• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoilBreak

Banned
Into the salty mines I go.
floydthinking.png

IrishNinja

that mooose post...damn
i mean i think ya'll are too hard on pharell sometimes but pusha...and that fishscale shot too? cmon now

dude, a yorkie? everyone hates little dogs. If it wasn't illegal i'd let my shep eat them.

i once had a house and raised dobies and huskies and was bout this life
i now have a comparatively smaller apt and a jack russel/maltese (basically the weapon x breed of small hyper dogs) and at a heavyweight division of 9 lbs i gotta say, when he growls at big dogs i know he's dumb but the 120-when-wet young irishninja trynna play defensive end in the day (rocking a wolverine necklace cause all them dudes was hulks out there, plus you know bout that herb life)...i respect his moxie, is all im sayin

i get where others dont, but i now see the other side. that's my dude right there. ima get a house of my own down the road and get big dogs again when i got a yard for em but he's coming along for the ride...man even a quarter acre of a yard out here for this little guy is gonna feel like some STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM NOW WE HEYAH type shit

...dead

Esch

Banned
Small dogs are annoying, contentious, needy bastards. My hope is to have one of those huge ass bernese swiss dogs; doubles as a footrest and my children will be able to use it as a form of transportation

CRS

Big dogs >>>>>>>>>>

Had a couple of Great Pyrenees and they were the best. Had them as puppies and eventually grew up to be huuuuge. About the size of a mastiff but a lot fluffier. Unfortunately, had to give them up.

I miss them. :(

Labradors are goat though and small dogs aren't bad but they're not great. They're like the J. Cole of the dog world. sometimes annoying, lacks any punch, always carried around by their owner, but they're still a dog and you gotta take care of them. I still have a black lab, brown lab, and an English mastiff.

Esch

Banned
Well. Maybe the two labs I know are stupid. My stupid test for dogs involves whether they run into glass doors frequently. Labs and dalmatians? All day baby.

iavi

*As soon as I can afford a dog, I'm getting the puppy huskie, but one that's poised to grow into the largest wolf ever. I'm gonna name him solace.

*has been thinking this one out for a bit.

Esch

Banned
I would say do not get a huskie unless you are fucking super committed. They require a ton of love and time and energy and basically need to make noise. Your neighbours will hate you for that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GAF-Hop, I am preparing to apply for grad school in the next few months and it's a fucking nightmare.

I'm up right now jotting down all the shit I have to do and it's mindblowing how much stuff you have to do and all the different deadlines to meet.

To make matters worse, I'm not exactly sure of the career goal, just want to go further with this psychology stuff. God fucking damn.

Give us a taste of your future hell, what are your assignemnt/deadlines looking like?

All the people I know that have decided on grad school basically had no life for the entirety of their coursework.

CRS

Well. Maybe the two labs I know are stupid. My stupid test for dogs involves whether they run into glass doors frequently. Labs and dalmatians? All day baby.
It's the lab's love for you that clouds its' vision and ignores any obstacle in its' way. Yeah, that's it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Give us a taste of your future hell, what are your assignemnt/deadlines looking like?

All the people I know that have decided on grad school basically had no life for the entirety of their coursework.
A lot of it is the usual, not really psych specific. Transcripts (different deadlines for everywhere they're going, be it universities or scholarships), provincial scholarship application, private scholarship applications, keeping up with reference letters, writing personalized letters of intent to each faculty after reading publications of 2-3 members from each to appeal to, emailing for if they're taking grad students or not, the actual application deadlines themselves, etc.

Just daunting and time consuming in general, much of which I can't start so early on as apps don't open up until later. Stressed the fuck out reading this shit. It kinda sucks not knowing exactly what the hell you want to do in life and just having vague interests.

Esch

Banned
It's the lab's love for you that clouds its' vision and ignores any obstacle in its' way. Yeah, that's it.

to be fair these labs were malnourished when they were young (rescues) so it's probably not the breed's fault.

@iavi f baby akita's are awesome. I love their facial expressions, shit kills me.

IrishNinja

Small dogs are annoying, contentious, needy bastards. My hope is to have one of those huge ass bernese swiss dogs; doubles as a footrest and my children will be able to use it as a form of transportation

i mean, i get that
i want a big ol malamute one day that intimidates people just hangin his head out the window of my truck, god knows that police-trained warlock doberman i had as a kid was awesome for making neighbors shook just hearing him bark

but meantime tiny dogs can be cool too

Having a trained dog is the best.

this all day; small dogs are shitty most times cause people don't train em...ive had a bitch've a time socializing this one, but he does what he's told around the house. my chick was like "WHY HE GOTTA PEE ONNA CARPET THO" woman you never had a dog and dont wanna walk him 2x a day a cause that shit wasnt kawaii desu ne or whatever the fuck...he's got a bladder the size of like my thumb, dude's gotta go sometimes dammit also fuck pick up these bras and shit, this place is a sty

*As soon as I can afford a dog, I'm getting the puppy huskie, but one that's poised to grow into the largest wolf ever. I'm gonna name him solace.

*has been thinking this one out for a bit.

I would say do not get a huskie unless you are fucking super committed. They require a ton of love and time and energy and basically need to make noise. Your neighbours will hate you for that.

^this is seriously sage advice right here, leaving a dog like that even in a big yard is just gonna make em salty. you gotta get out there & run with em, take em to dog parks and really put in time bonding...no lie, if you do, you'll have one of the most loyal beasts ive ever seen but they're crazy maintenance if you don't have the time or inclination. comparatively, ive had dobies & rotts that you can toss in the yard and forget about for a while and they're cool. i wish more people (at least out here) would research breeds & be realistic before getting whatever they come across and then giving it to the fuckin' pound later cause they didn't treat it right.

Esch

Banned

please say some of ya'll went in on dude, i cant even remember

i dont think anyone went in on either of them. when you see a post(s) that bad, you can't really debate them. It's basically a car crash in text form.

This other dude said that Pusha T>>>> Outkast. He must have been high as fuck.

Mooooose said the clipse had four 5 mic albums.

just think about the absurdity of that statement, and the only way to respond is:

this

PBY

Banned
Enzo- grad school is hard, but it's way overhyped. You'll be fine. Unless its med school, in which case I have no idea.

And English Bulldogs 4 lyfeeeee

codhand

someone brought a labradoodle pup into work yesterday

he crapped on the floor

i feel like macklemoore was in one of those old mini-wheat commercials

Esch

Banned
Been listening through Jay's catalogue pretty heavy in the weeks following MCHG (actually all of my old favorites, been avoiding new shit mostly for some reason).y'all who do plug probably noticed. It's been interesting. Changed my perspective on shit. I used to think Reasonable Doubt was his best, not so much anymore. It still has plenty of his best songs, his creme de la creme, but it feels really cribbed from various sources; G Rap, Nas, Bad Boy. The songs are dope in a vacuum, incredible really but that feeling of 'this is a defining moment' isn't there for me. He does have an album like that though. The Black Album is his finest, and one of the best of all time. The rapping is a compromise between the laid back ease of BP1 and the virtuosity of RD. The synergy he achieves between beat and flow is so ridiculous on here, it just has an effortless quality to it I haven't heard anywhere else. The song concepts are sharp, concise, no wasted meat. The production is of course perfect, in terms of engineering, diversity, and quality. I think I finally understand why this album got remixed to hell and back. As a career/life retrospective I think its unparalleled... Its catchy and involving, has depth but doesn't trip over itself reaching for the sun. I think I understand why Jay has so much trouble continuing artistically, having listened to this more.

New rankings:
TBA
RD
BP1
Vol 1
Dynasty
Vol 2
AG
BP2
Vol 3
MCHG
BP3
WTT
KC

As for magna carta, still havent found the hate for it like yall. Its a pop album basically. Its super cheesy, but it goes hard in the whip and it's still got some joints on it I like. Jay has pretty much taken a backseat, but I still like him on Crown, Heaven, Somewhere in america, fuckwithme, and Nickels and Dimes. I will say this though.. it's a shamelessly classist piece of music. I really wish Jay would genuinely address some of the things that are actually relevant in his life that nobody else can: dealing with the 1%, daily life with Beyonce, managing the roc. Its not a bad album, just needed more effort and some editing. Jay should use me as a consultant.

Damn that was hard to type on mobile

PBY

Banned
Been listening through Jay's catalogue pretty heavy in the weeks following MCHG (actually all of my old favorites, been avoiding new shit mostly for some reason).y'all who do plug probably noticed. It's been interesting. Changed my perspective on shit. I used to think Reasonable Doubt was his best, not so much anymore. It still has plenty of his best songs, his creme de la creme, but it feels really cribbed from various sources; G Rap, Nas, Bad Boy. The songs are dope in a vacuum, incredible really but that feeling of 'this is a defining moment' isn't there for me. He does have an album like that though. The Black Album is his finest, and one of the best of all time. The rapping is a compromise between the laid back ease of BP1 and the virtuosity of RD. The synergy he achieves between beat and flow is so ridiculous on here, it just has an effortless quality to it I haven't heard anywhere else. The song concepts are sharp, concise, no wasted meat. The production is of course perfect, in terms of engineering, diversity, and quality. I think I finally understand why this album got remixed to hell and back. As a career/life retrospective I think its unparalleled... Its catchy and involving, has depth but doesn't trip over itself reaching for the sun. I think I understand why Jay has so much trouble continuing artistically, having listened to this more.

New rankings:
TBA
RD
BP1
Vol 1
Dynasty
Vol 2
AG
BP2
Vol 3
MCHG
BP3
WTT
KC

As for magna carta, still havent found the hate for it like yall. Its a pop album basically. Its super cheesy, but it goes hard in the whip and it's still got some joints on it I like. Jay has pretty much taken a backseat, but I still like him on Crown, Heaven, Somewhere in america, fuckwithme, and Nickels and Dimes. I will say this though.. it's a shamelessly classist piece of music. I really wish Jay would genuinely address some of the things that are actually relevant in his life that nobody else can: dealing with the 1%, daily life with Beyonce, managing the roc. Its not a bad album, just needed more effort and some editing. Jay should use me as a consultant.

Damn that was hard to type on mobile

MCHG>WTT

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom