• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
i subscribed to it haha, its in my top 10 since i started reading GAF probably.

golden niggas thread is the undisupted champ though, i can't even think about it without dyin'.

That was freemufasa who made that thread right? lol I think I was in some place public dying while reading that thread haha...2013 has been a good year for ridiculousness.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
he never gets banned for posting like a hoodrat. its weird that the mods are okay with his ratchet behavior...he's kinda like the black version of blamespace

caesar

Banned
he never gets banned for posting like a hoodrat. its weird that the mods are okay with his ratchet behavior...he's kinda like the black version of blamespace

He's from London as well lmao, I thought he was from Detroit or some shit way he was goin on.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Digging this. Especially the Exorcist, Tubular Bells-ish thing going on.
Had to sample the piano because I still have trouble playing something tat doesn't sound like a 5 year playing around with a piano
I like this a lot. It seems like you're getting the hang of beatmaking rather quickly.
trying to man... trying to..
I like it. I don't have my speakers plugged in so I can't tell if there is a bassline or not?
If I had thought to bring my mic with me I'd be tempted to throw something on top of that for fun. I have some old piece of shit mic here somewhere, maybe ill see if it still works sometime this week.

doesn't really have a bassline per se.. just kicks and snares and claps..

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Fuck I was planning on going but I just went to see Kdot and TDE two weeks ago at Reliant Arena

I was going to hit the J. Cole show last night until I saw a picture of gang of people outside in line at like 2 in the afternoon. 2 in the afternoon in 95 degree Houston heat. Eff all that. You know it was kinda ripe up in there once the show started. I'll search Youtube for the best parts of the show tonight. [/OldManRapFan]

Blackace

What DAW are you using?
I'm liking it. I think it's a little weak on the lows, exasperated by such a shrilly melody--also making the repetition especially noticeable, but I do see you getting arrangement down quick here. Keep it coming!

FL 10

I should layer the drums like Shinobi said and tweak some of the levels

Nah, the lows are fine and so is the mixing. Ace, just layer your sounds and your good. To get an idea. Just try to mimic someone you like(Like their drum pattern and breaks for example)and from there, boom.

Drum patterns I am doing aiight I believe
Just having trouble with melodies and sounds

I was going to hit the J. Cole show last night until I saw a picture of gang of people outside in line at like 2 in the afternoon. 2 in the afternoon in 95 degree Houston heat. Eff all that. You know it was kinda ripe up in there once the show started. I'll search Youtube for the best parts of the show tonight. [/OldManRapFan]

SMH didn't even think about the weather it was hot waiting for Kdot around 4:30 for the front area fuck waiting during the hottest time of the day plus I had work that too.

I would like to apologize for my behaviour yesterday. uncalled for.
It's all good. Things don't get that personal in here. We all fuck with each other. Fam.

SMH didn't even think about the weather it was hot waiting for Kdot around 4:30 for the front area fuck waiting during the hottest time of the day plus I had work that too.

Yeah, I wasn't bout to stand out in that heat. Although, I could of asked someone to go get the tickets for me lol. Didn't really think of that til I knew for sure it was sold out. It's cool though will be seeing Chance the Rapper this thursday.

PP and I called those Yeezus sales btw

see5harp

Count me in the what the hell this Mac Miller album is aight camp. What the fuck happened to this dude. Production is a huge step up but even his raps and hooks are competent. To be entirely honest, I'm finding this album to be infintely more listenable than the Kanye album. That Action Bronson verse hella dope.

It's all good. Things don't get that personal in here. We all fuck with each other. Fam.

Yeah, I wasn't bout to stand out in that heat. Although, I could of asked someone to go get the tickets for me lol. Didn't really think of that til I knew for sure it was sold out. It's cool though will be seeing Chance the Rapper this thursday.

PP and I called those Yeezus sales btw

My friends have been trying to get me to go that too isn't Mac Miller headlining ?
Off topic but I was watching Courage the Cowardly dog and I watched that episode with your avatar high as hell I got to say the creepy shit they got away with on that show is crazy.

My friends been trying to get me to go that too isn't Mac Miller headlining ?

Yeah, I just didn't say him for some reason, but I'm pretty excited. I know Chance has used a live band in his recent shows from what I hear and it seems like Mac Miller has been liking that as well so I'm hoping it turns out great

Yeah, I just didn't say him for some reason, but I'm pretty excited. I know Chance has used a live band in his recent shows from what I hear and it seems like Mac Miller has been liking that as well so I'm hoping it turns out great

That makes sense a lot of the songs on Acid Rap use live instruments I dunno about how Mac's new album would work with it.

My first listen to yeezus involved a lot of laughing bc I couldn't believe what he was trying to pull off. It clicked a lot more for me on the second listen. I didn't know what to expect after Onsite.

Blackace

My first listen to yeezus involved a lot of laughing bc I couldn't believe what he was trying to pull off. It clicked a lot more for me on the second listen. I didn't know what to expect after Onsite.
It's pretty shitty

Basically 300k sales for Cole first week. That's pretty damn impressive, and really proves that the labels don't understand what's going on. Artists that build their fanbase a block at a time last in this game. Cole, Kendrick, Drake, etc spent a whole lot of time doing events for DJs, signing shit for fans, releasing critically acclaimed mixtapes, etc. It works far better than artificially creating a hit and getting a record deal (Trinidad James).

see5harp

I don't mind him trying to change up the style. It's not like he's the first guy to get up on minimal electronic music. It's just not that entertaining to me. I geniunely like Kanye and many of his albums but I think the 5 seconds of snippets for the Jay-Z Samsung ad have me 10x more excited to hear that project and Jay-Z hasn't had a great verse in a while.

Blackace

I don't mind him trying to change up the style. It's not like he's the first guy to get up on minimal electronic music. It's just not that entertaining to me. I geniunely like Kanye and many of his albums but I think the 5 seconds of snippets for the Jay-Z Samsung ad have me 10x more excited to hear that project and Jay-Z hasn't had a great verse in a while.

His on Clique laughs at this statement

Blackace

Basically 300k sales for Cole first week. That's pretty damn impressive, and really proves that the labels don't understand what's going on. Artists that build their fanbase a block at a time last in this game. Cole, Kendrick, Drake, etc spent a whole lot of time doing events for DJs, signing shit for fans, releasing critically acclaimed mixtapes, etc. It works far better than artificially creating a hit and getting a record deal (Trinidad James).

Mixtapes good for artist
Not so great for labels

PBY

Banned
http://limelinx.com/d03z8

Blackace, that was dope. I can't believe how much progress you made in like... days?!

Knew I wanted to fuck around with it, heres something I made SUPER quick/dirty when I got home from work, so the mix is off and its rough.

All you were missing was more drums and maybe a bassline.

JEKKI

hola so today I listened to Machine Gun Kelly - Lace Up.

it is not a good record :(

he seems like a cool dood, but the record was made for women...

does this guy have any good earlier material I should check out??

Cudder

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if J Cole sells more in the long run than Kanye. Only 30k behind him first week, good shit.

overcast

I'm pretty sure selling the same day as Kanye didn't help.
Almost seems like it helped him? Dude sold 300k. Great first week.
Graduation money is the most amazing thing ever. I need y'all addresses so I can rake in more free cheddar lol.
Man, I only got 200 for HS graduation. That's from 1 aunt. I have about 50 first cousins and 10-14 aunts/uncles. Maybe college graduation will result in better? Not sure, I have at least a few years though.

Fam let me down.

HiResDes

hola so today I listened to Machine Gun Kelly - Lace Up.

it is not a good record :(

he seems like a cool dood, but the record was made for women...

does this guy have any good earlier material I should check out??
Just move on, aint nobody got time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom