• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
WTT is boring except for New Day, No Church, and sometimes im feeling NiP. I don't feel like Ye and Jay have any chemistry, and I like the beats less overall.

PBY

Banned
WTT is boring except for New Day, No Church, and sometimes im feeling NiP. I don't feel like Ye and Jay have any chemistry, and I like the beats less overall.

No Church by itself is better than all of MCHG.

I feel like they have chemistry though.

Esch

Banned
Come to think of it, I dont really like Ye or Jay with anyone really. There are isolated incidents, like lupe and ye on Touch the Sky, and Rozay and Jay on a couple tracks. I did think Jay had some real chemistry with Biggie and Beans, but no one else really.

HiResDes

Kanye carries Jay and it works out considering that when Jay actually tries nowadays he sounds flabby and sick with flows that sound like an east-coast version of Silkk Da Shocker. Crunchy Black might do those beats more justice.

PBY

Banned
Come to think of it, I dont really like Ye or Jay with anyone really. There are isolated incidents, like lupe and ye on Touch the Sky, and Rozay and Jay on a couple tracks. I did think Jay had some real chemistry with Biggie and Beans, but no one else really.

I looove Pusha with Kanye. 2 Chainz x Yeezy is pretty good too

Esch

Banned
I must be off cause I dont remember a single Ye verse carrying anything. He was better on the album, but not really good in any real sense of the word. Maybe good in contrast, or good in a lazy 2pac letting charisma coast you way, or a Curren$y beat riding way. But not in any sort of way that is a show of impressive rapping skill or talent. As for Jay now, I thought he rapped just fine on Heaven and the BDKMV remix.

His voixe sounds weird though.

codhand

it was a bonus cut but NoIDs track Primetime on WTT is something i still play at obnoxious volumes.

Willie the Kid/Alchemist > > Prodigy/Alchemist.
I'm excited for step brothers, i like alc best with evidence,
gotta buy that willie ep, havent had time

was going with this thinking, but ive flipped. Einstein is fuckin dope. i love the laid back approach from prodigy.

it's not bad, but there's no quotables from prodigy, just boilerplate thuggery,
sad that i think alc and havok both had better verses than prodigy on their respective guest spots.

des i just saw this on the shelf and thought of this thread,
GEoj7JR.jpg

lol, sounds pretty good actually, like The Heist itself.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
a slipmat i ordered for my new turntable came in and the guys at Touch Vinyl threw this in with my order

photov3xyp.jpg

heh

Esch

Banned
i like both but WTT is all over the map with quality, and focus/direction

dead.png
at WTT being anywhere near Jay's top 5. That shit is lukewarm as hell, and doesn't hit the peaks on Dynasty, Vol 1-2, or even American Gangster really. You just have to really love Kanye production I guess, i didn't even like most of that.

DominoKid

Danny Brown talking about Big Sean's Detroit

Are you proud to be from Detroit?
I probably talked to you about this [for the FADER feature]. A lot of rappers are always about repping they hood, but for me it’s always about getting out the hood. I moved to Royal Oak, that’s where I still stay. I love Michigan. I might not like Detroit so much, but I love Michigan. Don’t get me wrong—I do love Detroit, I just know we got problems. You listen to how I talk about Detroit, and you listen to how a rapper like Big Sean talk about Detroit, and it’s like we’re talking about two different cities. Which is probably true, because Detroit is that type of city—he went to the best high school in the city, you know, he probably was real spoiled or sheltered, so it’s like two different worlds. He can look at it and talk about guap, and we don’t have any.

It’s funny, I don’t think of him as from Detroit. To me he’s just a rapper on the radio.
A lot of people in Detroit don’t consider him that either. They say he from LA now. He ain’t been to the hood in years, and I wouldn’t either if I was him, to be honest. It’s not a bad thing. I’m in the hood every day now, so I see the faces, I see the desperation. I have a studio now that’s five minutes from where I was born.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
GAF-Hop, I am preparing to apply for grad school in the next few months and it's a fucking nightmare.

I'm up right now jotting down all the shit I have to do and it's mindblowing how much stuff you have to do and all the different deadlines to meet.

To make matters worse, I'm not exactly sure of the career goal, just want to go further with this psychology stuff. God fucking damn.
I'm going to be doing this in two years in the same field (taking a break from school right now). Let me know how it goes breh.

i really hope that turns into a beef

I hope it doesn't, but I'm sure that's what it'll be portrayed as. He didn't "diss" Sean but it'll be marketed that way sadly.

DB is the most honest rapper in years. I was born in Detroit, lived there during my dad's residency in a very shitty neighborhood, literally next door to a prostitute house; and my mom was president of the block club, which guaranteed I was treated like shit by the kids. There's nothing in Sean's music that sounds like Detroit to me. I'm not saying he needs to be all negative, but he's a very one-note rapper. Especially with his party n bullshit singles.

thabiz

detroit is scary. i go very often being a wings fan, and also try to hit demf every year. walking around downtown past 3 is terrifying, because there is literally nobody around. its freaky. also almost got car jacked once. dude was leaning inside the window with his pistol out (was actually really nice about it) but my buddy floored it and the dude fell off the car. good times.

Esch

Banned
I hope it doesn't, but I'm sure that's what it'll be portrayed as. He didn't "diss" Sean but it'll be marketed that way sadly.
No,you gotta be kidding me. That's the best beef ever. The hypebeast versus the hipster. The guy who looks like he sucks dicks for crack versus the guy who just plain looks like he likes dicks. The pill head versus the pussy and patron rapper. I can't even think up a beef in rap right now that would be funnier; the disses out of both camps would be hilarious.

edit: huh, i remember listening to Wavves

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Run The Jewels wore thin on my quick. I don't know why. Even went back to it and something just isn't sticking for me, despite my judgment that it's really good.

PBY

Banned
Run The Jewels wore thin on my quick. I don't know why. Even went back to it and something just isn't sticking for me, despite my judgment that it's really good.
Not weird. Team up album, rappity punchline rap, no reaaal song making. Still dope, but it had the staying power of a slaughterhouse joint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom