• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
xQKPIK5.jpg

Untitled-1.png

damn all these rappers deleting tweets and shit. i cant even. especially Travis and A$AP

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
If any of us become famous rappers, we better hope nobody starts looking through past gaf hop threads.

if it was me, I wouldn't even keep a twitter account. let the publicists handle that shit. it's not worth it

these days reckless posts can become stories and shit. fuck that

Esch

Banned
Yo forget rappers the digging in the crates is gonna be funny as hell when people 18-25 now run for office. Regrets everywhere.

Trey

Yo forget rappers the digging in the crates is gonna be funny as hell when people 18-25 now run for office. Regrets everywhere.

Won't really matter unless they find some extreme stuff. Everybody will have those immature skeletons in their Internet past.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Those old tweets got me dieing.

It's easy to hate Wale. Ross swears he's the next Langston Hughes, when he raps that average ass remedial poetry of his.

thabiz

Deltron 3030, Pusha T, Action Bronson, 9th Wonder, Slick Rick, Doug E. Fresh, KRS-One, J. Cole, and Wale.

just added to Rock the Bells.

DangerStepp

Born Sinner started off somewhat strong for me.

It's been nothing but lullabies since the third track; I'm getting sleepy over here.

Does it get better?

I didn't really get into Cole World so this guy probably isn't my bag.

Ovid

Not really feeling it so far.

Those old tweets got me dieing.

It's easy to hate Wale. Ross swears he's the next Langston Hughes, when he raps that average ass remedial poetry of his.
He's fallen off since signing with MMG. His lyrics are wack, sound very repetitive and contradicts everything he preached in his earlier mixtapes. It's unfortunate, I really thought he was the next best thing.

"Back To The Feature" was such a great mixtape -- his first studio album was pretty good too.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think he should just stick to guest appearances.

DangerStepp

I can't finish this album; it's boring. Is there a single on this?

Just when I think he's gonna get going on a track he starts singing. He shouldn't sing.

Sorry J. Cole, I tried.

KingKong

So it's a week later, what do you guys think about Yeezus?

I listened to it a ton over the last week and I really love it. It's such a cohesive piece of work, every song and lyric and beat and sample belong on it and build up to something greater than a sum of its parts. I can't think of a song I don't like but my favorites are New Slaves, Blood on the Leaves, Hold My Liquor, I'm in It and Bound 2

College Dropout is my favorite album of his but I like Yeezus a lot more than Dark Twisted Fantast, 808s and Graduation

DangerStepp

Loving Yeezus and still listening.

What I dig about Kanye's work (and Yeezus is no different) is that every time I listen I hear something different that wasn't there before.

As minimalistic as the production is, there is a lot going on conceptually and I enjoy experiencing it. The ambition of it all is the cherry on top for me.

siddx

I listened to it a ton over the last week and I really love it. It's such a cohesive piece of work, every song and lyric and beat and sample belong on it and build up to something greater than a sum of its parts. I can't think of a song I don't like but my favorites are New Slaves, Blood on the Leaves, Hold My Liquor, I'm in It and Bound 2

College Dropout is my favorite album of his but I like Yeezus a lot more than Dark Twisted Fantast, 808s and Graduation

It's an embarrassing mess with brief moments of interest. Like someone made a tasty meal, then tossed that shit in a blender with every other ingredient in the kitchen and served it up like some fancy new form of meal. You can taste remnants of something delicious, but most of it is just a nasty pile of shit trying to look more clever than it is.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yeezus is pretty great. As far as ease of listening to I'd put it up there with graduation. I don't really have to sit down and listen to them I can just sing along. I won't give you my actual rankings on the album because they change so much. It's a bit hard for me to say this album is better than this since all his albums have unique strengths and weaknesses. It just depends on my mood. Anyways, back to yeezus someone in the other thread said that bound 2 was the litmus test to see if people were stuck on the old ye. I personally think that on sight is that litmus test. It's a very polarizing track to begin with especially when people think this is a hip-hop album first and foremost. I feel that if you're having problems with that initial song you're going to have problems with the rest of the album. Yeezus is sonically more cohesive than any other album he's previously put out. It's just a fun I don't give a fuck album with hints of emotion, hints of social commentary, and decisive hints of self parody. It seems as if ye didn't want to go full in with this album. It seems more as if he just wanted to make you jam all summer and I'm okay with that. I wouldn't rate this album above a lot of his others but this album is probably going to rank and be a favorite above the others for a while.

Esch

Banned

It's dope as fuck, still goes in the whip, has a nice mix of production from a bunch of different sources.

Hold My Liquor is my soty

DangerStepp

'Bound 2' is the satisfying climax after a build up of constant oppression and darkness.

It's 'Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah' after coming out of the Laughing Place and threats of being thrown into the briar patch.

It's dope as fuck, still goes in the whip, has a nice mix of production from a bunch of different sources.

Hold My Liquor is my soty

Hold My Liquor is the point where Yeezus goes from really good to great for me. Overall it still holds up and I can listen all the way through still.

CD > LR > Yeezus > MBDTF > 808s > Graduation > WTT

imBask

Banned
Hold My Liquor is the point where Yeezus goes from really good to great for me. Overall it still holds up and I can listen all the way through still.

CD > LR > Yeezus > MBDTF > 808s > Graduation > WTT

I disagree with parts of your list, but I respect it because WTT was pretty bad and overated IMO

siddx

Late Registration > CD > Graduation >>WTT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 808's >>>>>>>>MBDTRSVP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yeezus

LR : 8.5/10
CD : 8/10
G : 7.5/10
WTT : 6/10
808 : 4/10
MBDTNTACDC : 2/10
Yeezus : 1/10

Cruel Summer : 5/10

DominoKid

Tyler, The Creator ✔ @fucktyler
I STILL HATE EVERYONE HAHA GOLF WANG HMMMMMM ALL MY FRIENDS ARE SAYING SORRY AND SHIT NO FUCK THAT

siddx

haha I saw that. I don't fuck with Tyler's music at all, but the dude is funny as hell and seems like he'd be fun to chill with.

If any of us become famous rappers, we better hope nobody starts looking through past gaf hop threads.

Man...Why did you throw that up in the universe man. All the shit I said about Kanye is going to comeback and get me hard.

Yes, a Conway list!

808's>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EVERYTHING!

Esch

Banned
Tyler makes off the cuff remarks about other rappers and deletes them like a bitch all the time, then apologizes on some "LOL IM WEIRD SORRY". Get medicated you weirdo.

I hope someone trips him the next time he goes skateboarding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom