• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I certainly don't feel that way and I overall think that line of thinking is damaging to the genre. Not every rapper is a rapper like Nas so why should they have to make albums that fit what Nas would do. When I say something like I wish Luda could make a perfect album. I don't want it to be what Illmatic does. I want it to play with the strengths of Luda.

maybe I am reading too much into what yall are saying though
My criteria for what an album should do/be is not style-specific. More general stuff like cohesiveness in both sound and composition, giving you a distinct feeling, having standouts, etc. You can have that stuff on a Khaled compilation, or some concept album by an artist trying to tell a story.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Let me be the DJ Khaled of the Gaf Hop board. I have no discernible musical talent, but I'll promote it by screaming and shit where necessary.

PBY

Banned
zQK2fJH.png

Esch

Banned
I think if you see one at the place you're at, you might have fucked up.
Yeah. I find it weird cause I generally go to every kind of bar and have never seen a single one. Maybe some kids that were a little hypebeasty, but none of the guys wearing skirts and talking about their 'fits' and the pyrex and all that. Maybe cuz im in the mid south?

DominoKid

i know some cats all into that shit.

give me a polo/buttonup, nice fitting jeans and some Js and i'm straight. i cant do that walking mannequin shit.

codhand

i saw a ton like that at the Made in America festival in Philly over this past weekend, no i didnt go, also i feel like any EDM show is bound to have a handful of em

CRS

i saw a ton like that at the Made in America festival in Philly over this past weekend, no i didnt go, also i feel like any EDM show is bound to have a handful of em
EDM? If there are, they are an extreme minority. It's probably going to be mostly pink and bright green wife beaters with matching sunglasses, cargo shorts, and sandals. Wearing any of thatPyrex is counterproductive. That's probably why those two kids died at that festival. Wore Pyrex clothing so when they started sweating, they had no ventilation and couldn't take the heat.

yeah it's a retread of Ferg and Clams but that's a cool outfit.

I wouldn't mind if pyrex hypebeasts moved on to wearing old military napoleon style clothing lol

HiiiLife

Danny said let me jock the artwork and make it fresher than Ferg's. Shits probably my favorite artwork this year. And omg @ those two kids and their clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom