• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Gadamn, I was not expecting this Krizz Kaliko album to be so enjoyable. It's just fun as hell, all ridiculous subject matter, big beats, catchy hooks, and he blends his crooning with his rapping really well.

Give it a chance peoples.
Scars
Titties

Why Me

codhand

The director of Control (Anton Corbijn) has a new film coming out i'm curious about that too, never saw The American with Clooney, he directed that as well...

Love The Kinks and The Zombies too, but Beatles are Goat

one of my fave Organized Konfusion songs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRJ6J7Aerig

Stones are great, i especially like the early albums up until about Exile, they still made great music after, but the the early stuff is best to me. also goat music documentary (Gimme Shelter)

best Floyd album to me, is Meddle, also like Piper, and Dark Side (duh)

wow at HRD posting Attica Blues, trip-hop's savior that never was...

random thought: Funcrusher Plus is a classic

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

breh are you serious
Vaudeville Villain and Doomsday are garbage
naw.

Dereck

breh are you serious

MM Food and DANGERDOOM are just good tapes. They're no where near classic

Vaudeville Villain and Doomsday are garbage (prolly will get shitted on for saying Doomsday is garbage)

ded at Take Me to Your Leader. Might as well say Born Like This is classic too
I think you have Vaudeville and Venemous Villain mixed up.

codhand

venomous isnt garbage either

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KI-_BXAaR4

cant believe two kids died at that EDM show in NY over the weekend, 20 years old, sad. hearts just stopped beating... dont fuck with that molly young brehs...

BUY TEST KITS, AND DON'T DROP TRIPLE STACKS LIKE AN IDIOT!

It's like lifting weights, you don't start out lifting what the body builders lift. You have to build muscle and increase over time. Sadly, this poor person and many others die because they don't know their limits yet. Now that these events are just getting bigger and bigger, younger and inexperienced users need to be educated about how to handle themselves better.

smh @ EDM OT

molly, like lifting weights....

HiiiLife

I never got into Raider Klan. I just checked out a couple tracks from SpaceGhostPurp and I'm not feeling the shit tbh. But I've seen posts from HRD about Ethelwulf and Denzel, I'll have to check them out.

If any of you guys mess with the group remotely, feel free to throw out random tracks from their members that you like. I'll put together a playlist and give BRK a try.

naw

Nah I never listened to Venemous. The only song I fucked with on Vaudeville was Let Me Watch.

I never got into Raider Klan. I just checked out a couple tracks from SpaceGhostPurp and I'm not feeling the shit tbh. But I've seen posts from HRD about Ethelwulf and Denzel, I'll have to check them out.

If any of you guys mess with the group remotely, feel free to throw out random tracks from their members that you like. I'll put together a playlist and give BRK a try.
http://youtu.be/ans_PcIPnm4

It's this track and Nutmeg that I'm like "what"

Supreme Clientele is just a bunch of

WALLY OXEN OXEN FREE BAKED SHARP ZITI
STARKS ON THE NEFERTITI SHARKS SWIMMING SO GREEDY
WU TANG ARISTOCRATS BATS COVERED PEANUT BUTTER
BREAD JELLY SMOTHERED SMUCKERS NARCS BARK UNDERCOVER

At some point you're just like "Uh huh, okay" and accept that you're listening to a classic.

JohnDoe

Banned

At some point you're just like "Uh huh, okay" and accept that you're listening to a classic.

ahahahaha this is so on point

Hahahahaha, this is so true.

codhand

nah, you say a year, a color, and a piece of clothing or food ie

87 grey tims
91 beige filet
56 yellow goose egg

Etc

Esch

Banned

damn lmao

this is hilarious :lol

mooooose

Apollo Kids isn't hard to understand at all. Nutmeg is kinda crazy tho.

Ghost's dusted verse on Guillotine/Swordz is way crazier than most of the stuff on SC tbh.

nel e nel

Do you guys think its weird how so many rappers are in everyone's top 10??? Like, I feel like if it was "top 10 rock bands", it would be a different story. You know what I mean? Why do you think that is?

Because rock isn't as hung up on 'old school vs. new school' like rap is.

If folks come with a top 10 list going something like:

1. KRS-ONE
2. Rakim
3. Melle Mel
4. Q-Tip
5. Kool Keith
etc etc

they would be told to go back to the old folks home. Fuck, even Dr. Dre said rap is a young man's game in an interview.

siddx

Man I remember complaining about Ghost just being on some drunk rambling insanity shit years ago and gafhop claiming I just didn't understand his lyrics. The motherfucking is like aesop on cocaine half the time, just pure foolishness. It's entertaining no doubt, but gets a bit tiresome after the 5000th tony starks reference.

Esch

Banned
Because rock isn't as hung up on 'old school vs. new school' like rap is.

If folks come with a top 10 list going something like:

1. KRS-ONE
2. Rakim
3. Melle Mel
4. Q-Tip
5. Kool Keith
etc etc

they would be told to go back to the old folks home.

thats not really true, most people in this topic cited older rap artists like G Rap and Rakim (no surprise, their music endured better than anyone else IMO) and nobody gave a shit. Plenty of people listed newer guys from the naughties as well.

HiResDes

HiiLife just listen to N64 and then go back and listen to Ethelwulf, and if you're hungry for more GrandMilly's BVNDVNVZ II is great as well. And I'm the only one that liked that it, but I still am enjoying Key Nyata's SHadowed Diamond Project.

Here are two of my favorite Ethelwulf tracks:

http://youtu.be/Iiw37Z3u5bo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sWBlIoAqHU&noredirect=1

Two Grandmilly tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZDHnTSaSuE&noredirect=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJJCDx-6E8s&noredirect=1

Two Key Nyata tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wT7Ii5YyKs&noredirect=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEOTFWJky50&noredirect=1

mooooose

WTF is all this Ghost not making sense nonsense? Most of it makes sense, you just have to listen.

Aesop makes NO SENSE. Not even comparable. Dude is annoying tbh.

siddx

thats not really true, most people in this topic cited older rap artists like G Rap and Rakim (no surprise, their music endured better than anyone else IMO) and nobody gave a shit. Plenty of people listed newer guys from the naughties as well.

Yeah to me the older rappers sit up on the list higher because they've had longer to prove themselves and also their music has had decades in some cases to show it's worth. A rapper who still sounds like he could hang with or even outrap dudes today is going to find himself highly regarded. Ice Cube is high on my GOAT list because of the late 80's to early 90's when in my opinion he was out-rapping every person on the planet. And if I go back and listen to Death Certificate now, he still sounds like he is running circles around modern day rappers.

siddx

WTF is all this Ghost not making sense nonsense? Most of it makes sense, you just have to listen.

Aesop makes NO SENSE. Not even comparable. Dude is annoying tbh.

Ghost is that coked up guy in the back of the bar who talks a mile a minute about fucking nothing at all, yet you still listen because he is just dropping it all in such an entertaining way.

nel e nel

Going back through, the last couple of pages, sure there are some mentions of G Rap and Rakim (like, 1 or 2), but the majority of people's list are made up of what is considered 3rd generation rappers like Nas, Biggie, etc etc. that came out in the mid 90s. (technically speaking, Run-DMC were the beginning of the New School).

Fuck, there's like 2 pages of discussion over whether or not DOOM has 4 classic albums, when the only answer is Mr. Hood. ;p

Not saying I disagree with a lot of folks choices, there are lots of great lists in this thread, what just answering the guy's question about why there seems to be more of a lack of consensus in rap versus rock.

siddx

Oh and in no order.
Personal favorites for one reason or another:

Ice Cube
Scarface
Nas
Biggie
Pac
King T
Slug
B-Real
Q-Tip
and...hmmm Common? Or maybe Xzibit.

If this was an objective list only, it would look pretty different. Rakim, Kool G, Kane, Eminem would all be on there.

And seriously, get that Krizz Kaliko album "Son of Sam". Its really fucking good and enjoyable. One of the most accessible, easy to get into, solid albums of the year. I'd put it my top ten easily. From start to finish it is a great listen.

codhand

DOOM heads...

Mm...Food. When the album came out there was a lot of complaining about the skits; there are like 3 skits back to back to back near the middle of the album. Initially that soured me on the album. But as time has passed I've appreciated them a lot more and now readily call it a classic album. Thoughts?

agree, revisited Mm Food and DOOM's back catalog in general, heavy this year, so many great tracks and timeless beats on Mm Food.

Dereck

DOOM heads...

Mm...Food. When the album came out there was a lot of complaining about the skits; there are like 3 skits back to back to back near the middle of the album. Initially that soured me on the album. But as time has passed I've appreciated them a lot more and now readily call it a classic album. Thoughts?
The skits are perfect, and they add to the theme of the album. Whenever DOOM raps on the album they're strong verses, he knew what he was doing. Instead of maybe sprinkling a few above average verses on all of the tracks, he came his hardest on about 50% of them. Gumbo is a really good skit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom