• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya'll gotta at least drop one Kurupt LP for all those noms

Kurupt is a weird one tho, dude kills features and group/duo albums.

Those old Dogg Pound albums were so underrated. Dogg Food is a classic. Daz produced all of it I remember right. Classic Doggystyle beats all round. I love giving that album to people who loved Doggystyle and never listened to Dogg Pound. Shit is what the Snoops follow up should have been.

Kurupts recent album with Quik was dope too.

That Got My Mind Made Up song from All Eyez On Me was a cut song from Dogg Food. Lady of Rage and Inspectah Deck were featured on the original.

IrishNinja

0TG55HF.jpg

damn...red eye ratio like a marley fest at this one, wish we'd see some love like this out here

no one can accept this challenge, cause shit's dope

Kurupt is a weird one tho, dude kills features and group/duo albums.

Those old Dogg Pound albums were so underrated. Dogg Food is a classic. Daz produced all of it I remember right. Classic Doggystyle beats all round. I love giving that album to people who loved Doggystyle and never listened to Dogg Pound. Shit is what the Snoops follow up should have been.

Kurupts recent album with Quik was dope too.

That Got My Mind Made Up song from All Eyez On Me was a cut song from Dogg Food. Lady of Rage and Inspectah Deck were featured on the original.

aw see i was suspecting it was this, like how you can love luda and busta more for features and singles than a whole album. i still get happy when big pimpin' from the above the rim OST comes on. think i slept on the kurupt/quik one though, have to look that one up

and to that last bit - for freal? is the original out there anywhere? i love mef's verse on the final version but everyone on the track just goes

mooooose

I didn't love 12 Reasons to Die, but at the end of the year, do you think it'll show up on blogs as one of the best hip hop albums? Shit got solid scores everywhere, has a near 80 on metacritic. Damn good for what it is.

HiResDes

If Jay Electronica's album is really done and all and he's just being played by the label then he should just leak it and hope that people will support him through touring.

IrishNinja

i got a strong list going from kams & des, plus des post over here...hip hop backlog for days...and yeah kams, that beatnuts is at the top of the list man

ps that plug is dead, i obviously came back way to LTTP haha

Jay Elec is who is stopping it from releasing. Just Blaze said he had to force dude just to release the shit that got him big.

see to me that reads like he doesn't stand by the rest of it...could be wrong, maybe jay really just is that dude but maybe all the hype scared him off his filler material

Jitters

Do you guys think its weird how so many rappers are in everyone's top 10??? Like, I feel like if it was "top 10 rock bands", it would be a different story. You know what I mean? Why do you think that is?

HiResDes

Do you guys think its weird how so many rappers are in everyone's top 10??? Like, I feel like if it was "top 10 rock bands", it would be a different story. You know what I mean? Why do you think that is?

I really can't tell if you'r'e being serious or not

Dereck

I don't know how to interpret this question, I can't tell if it's incorrect or what it's actually asking.

I dunno. I would feel the way you do if it were the same bands in everyone's top 10 but rappers? Nah, not too many rappers have long and consistent discographies. So it isn't a surprise

HiResDes

Oh you're talking about the rap consensus...And yea rock's been around longer, but you'd see Stones, Beatles, Pink Floyd, and umm the Beach Boys on everybody's lists though only one of those bands would make mine.

Jitters

I just mean if you ask some one to name their top 10 rock bands, this list would likely look a lot more personal than a top 10 rappers list.

Sorry if I worded the original post poorly.

HiResDes

I disagree though, a lot of people would list Beatles, STones, Beach Boys, Queen, Pink Floyd, etc...Unless they were sad boys like me

Jitters

I disagree though, a lot of people would list Beatles, STones, Beach Boys, Queen, Pink Floyd, etc...Unless they were sad boys like me

Yeah, I do think a lot of those bands would be on a lot of list, but not to the extent it is with hip hop.

In hip hops case, its not just one or two rappers, its like five.

Esch

Banned
Yeah, I do think a lot of those bands would be on a lot of list, but not to the extent it is with hip hop.

In hip hops case, its not just one or two rappers, its like five.
The only consistents are Pac Nas Jay Big. Thats just how it is, among heads at least. And why not. They are all great.

Esch

Banned
Pink Floyd is boring entry level prog for fourteen year olds trying to start listening to music. Kinda like Tool.

King Crimson is the university to Pink Floyd's high school

Esch

Banned
Queen
Sabbath
King Crimson
Boris
maudlin of the Well
Morbid Angel
Suffocation
My Bloody Valentine
Burzum
Swans
HM: The Beatles

Esch

Banned
brehs, im watching House of Cards and it's pretty good. Kevin Spacey has being a demon down pat. He is one of those guys who could easily trick you into believing he's an FBI agent or some shit.

overcast

We doing this?

Joy Division
Slowdive
My Bloody Valentine
Fugazi
Buzzcocks
David Bowie
The Zombies
Broadcast
Swans
Smiths/Morrissey

The Kinks & The Zombies > The Beatles
Nice list. I just got the Slowdive discography, never listened to them.

My list in no specific order:

Andre 3000
Nas
Notorious B.I.G.
Doom
Kanye West
Lupe Fiasco (RIP)
Kendrick Lamar
Danny Brown
Mos Def
Blu (RIP)

Status