• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitters

When you guys do your favorite rapper list, do you base it off of who has made the most music you enjoy or just rapping?????

Esch

Banned
Meek Mill - OOH Kill Em (Kendrick Lamar Response)

Kinda weak, but his flow is crazy, and this beat is fire. I wish this was just a regular song.
ibkU62TvxtMIPm.gif

kinda corny but he snapped

YOUR GUNS GO DOOO DOOO DOO DOOOOO

MY GUNS GO BLAT BLAT BLAT BLAT

EoS > Kiss Land > HoB > Thursday

professional and the town have made it into my top 5 weeknd songs.

also this 2 Chainz album turns up during pre-gaming........my opinion of it is slightly improving.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Listening to this Weeknd for the first time. Y'all better not be leading me down the path of lameness here.

EDIT: Hm. I could impregnate to this. /NoDes

If Kanye wasn't on track to go platinum in around the same time (maybe faster?) it took Kendrick, then this would be hilarious.

EDIT: Just checked, definitely at a faster pace. Ye did 750k in two months. Kendrick just over a milli in just under a year.

Where did you peep those numbers? (not disagreeing, just curious)

IrishNinja

i know enzos aint talkin bout yeezus tho

When you guys do your favorite rapper list, do you base it off of who has made the most music you enjoy or just rapping?????

my purpose was just your favorite MC's, i find that more interesting than some faux-objective GOAT list...just dudes you like hearing on the mic

I don't do lists.

<soviet russia lists do you joke>

I like you.

jitters if you trynna sit with the cool kids onna back of the bus you gotta watch out for the weird goth kid with the bad religion lunchbox, meng

EloquentM

aka Mannny
glad you're enjoying WW. I'm actually starting to like kiss land more than his mixtapes now.

professional
The town
Adaptation

Wheeeeeew

Esch

Banned
Nice to see DMX investing in his future, but of course he doesn't really need to given his stellar financial management up to this point.

1235445_516533101756448_668071784_n.jpg

mooooose

It's kinda ridiculous when you look at where wavey started and how it's become a slang and music sub genre. It's really ridiculous. It was just Max B being intoxicated and different, French and him making some music, and as French started to get on, he took Max's thing and it became a thing of it's own where people started to just describe vibing/crooning/intoxicated music as wavey.

Around the Wave

I really miss Max B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhZ1aYGjH-8

Mean by Fraud, Bronson, and French was def underrated. That hook with the autotune, those adlibs, and a great verse by Bronson. Kinda cool hearing French with someone who can compliment Fraud's beats but rap his ass off (even if his flow is boring, French makes up for that, they work). I'd love to hear more from this duo. So weird hearing French shout out Harry Fraud after him just being French's bitch for like 5 years lol.

WanderingWind

glad you're enjoying WW. I'm actually starting to like kiss land more than his mixtapes now.

professional
The town
Adaptation

Wheeeeeew

Just finished. Pretty good album! Definitely not my usual type of record, but the quality of it is undeniable. Clearly a work of passion, if that makes any sense.

The defense force in that peeping tom thread is crazy. Lol.

"Yeah, don't know why they just didn't tell him to piss off. Violence is never acceptable!!!"

WanderingWind

"I'm nonviolent."
"Well, I'm more nonviolent than you."
"Well, that was combative and also gross. Possibly a strawman."
"Well, you can't read and also I'm still less violent than you."

Etc.

DominoKid

my grandpa did the same thing in a similar situation. put the hands on this dude that broke in the house and tried to take advantage of him in his sleep. spent a night in the county jail. granted this was the 60s.

Esch

Banned
I think Kiss Land is the best thing Abel has done

Whoa. There. I said it.
I like it more with every single listen but its not seeing HoB quite yet for me

The Town is fucking amazing. Its a shame that every time I listen to it, I think of Ben goddamn Affleck.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He's wrong. Yeezus has sold around 520k records. It's behind Born Sinner still.
Nah.

KTT thread's title and @chartnews retweets (which I believe to be the source, original tweet seems to be removed, seems like they delete WW total numbers now; potentially inaccurate though) point towards about 740k international a month or so ago.

If you want to compare pace (and/or for some reason international sales don't count), Yeezus had been out for 2 months and crossed 500k domestic. It took GKMC an extra month to do that. And that's WITH the exponential drop off Yeezus had second week. It's stabilized weekly since. Took Kendrick another 8 months to ship out the second 500k worldwide to go platinum.

IrishNinja

oh so the pace of k-dot's sophmore album's sales (a cohesive west-coast classic at that) isn't necessarily as favorable as the 7th album of one of the genre's most prolific entertainers...yeah that's a solid argument there enzoes

Jitters

I saw someone else just say recently that Kiss Land was his best. It seems to be getting great reviews. I have it only above Thursday, though.

Will The Weeknd get his own version of the Kanye cycle????

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
oh so the pace of k-dot's sophmore album's sales (a cohesive west-coast classic at that) isn't necessarily as favorable as the 7th album of one of the genre's most prolific entertainers...yeah that's a solid argument there enzoes
What argument? Just calling a spade a spade. I've no doubt Kendrick's album will have longer legs at it's current rate and that it's the better album. But lol @ Kendrick pulling away from Ye in any right, especially when he's being handed a to-do list and a set of PYREX thongs right now.

PBY

Banned
"most prolific entertainers"

That's all I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom