• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Than Illmatic? I don't know, both are just as relevant and great as ever to me. Neither sounds dated in the slightest.

the production on most the tracks sound so dated off Illmatic.

Blackace

Can I say something?

I got tired of "Tribe called quest." I only had Loe end theory and midnight marauders, and I got tired of it.

No lie tho I was constantly listening to Midnightarauders for a bit when battlefield 3 came out, but then I burned out on em, and didnt feel the need to listen.
Al tho, scenario is a constant listen for me.

who would lie about that?

codhand

dat cover age

1354151804_OutKast-ATLiens-1996.jpg

CRS

^ Señor Swag, start with Madvillain, then MM.. FOOD, then Operation Doomsday, and finally Vaudeville Villain.

Des, I was wondering if there was a tape by Ethelwulf as solid as Nostalgic 64?
I haven't listening to N64 yet but Ethelwulf's most solid release is The Wolf Gang's Rodolphe but his better tracks have been on different releases like Pistol Grip and Kurokumo.

I've been wanting to do a Wulf mix for a minute now.

overcast

the production on most the tracks sound so dated off Illmatic.
Maybe it's nostalgia, but I can listen to any song off the album and it sounds as good as ever. Sounds "old", but not dated in any sort of detrimental way.

I would say ATLiens has a more unique sound that was well suited to age like fine wine.

HiiiLife

^ Señor Swag, start with Madvillain, then MM.. FOOD, then Operation Doomsday, and finally Vaudeville Villain.

I haven't listening to N64 yet but Ethelwulf's most solid release is The Wolf Gang's Rodolphe but his better tracks have been on different releases like Pistol Grip and Kurokumo.

I've been wanting to do a Wulf mix for a minute now.

N64 was the first time I listened to Denzel ever and I thought the shit was cool. I'll be sure to download that Ethelwulf tape.

Blackace

Maybe it's nostalgia, but I can listen to any song off the album and it sounds as good as ever. Sounds "old", but not dated in any sort of detrimental way.

I would say ATLiens has a more unique sound that was well suited to age like fine wine.

Also the sound of ATLiens was ahead of it's time.. ninjas just catching up with it

IrishNinja

can only speak the truth..

NY State of Mind sounds perfect tho..

haha no lie that one came on today at the end of my set, you ever catch yourself thinking you're mouthing a track but you got both headphones on and notice people lookin at you cause you're apparently singin shit out loud?

picture the whitest dude you know at like 165 finishin a squat like I AINT THE TYPA BROTHER MADE FOR YOU TO START TESSIN'/GIMME A SMITH & WESSON I HAVE (NINJAS) UNDRESSIN

Blackace

I'll throw my two cents over a track as well, so you're good for at least one vocalist.

------

That's said; Step up fellas. Let's actually make that mythical GAF-HOP tape a reality.

We got at least 4 tracks... and if enough people step up maybe we can each colab with each other once.. Peter * Ace iavi * Peter Ace * ivai and make a 6 track tape

Esch

Banned
I like Memory Lane and It Aint Hard to Tell sometimes and LOVE Represent but thats it.

I just find myself turning it off a lot

Esch

Banned
i got love but cant break bread with dudes that don't drink moet with medusa and/or give her shotguns in hell

The first half is this super intense run of songs and then it just dips off for me somehow overall, even though the individual songs are still all good.

to be honest i like listening to IWW through more.

IrishNinja

^rap game theo huggstable

The first half is this super intense run of songs and then it just dips off for me somehow overall, even though the individual songs are still all good.

to be honest i like listening to IWW through more.

i can't knock the hustle; i gave shinobis shit for sayin Forever > 36 once but he made his case
if the tracks on illmatic were stacked in a different order, would that work better for you? for me, the come-down is just niiice

Best album of ALL TIME.

On certain days.

When I don't skip the 2nd half.

Nas lost.

see if we aint already had DOOMed to argue about a classic this could be worked into an OT somehow

Esch

Banned
^rap game theo huggstable

i can't knock the hustle; i gave shinobis shit for sayin Forever > 36 once but he made his case
if the tracks on illmatic were stacked in a different order, would that work better for you? for me, the come-down is just niiice
Nah cuz then the SSS+ early run would be gone. Illmatic is like a paper with the best intro and thesis ever, then a good but uninspiring body and an overall good conclusion to rap it up. People get their jimmies rustled when it comes to Illmatic criticism but it doesnt always hit all of the esch scale buttons for me.

Than Illmatic? I don't know, both are just as relevant and great as ever to me. Neither sounds dated in the slightest.

ATLiens sound is timeless man and this is coming from a huge fan of Illmatic but I bang ATLiens in the whip and it'll bang as hard as any Mike Will Made It beat.

IrishNinja

man ya'll rate the whip test too highly for my criteria...all kinds've shit bangs on a nice system that im not tryin to hear outside of traffic/parking lots (speaking general here, not shining on ATL)

illmatic got that sound i want when sparring, chilling, walkin down the hall to tell my neighbors they need to shut they damn dog up, batting cages in kamurocho, cleanin the damn bathroom, walkin into mcdonals fronting like ima buy something when SIC i just need the bathroom plus some streetpasses nahmean, you know like whenever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom