• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papoose is trying to be 50 Cent back in 05, starting shit to sell.

Except nobody cares.
I think he's more like How To Rob 50 since he has no stature or success in the industry (he had buzz back in 2005, managed by Flex and had the feature on Touch It Remix). 50 was a bully in 05, having already dismissed Ja-Rule and knee deep in his beef with Game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
mgid:uma:content:mtv.com:1713204

Caption contest, go.

Cudder

that shit is dope peterboy. though i will admit the deep Im in it parts were my least favourite. you should be selling this shit to producers man.

https://soundcloud.com/flightmuzik/witchouse-test-im-in-it-remix

Can I get feedback from yall on this? I know I post a lot of beats, sorry to spam yall. But I was trying some new witchouse-y shit, and I wasn't sure how it came out at all. I've never really ventured into this genre.

Would really appreciate criticism. Its just a test, was trying to practice mixing and whatnot.

Its a loose remix of "Im in It"

This is sick. Early Chelsea Wolfe/ÅÜßRÊÿ vibes. Not really feeling the extra ornamentation at 3:18. Still dope.

EDIT: I agree with Cudder. I enjoyed how understated it was, up until it wasn't.

PBY

Banned
that shit is dope peterboy. though i will admit the deep Im in it parts were my least favourite. you should be selling this shit to producers man.

This is sick. Early Chelsea Wolfe/ÅÜßRÊÿ vibes. Not really feeling the extra ornamentation at 3:18. Still dope.

EDIT: I agree with Cudder. I enjoyed how understated it was, up until it wasn't.

Thanks bros.

Yeah, it definitely needs work. Glad you liked the idea though, I had no idea what I was doing in this genre, took me a while to get the drums mixed right. I definitely need to fix up /maybe remove the vox part. The more I listen, a few other things come up.

Gonna play around with a bunch of different ideas. Had fun fucking around with the KVLT sounds tho.

This may be the first year in awhile where a definitive fucking awesome album didn't come out. Last year there was GKMC and Reloaded. Year before that there was XXX and Covert Coup.

Rooster12

2013 so far is the best I've seen, although I don't listen to Hip-Hop that much anymore.

At least we saw the revitalization of Mobb Deep this year....sort of. And the rise of Alchemist, putting out banger after banger.

And Tony Touch's Piecemaker volume 3 came out this year, album really took me back to the 90s.

ESGN was great as well.

2 Chainz and Doris have put out amazing albums as well.

2012 is close, with Madd City , Cure for Cancer, and some other stuff.

Rooster12

I'll tell you 2003 is probably the worst year for Hip-Hop ever.

The best album that came out that year was like Fantastic Damage or some shit, either that or Bazooka Tooth, from my foggy memory.

Not that those albums were that good but everything else was so atrocious you had no other choice.

Dereck

I'll tell you 2003 is probably the worst year for Hip-Hop ever.

The best album that came out that year was like Fantastic Damage or some shit, either that or Bazooka Tooth, from my foggy memory.

Not that those albums were that good but everything else was so atrocious you had no other choice.
Bazooka Tooth is an hour of randomness with like 6 good songs.

overcast

2013 can rise pretty high if Q, Danny, and Drake come through.
All 3 albums are going to be great.

It's really close between 2011 and 2012.

11 had Section.80, XXX, Oneirology, Return of 4eva, Sucker for Pumps, Setbacks, Covert Coup, and LiveLoveASAP

12 had HnC, GKMC, Control System, Russian Roulette, Duality, Cigarette Boats, Reloaded.

I'm going to say 2012, GKMC and HnC push it over.

Dereck

My least favorite Aesop rock album. It's interesting lyrically, but there an no hooks to speak of
The first half of Mars Attacks is the best part off of the album. The Greatest Pacman Victory in History suffers from irritating beat syndrome.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Looking forward to this.

Just bought my tickets for the Yeezus show in Atlanta. So hyped.
Nice.

My lil sis works for one of the venues and is going to scoop us up some Kendrick/Yeezus tickets at the arena. Won't need to pay ticket seller fees and maybe get them a bit early.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
New em track lyrics. All in weird accent voice:

I have a daughter/she knows I'm her fauter/ we make lots of money/ I heard its called honey/but I'm pissed as hell/ that my ex-wife and I don't gel

That's terrible. And not in the way you intended. Just....bad. Lupe level bad.

Leave being clever to the professionals.

Hes been looking like an Unreal Engine character model showcase since that XXL cover. Ive never seen an opiate head look like that at his age. He would get it done no question.

See? That was funny, at least.

lol

IrishNinja

yeah, i keep makin fun of my older brother for being 40 but that shit's gonna bite me in the ass one day

also: ye's MBDTF is the rap game Metal Gear Solid 4

Tokubetsu

Secret to aging beautifully is being black and mosturizing. There, you can send money to my paypal WanderingWind. I just did you and Irish Ninja a huge favor.
yeah, i keep makin fun of my older brother for being 40 but that shit's gonna bite me in the ass one day

also: ye's MBDTF is the rap game Metal Gear Solid 4
You'd be right if only MGS4 was actually good.

Recon

Banned
It's weird to see an old man pretending he's relevant again.

I said it. Keep making tracks for call of duty, breh.

Well, if you keep selling, and sell out every concert you do, you dont have to pretend. Hate his new music all you want, he is still plenty relevant.

Samk

That's terrible. And not in the way you intended. Just....bad. Lupe level bad.

Leave being clever to the professionals.

I'm just saying that he's said he need say. Show me a track post 2010 where he does something more interesting than bitch about how hard it is to be rich and have a daughter.

That or he's PISSED collecting activision checks.

Also: Katy perry sells most on iTunes, she's the best music artist alive. All hail!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Secret to aging beautifully is being black and mosturizing. There, you can send money to my paypal WanderingWind. I just did you and Irish Ninja a huge favor.

Almost 33 and I still look young as hell. Either I'm going to be young looking forver, or I'm going out Asian woman style.

Looking Young Young Young Young Young HOLY FUCKING SHRIVELED CRYPTKEEPER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom