• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
can anyone in here confirm if Kanye is really gonna do a performance inspired by the Travyon Martin case at the VMAs?

newslavestrayvonmartinpost1.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm definitely copping a physical of Stay Trippy. Favorite album of the August rush. I think I like every song except the Chris Brown one (which is pretty terrible).
Yea, if I could like etch it off the CD with a knife I would.

Guys, this girl from work is making some obvious swings at going on a date with me. Kinda not feeling it (she's cute, but she doesn't have curves).

Hooking up with girls from work seems dangerous as hell.

Tell her you think she's cute but are hesitant to date with people at work. If you're lucky she might tell you she just wants to fuck, nothing more.

kamspy

It's awesome how he didn't sacrifice his sound for this album. It's like a more polished blue dream and lean for me.

That's almost the only qualm I have with it. It's not bad by any means, but I've got prolly 50 tracks that sound damn similar. I was hoping this album would be Juicy kinda branching out a little bit. But I'll take the polished ratchet shit all day. Nice to see the Pat feature, and I wonder how long he's been stashing that Pimp C verse. Overall it's like a J mixtape without tags. But I dunno if I'd rather have GANGSTA GRILLZZZ or Chris Brown hooks.

Juicy is a one trick pony, but it's a goddam good trick. I'm really thinking on it, and I can only come up with a couple artists who've been able to reinvent themselves with the amount of success he has. This is at least his third trip to the top.

Underground Triple 6 Mafia
Above ground Ridin Spinnaz / I Get High Three 6 Mafia
Wiz's ratchet uncle

Check out dat original Juice yall

TRpoXRJ.jpg

Wonder why A$AP Mob don't hit him or Paul up for collabs before Bone. Also fuck people who think A$AP Mob ripped their style for Raider Clan. You can't jack a poorly jacked style, then do it better and it still be jacked. Universe don't work that way.

I was hoping stay trippy would be a different flavored juice, but I'm cool with getting a quality serving of a juice I know and like.

DominoKid

^ not lying. i cant wait to get a job and just be done not smoking. there's a few albums this summer i really would love to hear high as fuck.

overcast

^ not lying. i cant wait to get a job and just be done not smoking. there's a few albums this summer i really would love to hear high as fuck.
I tend to think too much when high, so I've avoided it. Though if I were to do it, this is the time, far away from even getting close to a job. So we'll see.
Tell her you think she's cute but are hesitant to date with people at work. If you're lucky she might tell you she just wants to fuck, nothing more.

What's the dilemma, fuck her with a rubber.
Yeah, I am going to try and do this. Might be out of there (the job) pretty soon anyway, hopefully.

Tokubetsu

That's almost the only qualm I have with it. It's not bad by any means, but I've got prolly 50 tracks that sound damn similar. I was hoping this album would be Juicy kinda branching out a little bit. But I'll take the polished ratchet shit all day. Nice to see the Pat feature, and I wonder how long he's been stashing that Pimp C verse. Overall it's like a J mixtape without tags. But I dunno if I'd rather have GANGSTA GRILLZZZ or Chris Brown hooks.

Juicy is a one trick pony, but it's a goddam good trick. I'm really thinking on it, and I can only come up with a couple artists who've been able to reinvent themselves with the amount of success he has. This is at least his third trip to the top.

Underground Triple 6 Mafia
Above ground Ridin Spinnaz / I Get High Three 6 Mafia
Wiz's ratchet uncle

Check out dat original Juice yall

TRpoXRJ.jpg

Wonder why A$AP Mob don't hit him or Paul up for collabs before Bone. Also fuck people who think A$AP Mob ripped their style for Raider Clan. You can't jack a poorly jacked style, then do it better and it still be jacked. Universe don't work that way.

I was hoping stay trippy would be a different flavored juice, but I'm cool with getting a quality serving of a juice I know and like.

The interview he did with Fader awhile back was great. He was talking about how this is basically his third time as millionaire/being hot.

kamspy

Hopefully workplace drug testing evolves in lockstep with the end of cannabis prohibition as more states get with it.

Esch, watch the Juicy breakfast club interview and take a shot every time he says "cash".

I think if that word is that ingrained into your vocabulary, you can't not get it.

Esch

Banned
Meh, I don't miss weed, except for the really good sleep.

Listening to Stay Trippy with some scotch on the rocks, feels fucking ace.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

kamspy

The interview he did with Fader awhile back was great. He was talking about how this is basically his third time as millionaire/being hot.

Drake really going after that Illmatic, Ready to Die thing, except in the style of a children's book.

I really wish he didn't make songs I like.

Esch

Banned
If you're willing to listen to that mediocre ass Big Sean album you should be willing to listen to the A-tier pop-rap album that is Take Care. Shit is ass backwards.
Big Sean is a corny rapper with some good bars when he wants to. He earned me listening to him with FF vol 3, etc. When I put on a Big Sean album I know what I'm getting, a goofy cut with some hot beats. I'm not signing up for the technically shitty crooning, or the rapping about going through women's purses. it's that simple.

HiResDes

Big Sean hasn't ever made a good retail album...And FF Vol. 3 came out eons ago. Dude is good on features but his albums and even his singles aren't touching Drake. You were willing to listen to the Weeknd talk about the same shit, just straight up ass backwards. Drake's beats are just as good, his choruses are entirely better, and his albums doesn't even get as cornball as that Medium Sean, who's stuck making Graduation b-sides and Nicki Minaj like pop-trap anthems.

kamspy

I'm with you morally, but I can't help but listen to the shit. Thankfully I genuinely don't like that new, wannabe old school 2 step shit he put out. Dodged that bullet. But Started From the Bottom, Versace and 5 AM all got me.

He Kanye'd the fuck out of Versace, but Migo's won't get famous like Keef did.

HiResDes

Morality in hip-hop makes as much sense as morality in the Old Testament of the Bible. Migos is blowing up people's playlists in the clubs, they could definitely chart some hit singles, just not a hit album.

Esch

Banned
Big Sean hasn't ever made a good retail album...And FF Vol. 3 came out eons ago. Dude is good on features but his albums and even his singles aren't touching Drake.
Sorry bro, never liked a single verse, song, or album written by duke. I listened to So Far Gone, that's enough for me. I like Started from the Bottom, but that's it. I It's like his Fireman to me.

You were willing to listen to the Weeknd talk about the same shit, just straight up ass backwards.
Weeknd has really interesting production and a nice voice, but I have always criticised Weeknd for not writing his shit out and having two sources of subject matter. I'm not the biggest fan of guy, to be honest. He peaked with that first mixtape.
I'm with you morally, but I can't help but listen to the shit. Thankfully I genuinely don't like that new, wannabe old school 2 step shit he put out. Dodged that bullet. But Started From the Bottom, Versace and 5 AM all got me.

He Kanye'd the fuck out of Versace, but Migo's won't get famous like Keef did.

I don't give a fuck about morality really. He's just wack to me.

Morality in hip-hop makes as much sense as morality in the Old Testament of the Bible.
Unless your albums are bankrolled by Samsung, then you're Shaitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom