• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Yeah I think Flocka has mad potential if he hooks up with another dope producer. He needs a Lex-like collab to give us another Flockaveli.

Rick Rubin sounds alright. I want Flocka vs. Hudmo (and others that produced on yeezus)

Gucci Mane bottles fans who ask him for an autograph. Flocka's way cooler about it. I went to his concert and he jumped in the crowd and rapped with us and shit.
I personally wouldn't want him to do another Flockaveli. He's already conquered trap and it would only make sense for him to branch out. I want him to fuck with other genres/scenes and fuck with people like Purity Ring, Denzel Curry, Sad Boys, etc. Regardless, I'll still look forward to whatever he puts out next.

I am not even sure what I want from Flocka honestly. His last mixtape had some really dope shit and out of his norm. Like some memphis type beats which were great

Esch

Banned
Expect trap artists with pop hits to turn to cvlt soundcloud production, brehs

Does anyone think those are good lyrics? It's just so damn basic and forgettable. Drake is still impressing people with his flow at this point, just as Wayne did a few years ago. But when you listen...he's not saying much of anything. I'll review the album later, and so far I don't think it's bad but still...if this is him trying to impress people with his rapping I'm not impressed.
I dont see it either. People praise him a lot for being introspective but I dont find him insightful at all outside of some bon mots about females. I dont see how the average cat finds him relateable either. Hes pretty much an average
rapper with a great hook game. I might have to go listen to some more of his stuff to see if im missing something, but I can't be assed since his music is everywhere.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That Flocka interview gives me so much hope. I honestly wish he would hook up with some crazy exec producer like Rick Rubin or Timbaland or something who could bring out his full power. He openly talked about branching out from rap in that interview... I can't shake the feeling he's gonna drop some type of genre breaking classic
again
Considering him talking about Just and the direction both of their careers have taken, it's pretty much destiny at this point.

That's fine and I'm all for remixes but I would love to hear the output of Flocka working with the producer from the get go.

Yeah. And I love sadboys and other soundcloud producers, but I don't think they can work within the confines of major labels. They can't get those samples cleared

Also control was merely verse of the month. I can't even put it above those two s-rank verses on the ASAP album from big krit and gunplay

overcast

Can't wait to see Hemsworth next Tuesday. Not even sure what to expect as far as the audience goes (hopefully some fine girls, it's SD so I bet).

Also 2 weeks guys. Get ready. #Old

kamspy

After another listen, it's a nice album. But I really think after this and Take Care, 40 has a lot more to do with Drake's success than Drake.

Not that 40 could blow someone else up, but I don't think Drake would be where he is if he was being fed YMCMB beats.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Just gave this drake album a listen and its not for me. A few decent beats but the content just isn't something I want to listen to.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dcf6fe981f0411e38deb22000ae911d0_7-450x450.jpg

Nosetalgia artwork. Push:

“We gave two perspectives [on the song]. [Kendrick Lamar] was giving more, looking from the inside of his home and how his family and his crusade through the drug epidemic affected him. I was giving you the junior high, high school start, showing you what it was and where I was at.”

Sounds like it will be dope. Hopefully the production is good. With Nottz and Ye, has to be.

@ernestbaker_: Best Rap Album Grammy: Drake vs. Kanye vs. Jay Z vs. Kendrick and when Macklemore wins we're all gonna be sick

Gaf gonna explode when The Heist takes it over GKMC

Esch

Banned
Nah. We all expect The Heist to take the grammy. He's a white guy, he has hits, he has award pandering material with the gay rights song. Its in the bag.

Plus its a Grammy who gives a flying fuck

overcast

Here's a thought...which is the better southern gangsta rap album:

UGK's Ridin' Dirty or Scarface's The Diary?
I personally prefer The Diary.

I don't give a damn about Grammy's, but literally the only way Mackelmore wins is that he has the pop appeal and is white. That's why he's going to win isn't it?

effzee

I personally prefer The Diary.

I don't give a damn about Grammy's, but literally the only way Mackelmore wins is that he has the pop appeal and is white. That's why he's going to win isn't it?

Its the grammys. I don't know what their criteria is for rap but they usually go for the most popular rap album that sold the best.

Doesn't make it less valid just cause Mackelmore wins.

overcast

Its the grammys. I don't know what their criteria is for rap but they usually go for the most popular rap album that sold the best.

Doesn't make it less valid just cause Mackelmore wins.
It's always not valid is what you're saying? Cause that is true.

effzee

It's always not valid is what you're saying? Cause that is true.

Well yeah if that's how you look at it. These award shows are for what actually sells and people listen to. Not what internet rap heads determine to be the best.

It was true for when Kanye won his awards, or when Jay won his, or whenever whoever was the most popular.

My point was just cause its Mackelmore doesn't mean its a new concept.

I'd love for Jay Z to win it to really see this place go nuts.

DominoKid

Well yeah if that's how you look at it. These award shows are for what actually sells and people listen to. Not what internet rap heads determine to be the best.

It was true for when Kanye won his awards, or when Jay won his, or whenever whoever was the most popular.

My point was just cause its Mackelmore doesn't mean its a new concept.

I'd love for Jay Z to win it to really see this place go nuts.

Jay or Macklemore winning at the grammys would be the least surprising outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom