• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

We don't get any of the good American franchises across the pond. They opened a five guys in London and shit has a queue going outside and round the building.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I've never had any type of mexican food.
Change that.

Dead of the morning workouts fucking suck. I gotta go into the office early today and I switched up my workout to 430am and probably for the rest of the week.

People weren't meant to be awake and working out right then.

I need to hit a bowl before listening to Doris next time, perfect weed music. Love how he doesn't really mention OF much but Tyler is all about that, haha.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
This year is over, Juicy J is gunna drop the AOTY.

Push Oxy to January 2014, shits done.

Dereck

I need to hit a bowl before listening to Doris next time, perfect weed music. Love how he doesn't really mention OF much but Tyler is all about that, haha.
I never noticed that. Earl only says Golf Wang at the end of Sasquatch. I think that's it for the whole album.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Stay Trippy is good.

The new Goodie Mob...ughh fucking Cee-Lo's weird ass fingers are all over it. Last two tracks are fantastic, but the rest of the album has so much fuckery it would make Kanye blush.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
New Goodie sounds like will.I.am produced it.

It's some embarrassing shit. Father Time and Understanding both sound like what I would expect a modern goodie mob song to sound like. Both are smooth as fuck. The rest of the album is just a mess.

codhand

we got this one franchise called Jake's Wayback (i've only ever seen one), it's like the opposite presentation of Five Guys greasy bag in warehouse approach.

double post for the burger life, come at me

Goodie Mob really should have just used another DF member on one monkey don't stop a show. It wasn't a bad album at all

I bet Age against Machines isn't even bad Lyrically just it sounds like an absolute mess

T Dollarz

I'm sitting here, just got off a 9 hour shift, stoned and bored. Can I get some homies to come jam?

http://plug.dj/gaf-hop/

rick-ross.gif

Really does seem like right now is the only time Jay Elec should release the album.

If not now well he can fucking keep it and Just Blaze can keep using it as his ringtones. No one will care anymore.

Guess it would be the perfect time to release that album huh? lmao

Seems Kendrick's control verse gave his album the boost to go Platinum.

Kendrick Lamar's "Control" Verse Helps Him Control The Charts

Kendrick Lamar's "Control" verse may have had had an impact on his sales. Since his verse on the Big Sean track leaked, the TDE rapper saw an increase in sales that catapulted his critically-acclaimed 2012 album, good kid, m.A.A.d. city, back into the Top 40. The jump from #52 to #36 came on a week that had Lamar as the center of discussions within the genre. He was also the main focus of several rappers' response tracks after he said he was the "King of New York" and the "King of the Coast." Rapper responses came from a slew of artists, including Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, Lupe Fiasco, Papoose and Cassidy. All of the chatter around Lamar and the verse appears to have allowed him to also control the charts as good kid, m.A.A.d. city broke the million mark to be certified platinum. This is Aftermath Entertainment's first platinum album since 2010's Eminem's Recovery (interestingly, their last release), and a first for Top Dawg Entertainment, K.Dot's longtime backer.

Hip Hop Album Sales: The Week Ending 8/18/2013

#2. K. Michelle - Rebellious Soul - 72,000 (72,000)

#4. Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines - 48,000 (291,000)

#6. Jay Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail - 37,000 (882,000)

#14. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist - 16,000 (998,000)

#28. Hoodie Allen - Americoustic EP - 11,000 (11,000)

#33. Tech N9ne - Something Else - 10,000 (85,000)

#36. Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d. city - 9,000 (1,000,000)

#61. Kanye West - Yeezus - 6,000 (510,000)

#76. Stevie Stone - 2 Birds, 1 Stone - 4,700 (4,700)

#131. Aubrey O'Day - Between Two Evils - 3,000 (3,000)

Source

Cole at 560k. Will he go platinum? I doubt it, but if handled correctly Crooked Smile and She Knows should do well. There was a thread on The Coli about rappers needing to follow the Cacklemore strategy of releasing multiple singles/videos. Doesn't work if you aren't hot, but a lot of rappers have really dope potential singles on their albums that they don't release. A Crooked Smile video should have been out a long time ago, but Cole/Roc Nation fucked that up. Everyone knows Drake will completely shut things down the minute he drops his album, now is the time to strike...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cole at 560k. Will he go platinum? I doubt it, but if handled correctly Crooked Smile and She Knows should do well. There was a thread on The Coli about rappers needing to follow the Cacklemore strategy of releasing multiple singles/videos. Doesn't work if you aren't hot, but a lot of rappers have really dope potential singles on their albums that they don't release. A Crooked Smile video should have been out a long time ago, but Cole/Roc Nation fucked that up. Everyone knows Drake will completely shut things down the minute he drops his album, now is the time to strike...
Coincidentally, Cole talks about reshooting his Crooked Smile video and why Macklemore changed the game.

ecurbj

Drakes album did get pushed back to Sept. 24th.

Doesn't want dat GTA fuckin up his release.

This is what Drake said why he is pushing the release to 9.24.13

The new date for Nothing Was The Same is September 24th, 2013. I managed to create this album in my hometown of Toronto and the thoughts and stories I wanted to get across just became so clear. It truly felt like when I was here 5 years ago making So Far Gone. So I have completed 19 songs (17 on physical and 2 on bonus), and have run into a roadblock of clearing 3 samples in time to make the September 17th date. My options were to take the songs off or to take an extra couple weeks to get the paper work right and give you the album they way I NEED you to hear it. The choice was clear as day for me. September 24th you will get Nothing Was The Same the exact way I created it with no trimmings. This music means too much to me to get attached to dates and I do apologize for the delay but I promise that it is only for the benefit of our experience together. Would You Like A Tour will also be moved to when students are back from the Summer break so that I can get to more schools. New dates will be released in the next week...see you all soon.

And for anyone wanting a streaming link to Juicy J's Stay Trippy album, here it http://www.audiomack.com/album/onethrone/stay-trippy

PD? I'm blanking, what does that stand for.

Cole is over thinking shit. I can't think of any songs like Crooked Smile out right now...but there have been some in the past. Hell Drake's Best I Ever Had with the "even with no makeup on, that's when you're the prettiest" line from years ago...

overcast

Wait how is Thrift Shop relate-able? I can see why it's a hit, but I don't really get why Cole would think that would help with Crooked Smile.

ecurbj

Cole always blaming PDs.

Drake's team must slack like hell on clearances. Didn't the same thing happen for Take Care?

My last post was a fake I just copied and edited a few things to make it seems like the same thing happened to Take Care, lol.

Not sure if it is delayed or not. But a lot of online stores are changing the date to 9.24.13 though.

PD? I'm blanking, what does that stand for.

Cole is over thinking shit. I can't think of any songs like Crooked Smile out right now...but there have been some in the past. Hell Drake's Best I Ever Had with the "even with no makeup on, that's when you're the prettiest" line from years ago...
Program director

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom