• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Listening to Stay Trippy and jesus so many of these songs are generic as fuck with hooks that make K.R.I.T. look like Michael Jackson. I mean So Much Money.. WAX WAX PUT EM ON WAX.. SMH. The lyrics on the hook for So Much Money could work but the delivery is just awful.

Only good songs:
Gun Plus A Mask w/Yeller
Smoke A Nigga (if we forget about the Wiz verse)
Show Out (by far and away the best on the album, SotY candidate)
Second half of Money A Do It
Bandz A Make Her Dance
Scholarship

Speaking of Yelawolf, y'all see the Breakfast Club interview where he talks about Yelawolf coming at him over using a deer? The struggle is real.

Also Kanye getting sued over the LAX thing. Press conference in half an hour.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We all said it was gonna happen. That scum bag was smiling about it right afterwards.
Can't wait to hear his BS argument about his life being threatened or some shit when Kanye basically gave the dude a hug and put him on the ground gently.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Can't weight to hear his BS argument about his life being threatened or some shit when Kanye basically gave the dude a hug and put him on the ground gently.

Well, I mean, would YOU want Kanye West holding you tight and gently laying you to the ground?

peterb0y, don't answer. We already know.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Lolololol ^^^^

Can't weight to hear his BS argument about his life being threatened or some shit when Kanye basically gave the dude a hug and put him on the ground gently.
Lol Kanye wasn't even swinging which is what any of us would've done. That would've been a solid case. I expect Kanye to get away with this though.

My last post was a fake I just copied and edited a few things to make it seems like the same thing happened to Take Care, lol.

Not sure if it is delayed or not. But a lot of online stores are changing the date to 9.24.13 though.

I was gonna say that it sounded familiar lol

WanderingWind

The man who took me and in and raised me, got me through high school and even co-signed the loan for my college loan passed away today. Not my dad, but acted like it when my real dad bailed on my mom and then when my stepdad was too fucked up from the PTSD to handle a teenager.

Man. Don't even know

Esch

Banned
The man who took me and in and raised me, got me through high school and even co-signed the loan for my college loan passed away today. Not my dad, but acted like it when my real dad bailed on my mom and then when my stepdad was too fucked up from the PTSD to handle a teenager.

Man. Don't even know
Sounds like a dad to me. I'm sorry to hear that.

Stay strong man.

coldvein

Banned

Man. Don't even know

damn. sorry for your loss dude..

Man. Don't even know

Oh damn, sorry to hear that. Good he got to see you grow up since he clearly cared a lot

cdyhybrid

Man. Don't even know

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like one hell of a dude.

DominoKid

projections

Earl Sweatshirt (Columbia) 55-60k - about what i expected
A$AP Ferg (RCA) 30-35k - more than what i expected

Man. Don't even know

Damn.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Man. Don't even know
Sounds like a dad to me. I'm sorry to hear that.

Stay strong man.
^This.

Keep ya head up, brother.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Man. Don't even know
Sorry for your loss.

WanderingWind

Thanks guys. Better now.

Funny though, my stepdad was in the military and Don (the man who just passed) was in marketing. I'm in the military working marketing.

Funny how those things don't really come together in your head until you think about it.

Appreciate the support, bros.

HiResDes

Fuck Yes.

fuck i am hungover

did des ever make that rock music OT
Someone else made it before

This Fat Trel is a lot more consistent than his last. His last project still has his best songs tho

Yeah I agree, though he kept Xtacee and this other awesome track for Self Made Vol. 3 I believe

overcast

Man. Don't even know
Sounds like a great guy. You were lucky to have him around, and for him to do that... Incredible. Sorry for your loss my dude.

Program director

:jnc

Rap IS pop now. Sure there are some stations that just play that soft rock/pop shit, but if you're playing Justin Bieber and Miguel you're probably also playing Jay-Z and Nicki Minaj. Obvious Macklemore probably gets more leeway; my favorite local rock station plays the Beastie Boys but you'd never hear them play Run DMC for instance. So overall rap is everywhere on the radio, Cole has nothing to complain about.

kamspy

Stay Trippy is dope, but it seems like a lot of people didn't listen to Blue Dream or Rubberband Business. Outside of the more industry features, it's just more Juice.

Which is a good thing.

Stay Trippy is dope, but it seems like a lot of people didn't listen to Blue Dream or Rubberband Business. Outside of the more industry features, it's just more Juice.

Which is a good thing.

It's awesome how he didn't sacrifice his sound for this album. It's like a more polished blue dream and lean for me.

It's my birthday today. I'm just gonna drink and listen to this album. And pour one out for wanderingwind's father figure

Edit: raiders vs hawks is great but 3/4 of it is literally just the hook haha

Tokubetsu

Cole at 560k. Will he go platinum? I doubt it, but if handled correctly Crooked Smile and She Knows should do well. There was a thread on The Coli about rappers needing to follow the Cacklemore strategy of releasing multiple singles/videos. Doesn't work if you aren't hot, but a lot of rappers have really dope potential singles on their albums that they don't release. A Crooked Smile video should have been out a long time ago, but Cole/Roc Nation fucked that up. Everyone knows Drake will completely shut things down the minute he drops his album, now is the time to strike...

I think it maybe a budget thing? A lot of dudes seem to want to spend their whole budget or one or two singles when they should be spreading it.

I bought both Ferg & Doris. Did my parts. Want to get a physical of Stay Trippy but Best Buy edition is the only one with One of Those Nights and there aren't any super close to me.

Macca

Blue Dream and Lean was dope, but had quite a few filler tracks. Shit was too long, but for a mixtape I don't have a problem with it.

Stay Trippy is that sound, just focused, with the best songs making it.

Doris is eh, alright. Some good tracks but a lot that are just...there. Nothing is "bad." Not as monotone as I was expecting, given the complaints, but then again I have no problem with monotone rap.

While listening I couldn't help but reflect on the influence DOOM has had on a lot of young rap recently. Earl, Bishop Nehru*, Wati Heru Vince Staples, etc give me that vibe.

overcast

I'm definitely copping a physical of Stay Trippy. Favorite album of the August rush. I think I like every song except the Chris Brown one (which is pretty terrible).

Stay Trippy...

Eddie-Murphy-Raw.png

overcast

Guys, this girl from work is making some obvious swings at going on a date with me. Kinda not feeling it (she's cute, but she doesn't have curves).

Hooking up with girls from work seems dangerous as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom