by the conservative side of America for a long time. He was known for his music and his super crazy ass wardrobe, which usually revolved around his glasses. He made a ton of radio friendly hits that became super popular and allowed him to go into more experimental sounds, which caused a great divide in his fanbase.

The only thing missing here is Kanye hasn't aged to the point of doing Disney songs. It's gonna happen though.

mooooose

CuDi, but it's not always as far as loathing.
nah hes just emo hes not very self aware of his problems
Isn't Joe Budden emo and self loathing ?
not at all an enlightened soul he just whines a lot
who else but the king

CharlesHamiltonSonic-1.gif
definitely the closest, probably the only one i can think of now that you say it. but hes also a piece of shit and annoying and not because of his subject matter but just his person. i guess that goes hand in hand with the subject matter.

Esch

Banned
definitely the closest, probably the only one i can think of now that you say it. but hes also a piece of shit and annoying and not because of his subject matter but just his person. i guess that goes hand in hand with the subject matter.

Meh, he legitimately has severe mental illness. He's gonna be homeless soon, if he isn't already.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dope. The vibe this song has is so good, almost timeless in a sense, even though it's not a 10/10 song (still good though).

After listening to it with the video, this might actually be what he needs.

nah hes just emo hes not very self aware of his problems.
What? CuDi is fully self aware. He talks about the drugs and all the issues with his upbringing all the time, as well as him contemplating death.

mooooose

Meh, he legitimately has severe mental illness. He's gonna be homeless soon, if he isn't already.

yeah thats what i mean but he needs to be on a leesh. like he could make interesting music but hes TOO fucked up. he went full retard. he needed a friend who could put him with his bs to manage his career.

mooooose

alsoo im really high right now but what does everyone think of a rapper who is unironically portrayed by a dog with no dog like qualities to his raps. think gorillaz but with a dog. i think it could work and be dope as fuck. imagine schoolboy q was just a dog with a bucket hat and glasses and collard greens was playing and the dog was "technically" rapping it

Esch

Banned
meh. animal/representation/character gimmicks are kinda played out. Only MF DOOM da genius could ever make it really work.

mooooose

but just a legitimate dog like a single dog on stage on a stool or something with acapellas blarring over the speakers no beats and its like a yorkie or something

no inclination in his music or name or anything is dog related it just so happens he is a dog and itsnot weird

mooooose

a self loathing yorkie dog that only raps under the spotlight a stool to acapellas is EXACTLY the kind of thing i could relate to

mooooose

i think that makes it even better because like everyone hates the dog too like the dog cant win and he knows it like his life is actually miserable

mooooose

Nah the pusha t is a demon OG stan post is still #1

dude if anyone has a link to this post i wanna reread it because i know exactly what freestyle i probably stanned over it was the funk master flex one where he talks about colosseum floors and his eyes bug out still the best freestyle ever

ajf009

I'm pretty big on hip hop, but never bothered posting much, mostly lurking. I did just discover an artist named Astronautalis. Been around awhile and I don't know how I never heard of him before, but damn I love just how different his stuff is. Check him out if you haven't already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom