• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

It's obviously Krayzie though.

Bizzy and Layzie don't deserve it since they dropped those mediocre albums/tapes with the "Mr."s and "Lil"s in Cali.

I wanna agree with you but Bizzy is actually my favorite member lol.

aw see namin groups is kinda cheatin tho

Alright. Bizzy (Sorry CRS), Q-Tip, Andre 3K and Pos solely because I rapped plug one and my older brother rapped plug two on 3 Feet High and Rising. Lol.

Wait, people on Twitter are saying Tuscan Leather is a 12 minute intro? Yo. Long ass song.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Top 10?

E-40
Ice Cube
Meth
Nas
Luda
Busta
DOC
Cold 187
Eightball
Em

IrishNinja

Busta's a great call. murders guest features of multiple genres/eras, fun albums, and like every bgi remix/everyone-goes-in track (points, flava remix etc..he shoulda been on 4,3,2,1) ...when he came back with "got you all in check" shit was so dope. dude adds something to every track he's on

i was just hearing some leaders of the new school the other day & totally got the vibe that charlie brown thought he was that dude, wonder it was like watching busta rise up instead

Top 10 Favorite? After thinking about it, my taste is all over the place...

2Pac
Black Thought
Brotha Lynch Hung
DJ Quik
King Tee
Krayzie Bone
Masta Ace
Nas
Q-Tip
Tech N9ne

HiiiLife

Reminiscing with your friends and family is the greatest until you realize the shit happened over ten years ago then you further realize that you're old as hell now. Man. Shits just weird fam. Time flies.

Detox

Nas, Jeezy, Pac, Cube, Eminem, Guru, DMX, Kool G Rap, T.I and Ghostface.

If someone told me I can only listen to ten artists for the rest of my life the ten above give me music for any type of mood I'll be in.

effzee

Nice to see Luda get some mentions. Speaking of him is he still making music? Or is he a full time actor?

I'd love to get another album from him. He never put it together in a total package but personally he is such a fun listen. His 3-4 good songs almost always make up for the crap on the album.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Nice to see Luda get some mentions. Speaking of him is he still making music? Or is he a full time actor?

I'd love to get another album from him. He never put it together in a total package but personally he is such a fun listen. His 3-4 good songs almost always make up for the crap on the album.
Amen

Busta and him are the same in that regard

Ludaversal is suppose to drop this year

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Yeah he's still trying to make music. In a rut where he can't get the right single though. He put out a string of weekly singles that eventually encompassed a mixtape and it got nowhere since all of it was sub-par.

Rooster12

1. 94-98 Nas
2. Cee-Lo
3. Killa Sin
4. 86 - 99 Rakim
5. Big Pun
6. Method Man
7. Eminem
8. Killah Priest
9. Ill Bill
10. Mac (of No Limit)

effzee

Yeah he's still trying to make music. In a rut where he can't get the right single though. He put out a string of weekly singles that eventually encompassed a mixtape and it got nowhere since all of it was sub-par.

He used to be able to crank out a funny good sounding single. Now I think he seems to have lost interest. Or he got tired of the southern rap label and tried to branch out but it backfired.

Dereck

He used to be able to crank out a funny good sounding single. Now I think he seems to have lost interest. Or he got tired of the southern rap label and tried to branch out but it backfired.
That sounds accurate.

He should just do a track with Field Mob for a single, whenever Field Mob is on the same track with Ludacris they rip it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P5wGjmz0zA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kH_EZF0XqM

I wanna slap you in the mouf
You singled out a rapper on a horrible joke rapper list

Rooster12

What the heck is Slug's appeal anyways....I don't get it.

Is it because he's honest?

Because Brother Ali is much better than him in my opinion.

Mr.Swag

Banned

I love Luda as well.
Release therapy was his last album that was really good tho.
Theater of the mind was boring. Battle of the sexes was fun, but easy rap.

He made a mix tape, 1.21 jigawats that was alright

HiiiLife

You were like what 6 when that game came out?

Yup around there. Same with reminiscing about Turok. I mean I guess 21 is a fairly young age still, maybe cause I'm turning 22 soon and for whatever reason, life seems like its moving fast all of a sudden. Felt like that realization wouldn't settle until after college lol.

CRS

Your Top 10 Favorite Lists:

1. Toku's 10 albums better than GKMC
2. Top 7 names for Des' baby
3. Top 3 worst GAF-Hop blow ups
4. 100 albums worse than Man on the Moon
5. Top 10 Bandcamp links by thabiz
6. Top 8 reasons why Bone Thugs > Wu-Tang
7. Top 25 classics of the 2000s
8. Top 10 smilies
9. Top 6 Darkest people in hip hop by PD
10. Top 10 Message Boards

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yup around there. Same with reminiscing about Turok. I mean I guess 21 is a fairly young age still, maybe cause I'm turning 22 soon and for whatever reason, life seems like its moving fast all of a sudden. Felt like that realization wouldn't settle until after college lol.

"fairly young"

Penguin, you're barely old enough to drink, you can't rent a car in many states and you're in college.

Seriously. Shut the fuck up about feeling old already. You're not.

HiiiLife

"fairly young"

Penguin, you're barely old enough to drink, you can't rent a car in many states and you're in college.

:(

Kiss Land is great. Didn't expect to like it as much as I do but here I am 4 or 5 listens deep.

I've been playing it all day yesterday. I really feel the first three tracks are the best. Professional and Adaptation are fucking flames. But I think the songs I liked on EoS are doper than the songs I like on Kissland. It's too hard to top Same Old Song, Next and Initiation for me. But it ain't a bad debut from Abel. Certainly had low expectations. Didn't leave disappointed.

Esch

Banned
"fairly young"

You must have missed a month or two back when all these Nickelodeon kids were having quarter life crises and shit. Like smdh you arent even 30

WanderingWind

You must have missed a month or two back when all these Nickelodeon kids were having quarter life crises and shit. Like smdh you arent even 30

You try to avoid that shit, because you know some 50 year old on here is like "what I wouldn't give to be 32 again!"

But I mean, 21 talking about being old? Nah. Nah.

I wonder if Slug looks at Cacklemore's success and wonders wtf went wrong. I never in a million years would imagine a blatant backpack rapper dominating the pop charts.

WanderingWind

I wonder if Slug looks at Cacklemore's success and wonders wtf went wrong. I never in a million years would imagine a blatant backpack rapper dominating the pop charts.

There has got to be some saltiness. When Life Gives You Lemons went gold over a year's time, I believe, and was by far the best success Atmosphere had and probably ever will again. Mackle Da Gawd went plat in the same amount of time and he's positioned to plat the next record if it's not garbage.

Esch

Banned
Lmao Nick kid. Almost everyone here is a Nick kid with the exception of 6 or so members.
I didnt have cable until I was ~12/13, my parents thought it was trash. Kind of a good move in retrospect. I'd like to partially attribute my dislike of Kid Cudi and Lupe Fiasco to such things.

There are a couple differences. The backpack field is wide open right now, compared to the naughties when everyone was rapping about car payments over their acoustic guitar beats. Who else is gonna take Cacklemore's cake. Cunninglynguists? lmao. The biggest thing is that his music is ultimately positive and therefore refreshing. Go listen to Atmosphere and all that shit again. It's all about being an alcoholic lame loser with childcare payments. It's 'real' but nobody cares about that shit because everyone's struggling with it. At the end of the day, audiences turn to rap music for fantasy purposes, not reality. Cacklemore on the other hand is John Lennon rap; it's overwhelmingly optimistic and friendly, squeaky clean and naive in an era where radio rap is all about taking club drugs and date raping bitches or rapping about being a fucking pussy like Drake or J. Cole. It's a perfect storm, but guys like Atmosphere, Jedi Mind Tricks etc would never have made it. They're too self obsessed and depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom