• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've stopped listening to most of Kiss Land already because I just hit next and listen to I'm Good instead; over and over.

I was pretty ambivalent towards BOATS II, but I had it on in the background today and it's grown on me already (lol 2nd day). Chainz is straight cooking on some of these tracks. Even Fergie brought it on Netflix, cot damn.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Actually, that thread (outside of one shit starter) went pretty well for a heated discussion. And that guy was pretty much shut down and ignored by all.

Everybody is all agreeing to disagree like the entire rap world after Control and shit. We good.

SKINNER!

Banned
A little late to the party I know but I've been listening to The Game's Jesus Piece the other day.

Highlight of the album?

"I live this life at a pace that anyone can go
Know your place and dedicate your role, to the faith that you'll die alone
Trace your steps when I do step in a fire of broken bones
And I require my heart's desire and when I reap what I sew
I bought my momma a Benz! my boobie a Jag!
A car for my dogs! with a roof full of glass!

But still I be feeling like none of my light never casts
Out of that black cloud that's been watered down since my first chopper blast
But fuck that, I'm not worried, even when it's scary
Skirt off makin' them hurt off I should have hurt them in a hurry
Dirt off all under my fingers, dirt all of 'em gon is gone
Shirt off when precedure, resuscitation came early
I need you to keep quiet as a mouse
Which is ironic cause rats is what I'm talking about
I'm hearin the sonics of gun fire, the whispers, the silent cries
...even though I know it's an eye for an eye"

My goodness, Kendrick Lamar's verse coupled with the production on See No Evil is just remarkable.Been on repeat all last night and this morning.

Jesus Piece was a good album. If any other rapper had come out with that, it would've gotten mad love.

Remove All That (Lady), Hallelujah, Freedom, Celebration, maybe I Remember and Pray as well, and it would be a damn solid album. I mean after you track down the 4 remaining bonus tracks from all over the place that are better than all of those tracks I named.

It did give me Ali Bomaye though, so I can't hate.

DominoKid

Jesus Piece tracks are as good as their guests.

Ali bomaye
I remember (amazing hook & beat)
Name me king
The one kendrick was on
Church

overcast

Noah Callahan-Bever:

Danny nailed the mix: deep voice boom bap, whispered introspection, and nasal turnt madness. Rapping his ass off the whole way. BEAST!

Have no idea who this dude is, but he listened to Old, and Danny retweeted this.

Also the White Walls video is dropping Monday. Maybe it'll get people checking for Q. LABEL BETTER TAKE ADVANTAGE.

Jay Sosa

Remove All That (Lady), Hallelujah, Freedom, Celebration, maybe I Remember and Pray as well, and it would be a damn solid album. I mean after you track down the 4 remaining bonus tracks from all over the place that are better than all of those tracks I named.

It did give me Ali Bomaye though, so I can't hate.

Also remove Game. Then we're talking.

Jesus Piece was a good album. If any other rapper had come out with that, it would've gotten mad love.

Yeah there were some really awesome songs on there, and the production was great too

Also toku, sorry yo I stopped watching fringe. I gotta catch up with this x files. It hooked me a lot faster

Kwixotik

Watched Seven Samurai and drank Kirin Ichiban last night.

Kirin is not good on the digestive system. I've had not one, not two, but three bouts of explosive diarrhea this morning.

thabiz

a2624951308_2.jpg

Souls of Mischief - 93 Still (Gummy Soul Remix)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jesus Piece tracks are as good as their guests.

Ali bomaye
I remember (amazing hook & beat)
Name me king
The one kendrick was on
Church
Eh, Heaven's Arms is easily the 2nd best track after Ali Bomaye.

What words can I speak, that, they will heed?

f0rk

I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that I had a bucket hat on (I don't own any) and ran into Q and gave it to him.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
yooo Codhand, both Tguy and I are loving the fuck out of that beat 4 of yours. We might have to go all wonder twins on that.

Aye, non-hip hop news update...

OKC hookups are a real thing.

Oh yeah, I signed up a few years ago and managed to hook up with a handful of girls through it before I closed my account. Fuck on first date girls too. But none of the girls on OKC are really anything higher than a 6 on the looks scale unless they have soul crushing self esteem issues.

Papoose wants his 15 seconds again

papoose-firstchain.jpg

I mean comon

I just listened to the diss today. I thought it was cool for a 2013 diss track (I mean look at the wack tracks following Control). He had enough jabs in it to make it a legitimate battle track.

He's not really going to get serious buzz unless he drops a heavy mixtape to capitalize since his album went nowhere.

Still have to listen to Big Sean, 2Chainz and the Spitta and Robin mixtape.

You guys were not lying about this Professional --> The Town --> Adaption opening to TheWeeknd's album. I'll add Love In The Sky to that run.

Aww yiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom