• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
I'm pretty sure the slam dunks like the Skrillex track will see the light of day eventually, maybe Cruel Winter, etc.

It's not that Kanye wanted to not make hits- I think he wanted to make these weird sounding tracks and MAKE them hits. Make those sounds more mainstream.

And radio or not it's kiiiinda working. I mean, 2 days out and bam his songs on a trailer.

Esch

Banned
right but just because the Hollywood Twatterati were enchanted with Black Skinheads doesnt mean itll become a hit

also yea fuck skrillex for taking Ellie Goulding ;_;

DominoKid

I'm pretty sure the slam dunks like the Skrillex track will see the light of day eventually, maybe Cruel Winter, etc.

It's not that Kanye wanted to not make hits- I think he wanted to make these weird sounding tracks and MAKE them hits. Make those sounds more mainstream.

And radio or not it's kiiiinda working. I mean, 2 days out and bam his songs on a trailer.

Mike Dean: We met up with Skrillex, but he never made any contributions to the album. Actually, there's one song that's sitting around that's pretty good-- it'll be on something eventually. It had been in the running since last year. It's a work in progress.

mooooose

Why the fuck are people all of a sudden down on Danny Brown and old? Kush Coma was only ok but look at all the songs he put out this past year, all the features he has destroyed. And NOW you guys are worried because one song was mediocre (unsurprisingly too because it was skywlkr...), goddamn you guys are lame.

Also not says skywlkr hasn't made good beats but alot of them are doo doo and poorly engineered and mixed.

Also Mac miller took a huuuuuuuge L on those sales considering how competent an album he put out. The album has some really great songs.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
HiRes, mr. headphone guru, I just bought some audiotechnica M50s, know anything about em? Any good?

kamspy

Yeezus makes every other rap album coming out right now just seem safe and lacking on effort.

I tried that Cole again today man. I think the cover makes me want to like it, but fuck.

I give Ye much more credit for WTT than Hov (BPIII to me, is his worst album), so the only rapper fucking with Kanye on an effort and just swinging for the fences level, is Drake.

I haven't even listened to Saab Stories past the first verse of the first two songs. It's not that I don't love Bronson, it just seems old. Only reason I fucked with Cole so much (which ain't really much) is because I haven't put Saab or Wale on my phone yet. Gonna give those another swing but damn, shit just seems uninspired. Life is Good just got really exposed as a B level album.

Was Kanye in that Magna Carta trailer at all? Shit's got me worried. Timbo and Swizz are still living in 2002.

DominoKid

Yeezus makes every other rap album coming out right now just seem safe and lacking on effort.

I tried that Cole again today man. I think the cover makes me want to like it, but fuck.

I give Ye much more credit for WTT than Hov (BPIII to me, is his worst album), so the only rapper fucking with Kanye on an effort and just swinging for the fences level, is Drake.

I haven't even listened to Saab Stories past the first verse of the first two songs. It's not that I don't love Bronson, it just seems old. Only reason I fucked with Cole so much (which ain't really much) is because I haven't put Saab or Wale on my phone yet. Gonna give those another swing but damn, shit just seems uninspired. Life is Good just got really exposed as a B level album.

Was Kanye in that Magna Carta trailer at all? Shit's got me worried.
Timbo and Swizz are still living in 2002.

unfortunately not. i think (hope) he'll have a guest verse on it at least.

iavi

Why the fuck are people all of a sudden down on Danny Brown and old? Kush Coma was only ok but look at all the songs he put out this past year, all the features he has destroyed. And NOW you guys are worried because one song was mediocre (unsurprisingly too because it was skywlkr...), goddamn you guys are lame.

Also not says skywlkr hasn't made good beats but alot of them are doo doo and poorly engineered and mixed.

Also Mac miller took a huuuuuuuge L on those sales considering how competent an album he put out. The album has some really great songs.

Watching Movies, the title track, has been on repeat almost exclusively for the past couple days. That #bangbang

As for the Old salt, I think it's all the expectations after coming off of XXX. I'm really feeling like that was lighting in a bottle for DB, since I never liked much before that from him, and everything I've heard since hardly hits as good.

I don't want to relegate him to the status a of a FT artist. :(

unfortunately not. i think (hope) he'll have a guest verse on it at least.

No HOV presence on Yeezus, no Yeezus presence on MCHG. I'm thinking that this was intentional after WTT.

siddx

Good headphones besides the somewhat weird treble range good midrange and decent bass impact

Sweet I wanted some good mid level quality headphones and I read a few good reviews. I've been living with 5 dollar smart phone earbuds too long.

iavi

Sweet I wanted some good mid level quality headphones and I read a few good reviews. I've been living with 5 dollar smart phone earbuds too long.

The M50s were my first cans after escaping the apple earbud ghetto. They may be just good cans in the grand scale of audiophilism, but they're transformative for the first timer. When you first hear those hi-hat rolls that were too muddy to make out before, you'll know you've arrived.

siddx

Nice, I'm looking forward to them. Plugging in my Klipsche speakers into my laptop after a year of laptop speakers was mindblowing. I loaded up good kid maad city and realized I had never really heard it before.

PBY

Banned
Nice, I'm looking forward to them. Plugging in my Klipsche speakers into my laptop after a year of laptop speakers was mindblowing. I loaded up good kid maad city and realized I had never really heard it before.
Laptop speakers for a year ? Damn.

siddx

Laptop speakers for a year ? Damn.

Well I stole some shitty 20 dollar speakers from my work for about a month, but they were barely better than laptop quality. So yeah, I've been in audio quality hell for a year.

kamspy

Well I stole some shitty 20 dollar speakers from my work for about a month, but they were barely better than laptop quality. So yeah, I've been in audio quality hell for a year.

I can't even fathom how you went an entire year. I don't think I could go a week without something.

I've never really thought about something that deep. That would be my hell.

Anyone know how to edit tracks? I need those 3 minutes of silence edited off Illest Motherfucker Alive, I can do it in Itunes but it doesnt apply when I put it on Usb for the car.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Anyone know how to edit tracks? I need those 3 minutes of silence edited off Illest Motherfucker Alive, I can do it in Itunes but it doesnt apply when I put it on Usb for the car.
That's odd. Usually, if you edit it on iTunes and put it on your iPod/phone it should start and end at the same times you set on your iTunes.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I've been using that for a while. Just load up the track, highlight whatever you don't want in there, delete it, and finalize in MP3/WAV/OggVorbis. Easy way to boost volume, boost bass, and rearrange/fade out verses/hooks if you dare to mess with the music that much.

I haven't been in here in a while. I came looking for discussion about Nas's take on Let Nas Down.

Also kush coma is ok in my book. I don't think anybody woulda blinked if it was on xxx.

DominoKid

I haven't been in here in a while. I came looking for discussion about Nas's take on Let Nas Down.

Also kush coma is ok in my book. I don't think anybody woulda blinked if it was on xxx.

Nas: You didn't let me down. Oh by the way, I'm the GOAT. Let me show you how to rock properly. Enjoy Hov's struggle raps on MGHC!

in a nutshell.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Only 50% of the data is in, says so on that page.

EDIT: On Sight is too dope man. The choir, them grinded synths, everything.

jim-jones_1eye.jpg

ON SIGHTTTTTT!!!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Illest Motherfucker Alive has the GOAT Kanye verse. The first half of Jay's verse isn't bad either. That entire song is just oozing swag. The CuDi bit too >>> *

Lanvan thousand dollar tee with no logos, let me tell you what I see with my eyes closed.

Illest Motherfucker Alive has the GOAT Kanye verse. The first half of Jay's verse isn't bad either. That entire song is just oozing swag. The CuDi bit too >>> *

Lanvan thousand dollar tee with no logos, let me tell you what I see with my eyes closed.

MOVING IN SLOW MOTION SLOW MOTION

-GJ-

Even though I love Kush Coma (the beat is insane imo), he should work more with Frank Dukes. That guy made my favorite beats on XXX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom