• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What do you guys listen to when you work out? My only workout music is Amon Amarth, which is good, but I want some other stuff too

it used to be death.metal and anything that fell under that header, but lately it's just been whatever comes on random on my phone. I skip a lot of the slow shit, but if the BPM feels right then it stays on. Or one of Ace's Ignorant Mixes.

I am now finding out that Stay Trippy dripped everywhere. dammit. knew I shouldn't have shut my PC down for the day.

Esch

Banned
it used to be death.metal

dat suffocation / hellhammer workout

bow.gif

I enjoyed it too. Go for something more spacey and dirty next time! fuck clean mastering.

overcast

Personally it just depends on my mood, I mean I've ran listening to Kaleidoscope Dream. Lol. Don't really have a set playlist for working out. Just put it on shuffle and if I don't like the particular track I'll just hit skip.
This too depending on my mood. In general it's hype rap, but I've worked out to some low key stuff.

iavi

I enjoyed it too. Go for something more spacey and dirty next time! fuck clean mastering.

Haha, thanks. Making sure all levels were proper was actually my main exercise for that track. Still not there, but a lot better than my usual grime.

This too depending on my mood. In general it's hype rap, but I've worked out to some low key stuff.

There is no better genre to work out to than metal and its many variants, imo. Give me anything with that energy, and that grime and I'm going to put weight up like nothing else.

HiiiLife

Y'all have any dope burrito places where you guys live?

I say this as I'm getting this big ass burrito from a place called Betos.

That's all I have to say tbh. Brb eating burrito with carne asada fries while listening to Stay Trippy.

iavi

You can't go 3 feet in California without walking into a dank burrito joint.

That said, I had me some Chipotle's for lunch earlier.

Esch

Banned
Y'all have any dope burrito places where you guys live?

I say this as I'm getting this big ass burrito from a place called Betos.

That's all I have to say tbh. Brb eating burrito with carne asada fries while listening to Stay Trippy.

if i don't wanna eat tex mex i gotta drive like twenty minutes bro

Kwixotik

The only place to get burritos in my town is Taco Bell or one of those dime-a-dozen sit down Mexican restaurants that are all the same.

I need to relocate to a real city.

overcast

I fuck with Alberto's heavily in so cal. But that's cause they have spread everywhere around me.

Chimichangas, Carne Asada Fries, Cali Burritos. Good shit.

HiiiLife

The only place to get burritos in my town is Taco Bell or one of those dime-a-dozen sit down Mexican restaurants that are all the same.

I need to relocate to a real city.

I live in Salt Lake City breh. Yours can't be that bad, or can it? Lol. Where are you?

HiResDes

The best burrito in Cincy comes from a dive bar called Comet that has hosted many legendary drunk punk bands and some Cannibal Corpse esque shit too. It's weird, but their burrito's are undoubtedly the best along with having the best queso.

Esch

Banned
I live in Salt Lake City breh. Yours can't be that bad, or can it? Lol. Where are you?

You live in the southwest, of course you have good Mexican food at arm's reach lol

SLC is a real city too, not what sure you're on. You hosted the olympics.

iavi

I fuck with Alberto's heavily in so cal. But that's cause they have spread everywhere around me.

Chimichangas, Carne Asada Fries, Cali Burritos. Good shit.

I've yet to be to an Alberto's, but heard a lot of good things, and they were ALL over Sac when I was out there. I don't see any in the bay surprisingly.

Supposedly legit Mexican food, but in a fast food setting.

Esch

Banned
Rather live in Cali or Florida tbh.
Fuck that. The only reason to live in Cali is weed, and we off that. The only reason to live in Florida is Miami, and I wouldn't want to live in miami.

This weather isn't a good look sometimes. I hate snow.
Snow builds character.

Nowhere, Kentucky. It's pretty bad.

At least you got bourbon. Mail me a nice bottle of pappy, breh.

This track is awesome but meanders a little bit and could be chopped less. It sounds a little too Venetian Snaresy.

HiiiLife

Fuck that. The only reason to live in Cali is weed, and we off that. The only reason to live in Florida is Miami, and I wouldn't want to live in miami.

Maybe it's just the weather and the ocean because I was raised in Hawaii. And I'm over HI. Lol.

Snow builds character.

Only thing snow is building are piles for my ass to shovel everyday. I'm gucci on that. Lol. Well, after Tech School maybe I'll get stationed in Germany or some shit. Maybe then I'd develop an appreciation for snow.

Esch

Banned
Im not jealous. Ive spent probably a quarter of my total summers in LA. Yall (californians) suck.

You have good asian food though!

iavi

Californians do suck. That's no lie.

That southern hospitality is real, but the weather for you guys down there is bipolar as all fuck, and the bugs are too big. I did enjoy my stay down there, though. And Austin's been in the back of my mind as far as relocating goes. Probably going to take my ass up the coast to Seattle, though. Always loved that city.

IrishNinja

north cali's gorgeous tho

not gonna lie, i'dve bit if it woulda had that comic from ALL CAPS

ferg said he was 50 and he'd ja rule him, which is doubly insulting because q is the spiritual new 50. ferg is basically saying he cant be 50 because hes not from the east coast.

Yall NEED to check out Lupe's twitter for the past 2 hours or so.

He's gone off the reservation this time. Trying to put hits out on twitter in exchange for single art and shit.

damn, id lock my tweets down too

There is also a ridiculous stream of Stay Trippy lol.

Like an interactive game...

i think i unlocked the whole thing around 300k, had to let the side bitches go...i like that in juicy j's world i can leave the strip with 60k more than when i started, but paint plays a big part there

CRS

Im not jealous. Ive spent probably a quarter of my total summers in LA. Yall (californians) suck.

You have good asian food though!

Y'all need to explore Cali outside of LA. Central coast is where it's at. No noise and you can see the moon and stars at night. Perfect weather to sit outside, listen to some music, and smoke a bowl (or drink in your case.)

Californians do suck. That's no lie.

That southern hospitality is real, but the weather for you guys down there is bipolar as all fuck, and the bugs are too big. I did enjoy my stay down there, though. And Austin's been in the back of my mind as far as relocating goes. Probably going to take my ass up the coast to Seattle, though. Always loved that city.

I really want to do a cross-country road trip. A suitcase with some clothes and just drive. Really tempted to start saving and do this within a few years.

Forgot to add, fuck y'all. Californians don't suck, the entire world does.

I'm not even big on Mexican food, let alone authentic Mexican, but Tex-Mex can't hang with authentic Mexican food. My grandma and aunts made better Mexican food than I have had at any restaurant.

HiiiLife

The mothers and or female relatives shouldn't count when debating how delicious a meal is. We all gonna say our moms cook the best. Lol. Cause I know my mom whips up the nicest Hawaiian dishes.

iavi

Tex-Mex is mostly better than Authentic Mexican, and I can say this confidently having lived in Houston for about a year.

Stockholm syndrome. Don't let those Cincinnati buds cloud your judgment, fam.

I'm not even big on Mexican food, let alone authentic Mexican, but Tex-Mex can't hang with authentic Mexican food. My grandma and aunts made better Mexican food than I have had at any restaurant.

I've actually become a big proponent of homemade Mexican food lately. The restaurants have the artistry, but the food's never fresh, and you can taste that. Getting it done at home where you've got some idea of how long those ingredients have been dead is best.

That goes for all food, though.

I have no emotional bias, I haven't seen some of my aunts in years and I didn't grow up on their food, I only had it the few times we had Xmas at my grandma's (maybe 3 or 4 times) and she forced all her daughters and daughter in laws in the kitchen from early in the morning to hand make tamales. A lot of those women were from the 'If you want a man, you better be a maid and a chef" generation.

My mom's sisters would beg her to get them leftovers from my dad's mom's get togethers. My aunts and grandma on my dad's side had other Mexicans begging for day old basic ass Mexican food. I've never heard of such a thing.

HiResDes

Well I've heard that Pappasito's is more Tex-Mex than authentic mexican and if that's true then I will not rescind my statement. The food, especially beef and seafood doesn't get any fresher than Houston where the Gulf and prominent livestock lend itself well to all of the various restaurants.

HiResDes

I spend at least a month in Houston every year...And have since I was 10...Oh the Corpus Christy line, maybe, but I've had food in El Paso that was ass!

IrishNinja

haha that sounds about right

houston's nice but all i remember from there was that indoor ice skating rink and rodeos, never did get to see austin but i hear it's cool there too

Well I've heard that Pappasito's is more Tex-Mex than authentic mexican and if that's true then I will not rescind my statement. The food, especially beef and seafood doesn't get any fresher than Houston where the Gulf and prominent livestock lend itself well to all of the various restaurants.

Looked it up and it looks really good.

I'm probably gonna have to get Mexican this weekend.

CRS

I spend at least a month in Houston every year...And have since I was 10...Oh the Corpus Christy line, maybe, but I've had food in El Paso that was ass!

:(

All this food talk is making me miss Mexico. Drinking in the town square with the family with a food cart making torta ahogada's around the corner. Amazing.

Carnitas, birria, pozole, etc. is goat (pun intended)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom