• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Carmen before that.... Nas got child support for days fam

tumblr_lg3v2h8m9s1qgop71o1_500.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Flocka on the Breakfast Club. He went into it a bit when he was on Hot97 but he opens up a bit more here about how bitchmade Gucci is. Says he was on the original Wasted song and video, but Gucci made the director delete his parts.

What's that studio money rumour? They sorta mumbled it.

Esch

Banned
So brehs, I think we can all agree that Control is the Verse of the Year?

-technically dope
-took potshots at contemporaries a la Takeover
-received widespread attention from inside and outside the genre despite it being an unreleased Sharebeast track with zero radio play

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So brehs, I think we can all agree that Control is the Verse of the Year?

-technically dope
-took potshots at contemporaries a la Takeover
-received widespread attention from inside and outside the genre despite it being an unreleased Sharebeast track with zero radio play
It's verse of the year primarily for the 3rd point. Otherwise not even the best on the same song, and there are plenty other verses I enjoyed more like K.R.I.T. on 1Train, Cole on N**az Know, Pusha on Revolution, Gunplay on Ghetto Symphony, etc.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That Control verse is only getting verse of the year nods, because of the Takeover-esque shots. Outside of that and borrowed lines, it was K.Dot doing his best Pac impression with a bunch of nothing multies and his usual flow. I can't recall a single line outside of the KONY shit, aside from some shit about a grandad in an airplane, on some -onaJetskiwithaWetKnee-Cory Gunz type shit. Most overrated verse of the year, definitely.

Esch

Banned
If youre denying that verse was hot you're bugging. I listened to it right as it dropped and it had me going :whew:

And Enzo still thinks Jay Elec had the better verse, scust...

Esch

Banned
yeah I got to agree..... last time I felt like that about a verse was when loaded lux was giving calicoe that work.
That was more of an aggressive face to face slow beatdown. It was more like Scottie Pippens where I was like wtf and had to replay the song immediately out of disbelief

That's what immediately went through my mind, but I had no idea he was doing anything relevant. Producing a track with Kanye for Pusha sounds serious.

Joaquin made the beat for Kanye initially, for Yeezus, but Kanye thought it would suit Pusha more so he tweaked it a bit and passed it on to him.
I'm looking forward to hearing it, descriptions from the listening party are all positive.

Recon

Banned
If youre denying that verse was hot you're bugging. I listened to it right as it dropped and it had me going :whew:

And Enzo still thinks Jay Elec had the better verse, scust...

It was a dope verse, no doubt. But I have enjoyed other verses more.

Man, the year is near ending and no Oxymoron release date.

I still think it'll sell well since TDE got some die hards.

Still will to avy bet than Oxy sells more than 50K first week.

Recon

Banned
Man, the year is near ending and no Oxymoron release date.

I still think it'll sell well since TDE got some die hards.

Still will to avy bet than Oxy sells more than 50K first week.

It is hard to say. Q is huge in the college scene right now. I just dont know how well that will translate to sales.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That Control verse is only getting verse of the year nods, because of the Takeover-esque shots. Outside of that and borrowed lines, it was K.Dot doing his best Pac impression with a bunch of nothing multies and his usual flow. I can't recall a single line outside of the KONY shit, aside from some shit about a grandad in an airplane, on some -onaJetskiwithaWetKnee-Cory Gunz type shit. Most overrated verse of the year, definitely.
Well put. I think the lines preceding the King of NY lines are pretty dope (destruction mode), but other than that even though parts were technical, I thought it was just okay with some aggressive delivery that people haven't seen from Kendrick in a minute. Without the shots, people wouldn't be talking about it, for sure.

And Jay Elec did have the best verse, the story/vision he paints in that verse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kendrick calling out folks by name. I'm even debating Sean's verse being better at this point now that I've digested the lines where he repeats stuff over and over since that just sounded like noise to me at first. Honestly I'm perplexed at people who don't think Jay Elec's verse was better.. people really put more weight on namedropping than I imagined. I never expected a twitter frenzy either. I didn't know people were THAT conditioned to "I'm the best" raps when rappers do that everywhere without calling names.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

You're 100% on point. It's like Rocky said in the Flex interview, there were no quotables, outside of the name calling.

Jay Elec was a master technician on that beat.

Well put. I think the lines preceding the King of NY lines are pretty dope (destruction mode), but other than that even though parts were technical, I thought it was just okay with some aggressive delivery that people haven't seen from Kendrick in a minute. Without the shots, people wouldn't be talking about it, for sure.

And Jay Elec did have the best verse, the story/vision he paints in that verse >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kendrick calling out folks by name. I'm even debating Sean's verse being better at this point now that I've digested the lines where he repeats stuff over and over since that just sounded like noise to me at first. Honestly I'm perplexed at people who don't think Jay Elec's verse was better.. people really put more weight on namedropping than I imagined. I never expected a twitter frenzy either. I didn't know people were THAT conditioned to "I'm the best" raps when rappers do that everywhere without calling names.

I can partially agree with Jay's verse being better, but Sean?

You're willing to actually say Kendrick had the worse verse?

enzo pls

Man the beat on that Azealia is fresh!

Her ear for beats is definitely the best thing about her, it's just a shame once she gets on them that she has no clue how to make an actual song.
This new joint is better than ATM Jam but it's still just her spitting random gibberish as per usual.

She's boring.

Recon

Banned
You're 100% on point. It's like Rocky said in the Flex interview, there were no quotables, outside of the name calling.

Jay Elec was a master technician on that beat.

I agreed until the Jay Elec part. I still dont see what you people see in that bum. Snooze worthy verse of the year contender.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can partially agree with Jay's verse being better, but Sean?

You're willing to actually say Kendrick had the worse verse?

enzo pls
I don't know. No one is saying Kendrick's verse wasn't hot, but I slept on most of Sean's wordplay, not to mention that bit where he flips up his flow with the Mayweather lines, etc. is eargasmic.

The ending of Kendrick's verse is also anticlimactic IMO. This is all putting shit under the microscope, I think all 3 are dope verses.

Esch

Banned
Honestly I'm a fan of Jay Elec but people will give him dap for just stringing together a bunch of arabic and hebrew words together and making meandering tinfoil hat references and abrahamic talk. Shit is kinda samey. Now. Blah blah blah, el rahim el elohim jay elec melody came from a hobo to a hilluminati blah blah. Who cares, go away

It's verse of the year primarily for the 3rd point. Otherwise not even the best on the same song, and there are plenty other verses I enjoyed more like K.R.I.T. on 1Train, Cole on N**az Know, Pusha on Revolution, Gunplay on Ghetto Symphony, etc.
I agree, but people were clowning "Niggaz Know" here... So get ready.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
That was more of an aggressive face to face slow beatdown. It was more like Scottie Pippens where I was like wtf and had to replay the song immediately out of disbelief

I felt like that when I heard black hippy's u.e.a.n.o remix. Control was kendrick rick james slapping his entire peer group.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I agree, but people were clowning "Niggaz Know" here... So get ready.
That song is flames, even if he had a bit where he paid homage to B.I.G. (I don't get hating on obvious homages reusing/flipping lines especially when they go further with it in the context of the verse, but to each their own). I don't think most of GAF-Hop listened to it though, people listened to the regular Born Sinner and called it a day when that was on the Deluxe.

Esch

Banned
That Flocka interview gives me so much hope. I honestly wish he would hook up with some crazy exec producer like Rick Rubin or Timbaland or something who could bring out his full power. He openly talked about branching out from rap in that interview... I can't shake the feeling he's gonna drop some type of genre breaking classic
again

Never really got into Flocka's music, but from his interviews he seems like a really good dude.

His interview with Nardwuar alone kinda made me a fan of him without eem hearing any of his music. Except Round of Applause
clapclap

Yeah I think Flocka has mad potential if he hooks up with another dope producer. He needs a Lex-like collab to give us another Flockaveli.

Rick Rubin sounds alright. I want Flocka vs. Hudmo (and others that produced on yeezus)

Gucci Mane bottles fans who ask him for an autograph. Flocka's way cooler about it. I went to his concert and he jumped in the crowd and rapped with us and shit.

Anybody catch the the subliminals in Tuscan Leather?

I think Kenny just got the real response.

Does anyone think those are good lyrics? It's just so damn basic and forgettable. Drake is still impressing people with his flow at this point, just as Wayne did a few years ago. But when you listen...he's not saying much of anything. I'll review the album later, and so far I don't think it's bad but still...if this is him trying to impress people with his rapping I'm not impressed.

Esch

Banned
Discotheque said:
Rick Rubin sounds alright. I want Flocka vs. Hudmo (and others that produced on yeezus)
ew, what. Nobody wants to hear Flocka over that dark hipster shit, especially not his established fanbase. I cant imagine a more awkward and poorly received move he could make. Save it for the depressing soundcloud remixes.

This is a 'shut up Donny' post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom