• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

"yo boutdown i just rubbed my dick on this baby cactus 38 times...it's pretty terrible but i can't stop now"

i dunno why, that's how your post struck me, haha
That's fair though. When GAF-HOP tells me something sucks, I doubt it and try to deceive myself, then I end up saying they're right like 2 weeks later.

Esch

Banned
That's fair though. When GAF-HOP tells me something sucks, I doubt it and try to deceive myself, then I end up saying they're right like 2 weeks later.

you always do this with odd future especially. just embrace it. shit is creatively bankrupt caca for children. It's Transformers for teenagers. Odd future exists to sell merch to fuck boys.. The beats arent even good. Let it go. Des used to be a huge odd future stan, way more than anyone else in here and he threw them in the bushes.

overcast

Illmatic is so easy to listen straight through. Shit is greatness from the first train track sound all the way to It Ain't Hard to Tell fading out.

Dereck

you always do this with odd future especially. just embrace it. shit is creatively bankrupt caca for children. It's Transformers for teenagers. Odd future exists to sell merch to fuck boys.. The beats arent even good. Let it go. Des used to be a huge odd future stan, way more than anyone else in here and he threw them in the bushes.
I will based Esch.

I have to end my struggle.

overcast

Man, if you like OF you like them. I'm not a fan of most of their releases but that doesn't matter. If shit sounds good to you, and you're nodding your head it doesn't matter. People have the right to make fun of them and not like them, but don't let us completely switch your view.

I like Doris, Earl is cool with me.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
We got at least 4 tracks... and if enough people step up maybe we can each colab with each other once.. Peter * Ace iavi * Peter Ace * ivai and make a 6 track tape

You know I'm down to contribute a verse or ten or how ever many is needed.

IrishNinja

yo so what's better, second half of 2001 or second half off illmatic?

Chronic 2001 because Jake Steed,
"bitch".

tumblr_inline_mh23r9f1Kv1rbmspj.gif

IrishNinja

haha mannnn to me no skits are worse than that kind...yeah, im glad i paid like $20 in the day for a CD just to have a track or two of people faking like they're fuckin for a few minutes, i mean it's corny and does nothing since the last 3 tracks prolly had the MC talk bout how much ass he gets anyway, ain't like i need the receipts

lil kim's early shit was lousy with this - oh cool, here's a track where she's sucking dick, fantastic, that prolly took way more effort than, you know, rapping about that experience on the rap album i just paid you for

HiiiLife

Lol I know that feel breh. I always get irked with songs like that. I can't even listen to What's Your Fantasy without feeling uncomfortable. Then Danny Brown's I Will. Can't do it fam.

Esch

Banned
i have lots of beats to contribute if needed

i really like your beats pls contribute

if you can yall should try to make a theme for the tape. Some of yall make Trap, others of yall make more boom bap, and then some of yall make something in between, the darker shit.

Yall should call it "Fade to Boom-Bap". Kinda like Fade To Black.

In THEORY, Illmatic is the best album, but it certainly isn't close to my favourite. It just checks off everything I feel an album should do/be better than others.
And I don't think that there's anything wrong with this line of thinking.

I feel the same way and I'm sure many others do too.

Edit: Not sure if it's stated already, but I'm really waiting to hear Wu-Tang Forever just so that other rappers can have a chance at it. Well, if the beat is for the trapped in the 90s ninjas.

And I don't think that there's anything wrong with this line of thinking.

I feel the same way and I'm sure many others do too.
I certainly don't feel that way and I overall think that line of thinking is damaging to the genre. Not every rapper is a rapper like Nas so why should they have to make albums that fit what Nas would do. When I say something like I wish Luda could make a perfect album. I don't want it to be what Illmatic does. I want it to play with the strengths of Luda.

maybe I am reading too much into what yall are saying though

Samk

So I did a little OJ Simpson if I did it on blackaces drive sounding track. Real simple wordplay, but I had fun. Definitely writing not for myself haha:

Lights blur as I hit the throttle/
Motherfuck that bottle/Change lanes faster than you can bust brains/Open container officer?/
Fuck man I paid the retainer

Driving driving through those summer streets/doing my best to avoid those nasty beats/ coming through that concrete jungle/ knowing that I my ride make fools bungle/ feeling that lil buzz/ knowing that I dirty cuz

Crank throttle clutch burn/ things just take a turn/ blue and red flash from ahead/ Fuck man, I might already be dead/ I ain't never going to jail/ motherfuck that bail

I-5 never looked so tasty/ their drivers so pasty/ tread on my wheels gone/ fuck I just might be a don/ killed a cop doing 90/ I dare these motherfuckers try and find me

I certainly don't feel that way and I overall think that line of thinking is damaging to the genre. Not every rapper is a rapper like Nas so why should they have to make albums that fit what Nas would do. When I say something like I wish Luda could make a perfect album. I don't want it to be what Illmatic does. I want it to play with the strengths of Luda.

maybe I am reading too much into what yall are saying though
I don't think enzo was saying that at all, nor is it what I'm saying.

I don't want all rappers to be Nas. Rap would be real boring if that's the case, but looking at the OT I'm sure people wouldn't mind that at all. >_>

I'm just saying, rappers shouldn't put out half-assed shit. Illmatic's production was/is timeless. This was recorded when Nas was real young too. #BarsForDays The message still prevails in hip-hop today.

I don't think enzo was saying that at all, nor is it what I'm saying.

I don't want all rappers to be Nas. Rap would be real boring if that's the case, but looking at the OT I'm sure people wouldn't mind that at all. >_>

I'm just saying, rappers shouldn't put out half-assed shit. Illmatic's production was/is timeless. This was recorded when Nas was real young too. #BarsForDays The message still prevails in hip-hop today.
It's okay album. Missing a few songs for the females.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom