• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I fuck with it for sure. Both went in.

Biz it looks like it's pretty split between 360/PS3 honestly. 6 and a half hours guys, fuck. I have a huge math test Wednesday so I'll be fucked basically.
I got the perfect set up for GTA. Early morning class tomorrow, get home when the mail usually comes in. Got an evening class that day, but the next two days I only got one class each day. So ready to eat.

Cudder

I got the perfect set up for GTA. Early morning class tomorrow, get home when the mail usually comes in. Got an evening class that day, but the next two days I only got one class each day. So ready to eat.

So you got shit to do this whole week basically. Hardly the perfect setup for GTA lol.

overcast

My gym closes at midnight so I might time my workout to finish at midnight then swing by Future Shop on the way home and see if I can get a copy.
That's exactly what I'm doing. I need to workout, but I'll be going to grab it after. It's been a while since I've been this excited for a game. Well Infinite, but before that I can't remember.

Pre-loading or you got it early?

Mine just shipped, awww yeah

FreshSmileyApache.gif

I never understood why people order it off the internet.

Why not go there first thing in the morning and get it instead of waiting for the mail to come?

edit: nvm posted the reason lol :/

I fuck with it for sure. Both went in.

Biz it looks like it's pretty split between 360/PS3 honestly. 6 and a half hours guys, fuck. I have a huge math test Wednesday so I'll be fucked basically.

I know it's game of the gen, but it will feel so much better if you pick it up after your math exam

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So you got shit to do this whole week basically. Hardly the perfect setup for GTA lol.
Well, I forgot to add it's essentially the 2nd week of school, and first real lectures lol No deadlines in sight.

Maybe not perfect exactly but still, I'm geeked to get home tmmro as it's coming in the mail.

I never understood why people order it off the internet.

Why not go there first thing in the morning and get it instead of waiting for the mail to come?

edit: nvm posted the reason lol :/
I got the game for $40 fam. You're from Canada, didn't you too during the tsilon deals?

Honestly, I don't care for going out at midnight. I can wait and have that shit come to me when I wake up.

mooooose

Are you talking digital release?

I don't think XBL does first day digital, it'll be a few weeks at minimum. You can pre-load on PSN right now though.

Yeah, I didn't preorder and I'm not about to run around looking for a copy at midnight but I'm down to play it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Shit man, this week blows for me and GTA. I'll be stuck at work for the rest of the week most likely pulling 10-12hr days each day until Sunday.

but really ok Saturday I'm gunna bring my ps3 in. One of the monitors I use at work has HDMI in with built in speakers. I'mma get paid double overtime and play gtav

mooooose

all the GOOD releases flopped. they all shouldve came out last year. look at how cruel summer/mercy made 2Chainz. it literally put him on the map in a big way. pusha and sean couldve cemented themselves in hip hop in a big way but instead kendrick came and now no one gives a shit about their rappin asses because tbh they kinda suck as song makers. 10 2 10 is literally one of the most embarrassing things ive heard in my life, worse than the girl who pussied out of her ventriloquist act. pushas singles are all cool but they arent for anyone besides drug dealers and lyrical ghetto dudes who arent aware of the internet.

GOOD took so many Ls this year

edit - also pushas album would be cool if it was some minimalist weird beats and mostly short solo cuts, but it looks like hes just trying to be successful and has rnb hooks. come on son. what a fuckin mess. pusha had a real chance to make an experimental coke rap demonic album. its gonna be some bs.

overcast

I know it's game of the gen, but it will feel so much better if you pick it up after your math exam
Yeah, you're right. I'm going to crack down. I'll avoid the shit out of it. Wednesday is a big day of school in general, then I can focus on GTA for literally the rest of the week.

PBY

Banned
all the GOOD releases flopped. they all shouldve came out last year. look at how cruel summer/mercy made 2Chainz. it literally put him on the map in a big way. pusha and sean couldve cemented themselves in hip hop in a big way but instead kendrick came and now no one gives a shit about their rappin asses because tbh they kinda suck as song makers. 10 2 10 is literally one of the most embarrassing things ive heard in my life, worse than the girl who pussied out of her ventriloquist act. pushas singles are all cool but they arent for anyone besides drug dealers and lyrical ghetto dudes who arent aware of the internet.

GOOD took so many Ls this year

edit - also pushas album would be cool if it was some minimalist weird beats and mostly short solo cuts, but it looks like hes just trying to be successful and has rnb hooks. come on son. what a fuckin mess. pusha had a real chance to make an experimental coke rap demonic album. its gonna be some bs.
Don't agree with all of this, but Ye don't give a fuck. He dropped the album of the year and said y'all do y'all. Fuck a feature.

mooooose

millions, pusha's single off his MIXTAPE got DOUBLE the views his lead single did

why? it came out shortly after cruel summer with 0 promo or push

same goes for exodus, and it incited beef at a time when TDE wasn't a force to be reckoned with, it was def all on GOOD vs YMCMB

even blocka did as well as his lead single

fuck man they fucked pusha all up

big sean has more views... which is scary for pusha. guap was a contained hit, not huge or anything but when you put your best single out a year before the album what the fuck do you expect to happen? maybe you couldve done a little better for yourself

Don't agree with all of this, but Ye don't give a fuck. He dropped the album of the year and said y'all do y'all. Fuck a feature.
he should, he's their boss. he's a pretty garbage boss. any success that's happened on GOOD was mostly by accident as far as i can tell. cudi was maybe the only well thoughout thing kanye's achieved with GOOD

DominoKid

impending fatherhood >>> giving features to the second string

Cudi was the only one that made something of himself. That's why he left.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GOOD took a few Ls but most were kind of construed as Ls, and just contracts that ran out on the production end. I don't know what your on moooose. Overall net positive thus far IMO:

CuDi proves he has built a massive loyal fanbase and will be straight for life. New album was a massive win considering dude's career circumstances and being post-WZRD.

Pusha has never made so much money in his career as he has in the past year, kinda silly if any L is attached to this when dude is the biggest he's ever been and still consistently getting features. Ascended to Jadakiss status.

Big Sean this past year has solidified himself in the game and ensured he's not going anywhere for the next 2 years. Snapped on Drake's street single, that Drake even removed his verse after it on the album version. Last year he was on 2-3 of the biggest records period. Mediocre album sales mean nothing when dude is sought after in the industry.

Consequence further dissociated from the label.

Legend put out an album largely produced by Ye that people seem to be liking.

Hit-Boy put in work, his contract ran out, and hasn't been able to replicate the same success off of Ye's guidance. In that time dude put in work.

Q-Tip signed and now working on new album.

The only big L I can think of is Yeezus displacing Hall of Fame and My Name is My Name releases. I think Ye gives a fuck, few label heads are even half as hands on. The problem is Big Sean felt a certain type of way about Guap flopping, and Pusha doesn't understand timing (which doesn't matter since he's still hot, but now he doesn't have any good singles even if Numbers On The Boards sort of was a big viral hit). Mostly contained to label issues rather than imprint problems.

Esch

Banned
WOW. I'm looking at Clipse first week sales and those guyshave never beaten 80k first week, dead.

Anyway, I preordered Old. Why, I don't know. I just wanna support Danny.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lets keep it real GOOD is the worst big name rap label to be on besides Def Jam
It's the worst out of the 3 biggest, yeah.

Just something to note is the whole big clique thing last year seemed to have fizzled, and the releases seem to reflect that. When all eyes were on who's on MMG, YMCMB and GOOD, they were doing numbers. 2013 rolls around and projections go underground and now you have these issues marketing and trying to find singles. A bunch of different stuff has contributed to that.

effzee

None of these big labels work in launching new comers because ppl only care about the big star. Being attached to a name only goes so far. Unless you have a certified hit no one gives a shit.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Pusha has never made so much money in his career as he has in the past year, kinda silly if any L is attached to this when dude is the biggest he's ever been and still consistently getting features. Ascended to Jadakiss status.

That's it. Thats exactly who pusha is..... damn I didn't see it until you said it but Pusha is on the Jada Career Arc full throttle.

Clipse = Lox (which is hilarious considering they had that random lox feature on their first album) Both groups did their best to get out of their first deals to the point they burned bridges. GOOD Music is just Pusha's version of Ruff Ryder (aka getting that money) and this album is going to be be just as disappointing as "kiss the game good bye". All he has to do now is get into rap beef with a street rapper from philly on a better performing label (what is meek millz really doing anyhow?) to fulfill his destiny.

We should call him Pushakiss from now on.....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Big Sean should be finished tbh. There's no room for him anymore.
Maybe if Kendrick keeps taking all these features, but I still think there's demand for a poor man's Drake on songs.

If he gets dropped, I can see him still doing well indie. I just don't think he's going away soon when he's just had the best year of his career and in that year probably multiplied his fan base. Too much raw talent and pretty much everyone in the industry fucks with him, from the new school, to Em and Nas coming to him for features.

Esch

Banned
Big Sean is just the new Mase. Fruity corny for the ladies rapper with some industry pull. He might get some radio play but nobodys lining up to buy his albums. Hell I like the guy and ill never give him my money for a CD or live performance.. I feel like people bought Mase albums at some point at least though.his songs just arent good enough. Theyre palatable even catchy.. but not the kind of things that build fanbases. And you need that to survive longer than 5 years in the game.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

ok so if sean is the new mase

and Pusha is the new Jada

does that make Kanye the new Diddy?

and if Kanye is the new Diddy..... is Jay his version of Biggie?

DominoKid

I wonder if kids like Big Sean like we liked Mase when I was a kid. That's why I love all these Mase callbacks from like the last 18 months.

Tokubetsu

Big Sean is just the new Mase. Fruity corny for the ladies rapper with some industry pull. He might get some radio play but nobodys lining up to buy his albums. Hell I like the guy and ill never give him my money for a CD or live performance.. I feel like people bought Mase albums at some point at least though.his songs just arent good enough. Theyre palatable even catchy.. but not the kind of things that build fanbases. And you need that to survive longer than 5 years in the game.

I bought Harlem World.

Esch

Banned
That implies that Jay is better than Ye tho.

:]
Yeah, pretty much. Ye is only really stanned by a certain breed of milennials. Jay has nurtured the game and fathered Kanyes style since the beginning. I think we all expected Darth Kanye to throw Emperor Jay down the Death Star shaft at some point in their mutual careers, but it looks like dat gulf keeps widening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom