• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Esch what do you think of Q's verse on brand new guy with ASAP?

It's aight, standard "i'm the shit/im that ninja/i got next" verse. I like that it's relatively adlib free. That song never really clicked with me the same way it did with a lot of other people though. I really don't like the beat at all. Probably one of my least favorite on that tape.

iavi

It's aight, standard "i'm the shit/im that ninja/i got next" verse. I like that it's relatively adlib free. That song never really clicked with me the same way it did with a lot of other people though. I really don't like the beat at all. Probably one of my least favorite on that tape.

I find Q to be one of the few out there atm that's able to make that stupid shit fun to listen to. His verse on Ferg's Work remix the same way; relatively samey shit, but I've been spitting it all week at work, for better or worse.

Doesn't make for a good album artist, but like DB, he slays those FTs.

Esch

Banned
I like Vol 1 and BP2 more than AG by a long long shot. BP2 is my God's Son, i'm willing to tolerate the bullshit on it because of the tracks i like.

I find Q to be one of the few out there atm that's able to make that stupid shit fun to listen to. His verse on Ferg's Work remix the same way; relatively samey shit, but I've been spitting it all week at work, for better or worse.

BACK TO THE LAB WITH MUTHA EARTH HAD TO GIVE YOUNG FERG A VERSE.

HiResDes

I like Vol 1 and BP2 more than AG by a long long shot. BP2 is my God's Son, i'm willing to tolerate the bullshit on it because of the tracks i like.

Exactly right, but BP2 has so many damn songs that if you cut out the good ones, which make up about a third of it, you're still left with like 8 good tracks lol.

Esch

Banned
Exactly right, but BP2 has so many damn songs that if you cut out the good ones, which make up about a third of it, you're still left with like 8 good tracks lol.

i just like to pretend it's a single album
patrice.png

DominoKid

i dunno. i really liked hero. as in i REALLLY liked hero.

dunno if it still holds up though.

Nas is always good for a handful of good songs (like 5 max) for albums outside of those top 4.

I desperately want him to hook up a producer that can guide him through an album. I fully believe that if he let Kanye guide & execute whatever concept he has for an album that there's no way it wouldn't be a classic.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Blueprint is the best, the holy trinity is Blueprint Reasonable Doubt and Black Album.

How do ya'll feeling about Vol.2 ?
Meh

Reasonable Doubt or Blueprint 1, Black Album is probably third, and then for me Vol. 1
I don't like the entirety of RD (the first act bothers me and the last act sucks to me). I can listen to BP all the way through without a skip. With that being said I still think RD is my favorite and his best album.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Black album is the only thing I've ever enjoyed all the way through from jay z. Don't get the appeal, he's an average rapper who has come across as fake as fuck from day one. And not in an entertaining way either, he's like a bad actor playing a poorly researched role on a daytime TV drama.

Did you just say you liked BP2? Esch, nooooo

BP2 was wack. I must say I'm still surprised that both Hov and Nas failed the "double album" test. I think in both cases they didn't go in with a clear plan of what they wanted to accomplish, so what you got was a lot of repetitive shit and filler. Obviously even the best hip hop double albums (Wu Tang Forever is the best, take that take that) have filler, but the key is to have so much dope shit that no one ever focuses on the filler. I never hear anyone saying "ayo Wu Tang Forever had Dog Shit on it tho..." because there are nearly 20 dope tracks on that album.

AEOM has a lot of filler, enough to stand out (Whats Ya Phone #) but still...overall the best tracks are legendary. Same with Life After Death. The highs of BP2 and Street's Disciple aren't really that high.

I'm surprised Kanye hasn't gone for the double album Mt. Olympus yet.

Black album is the only thing I've ever enjoyed all the way through from jay z. Don't get the appeal, he's an average rapper who has come across as fake as fuck from day one. And not in an entertaining way either, he's like a bad actor playing a poorly researched role on a daytime TV drama.

Agreed. I really don't get how some people can be such big fans of his. 3 good albums is all I can say about the guy, I honestly don't consider any of them 'classic'.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Funny you say that my co-worker raves up and down that it's a classic

http://i.imgur.com/3iMca.gif[/IM[/QUOTE]slap him, but yes do Jordan laugh beforehand.

[quote="PhoenixPause, post: 66076086"].

BP2 was wack. I must say I'm still surprised that both Hov and Nas failed the "double album" test. I think in both cases they didn't go in with a clear plan of what they wanted to accomplish, so what you got was a lot of repetitive shit and filler. Obviously even the best hip hop double albums (Wu Tang Forever is the best, take that take that) have filler, but the key is to have so much dope shit that no one ever focuses on the filler. I never hear anyone saying "ayo Wu Tang Forever had Dog Shit on it tho..." because there are nearly 20 dope tracks on that album.

AEOM has a lot of filler, enough to stand out (Whats Ya Phone #) but still...overall the best tracks are legendary. Same with Life After Death. The highs of BP2 and Street's Disciple aren't really that high.

I'm surprised Kanye hasn't gone for the double album Mt. Olympus yet.[/QUOTE]
I think ye's earlier albums were our best bet of that. I don't think we'll ever see that from him.

[quote="PhoenixPause, post: 66076566"]So why you playing Excuse Me Miss right now huh?
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img341/4374/5i5s8.png

3iMca.gif

Esch

Banned
Can you even imagine what a rambling poorly edited mess a Kanye double album would be? Nah. I think even he knows thats not his game.

DominoKid

i don't want to see Kanye do a double album. that shit would end up being half upfront and the other half DLC because he didn't finish in time.

Agreed. I really don't get how some people can be such big fans of his. 3 good albums is all I can say about the guy, I honestly don't consider any of them 'classic'.

to be a Hov stan, you have to be willing to lie to yourself about a few things:
- Jay didn't lose
- Nas isn't a better rapper
- most of his albums don't suck
- his status and legacy isn't largely based off being opportunistic as fuck and marrying Beyonce among other associations
- he hasn't been riding Kanye's coat tails for the better part of 10 years now

folks are in love w/ the myth. not the man or his music.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Jay didn't lose

Forgot to note that he thinks T.I. is up their with Jay-Z and Eminem as the best lyricists of all time and caught feelings when I said Kanye has a better Discography than Jay and Em.
He's lost. Bail out. Speaking of T.I. I wish he would come back to form. He was never going to be up there with the greats but his albums were damn entertaining.

- Jay didn't lose
- his status and legacy isn't largely based off being opportunistic as fuck and marrying Beyonce among other associations

I need to show the bolded to A LOT of people I know.

i don't want to see Kanye do a double album. that shit would end up being half upfront and the other half DLC because he didn't finish in time.

- Jay didn't lose

Kanye stans like Domino are the worst.

Esch

Banned
idk why people hate Jay so much as an emcee. if you're gonna call him a dick rider or whatever you should at least acknowledge that he's made 20 years of production from totally different people work pretty well for him. Rap game swiss army knife.

idk why people hate Jay so much as an emcee. if you're gonna call him a dick rider or whatever you should at least acknowledge that he's made 20 years of production from totally different people work pretty well for him. Rap game swiss army knife.

Exactly.

Like it or not Hov is the face of hip hop right now.

Kanye and Nas stans can stay mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom