• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Yo since Kung fu film legend Lau Kar-Leung died today I'm gonna watch his classic movie Shaolin Challenges Ninja in the plug.dj room yall are welcome to join. Although I guess Des is there lol

http://plug.dj/gaf-hop/

2504.jpg

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Almost seems like it helped him? Dude sold 300k. Great first week.

Man, I only got 200 for HS graduation. That's from 1 aunt. I have about 50 first cousins and 10-14 aunts/uncles. Maybe college graduation will result in better? Not sure, I have at least a few years though.

Fam let me down.
Yea it did. I was being sarcastic lol. Wait until college grad my friend. Mmmm I'm nearing 1500 now.

DominoKid

Future & Mike Will - Shit

Almost seems like it helped him? Dude sold 300k. Great first week.

Man, I only got 200 for HS graduation. That's from 1 aunt. I have about 50 first cousins and 10-14 aunts/uncles. Maybe college graduation will result in better? Not sure, I have at least a few years though.

Fam let me down.

i didn't get anything for graduating college. to say that i'm salty would be an understatement. my fam let me down big time.

Summoning my IrishNinja on this one...

A lot of it is half truths and distortions though. Like I already said, Jay's lack of depth as an emcee is made up for by his unparalleled breadth. If you know someone more versatile and proven successful at working with different partners... Well, you really dont. Then you talk about Jay-Z being opportunistic and entrepreneurial like it's some sort of sin. Jay was one of the few guys pushing hip hop to the people outside of the base with collabs and shit. That shit helps keep hip hop alive and relevant. Its like ninjas hating on Call of Duty and Halo and shit and not realizing that games like that are not only a) fun but b) keep all the infrastructure and fanbase or even a lot of the really underground shit you like to stay alive. Kanye is helping Hov? Interesting viewpoint. Of course you could say that Hov did quite a bit by throwing his support behind Kanye when he was still a fledgling. I hope you don't hate on your parents for helping you get through your education and shit.

Esch is on top form here. Co sign the shit outta this.

Contrived or not still begs the question whether the album was good or not. It's a great album [IMO].

'Fallin'' of 'American Gangsta' is one of my favorite Jay-Z tracks.

Fallin is so dope. I loved that album

Gotta be relevant for people to come at you

This one deserved more attention lol

Hold My Liquor is the point where Yeezus goes from really good to great for me. Overall it still holds up and I can listen all the way through still.

CD > LR > Yeezus > MBDTF > 808s > Graduation > WTT

Man I really think people should go re listen to WTT. The album is great, put the Kanye stannery and the Hov hate to the side for a minute and enjoy the album.

I wish I was rich just so I could see him naked in a country club bath room and laugh.

Uhhh...

I would like to apologize for my behaviour yesterday. uncalled for.

No need. People have bad days. Just don't bail on the thread again, us stuck in the 90s dudes are dying out.

Man I really think people should go re listen to WTT. The album is great, put the Kanye stannery and the Hov hate to the side for a minute and enjoy the album.

Graduation and WTT swap places on any given day for me honestly. While I listen to Graduation I'm like, 'yea this song is pretty good' but as soon as the album ends I'm just underwhelmed. I actually think I'm higher on WTT than the majority of people here, it's a fun, light summer album for better or worse.

Graduation and WTT swap places on any given day for me honestly. While I listen to Graduation I'm like, 'yea this song is pretty good' but as soon as the album ends I'm just underwhelmed. I actually think I'm higher on WTT than the majority of people here, it's a fun, light summer album for better or worse.

Im starting to think Its just my new sub in the car. Anything that kinda bumps just sounds so much better now. Even WTT, Im loving this album lately.

iavi

http://limelinx.com/d03z8

Blackace, that was dope. I can't believe how much progress you made in like... days?!

Knew I wanted to fuck around with it, heres something I made SUPER quick/dirty when I got home from work, so the mix is off and its rough.

All you were missing was more drums and maybe a bassline.

Peterboy, which DAW are you using? I'm in the shop for one. I've always used Logic, but that'd require me buying a Mac Mini or Air for just music production, since I'm all windows atm.

PBY

Banned
Peterboy, which DAW are you using? I'm in the shop for one. I've always used Logic, but that'd require me buying a Mac Mini or Air for just music production, since I'm all windows atm.

I've used Logic before, best stock samples imho. Right now tho, I use Ableton. Its always been my favorite, so versatile, especially if you wanna mess with samples.

iavi

I've used Logic before, best stock samples imho. Right now tho, I use Ableton. Its always been my favorite, so versatile, especially if you wanna mess with samples.

A friend of mine swears by Ableton and it's real-time warping. I'm tempted.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Blackace, the beat was cool. You'll be good once you learn the keys some more.

Future - Shit (tagged)
Need a keyboard right now it's all mouse

http://limelinx.com/d03z8

Blackace, that was dope. I can't believe how much progress you made in like... days?!

Knew I wanted to fuck around with it, heres something I made SUPER quick/dirty when I got home from work, so the mix is off and its rough.

All you were missing was more drums and maybe a bassline.

Will listen in a few hours! Can't wait!

CRS

Neat.

i somehow still havent gotten around to buying yeezus..

Still need to finish listening to it but have no desire to do so right now. ESGN and Mac are still in rotation.

Oh and will listen to Dessa's new album soon. Her album should be out now or soon but I finally got my DL for it.

coldvein

Banned
Oh and will listen to Dessa's new album soon. Her album should be out now or soon but I finally got my DL for it.

yeah pretty sure its out today. will probably hit up the store tomorrow and grab that and yeezus.

..dig that skeleton key track

IrishNinja

let's rank ye albums again

Yo since Kung fu film legend Lau Kar-Leung died today

fuck...R.I.P.

Summoning my IrishNinja on this one...

No need. People have bad days. Just don't bail on the thread again, us stuck in the 90s dudes are dying out.

i missed a lotta this, but i'm down with the stuck-in-the-90s heads so biz & ya'll know i got your back here

WTF at getting money for finishing school... America has the weirdest fucking customs sometimes

nah man, kids with families that got money get money
the rest of us bums get a beer and a "i hope you payin for your own college, also i'm renting out your room"

So, India.Arie's album came out today.

anybody gonna listen to it?

totally forgot, is it on spotify? ill prolly try it out but she's not an artist i can get into a whole album from most times. i like some of her shit but i can only hear about the healing power of love and new age crystals for so long nahmean

Yo forget rappers the digging in the crates is gonna be funny as hell when people 18-25 now run for office. Regrets everywhere.

the 2044 debates or whatever are gonna be a trip with this shit
"'drunk & high AT THE SAME DAMN TIME #YOLO", is this who we want for our kids?!"

Bishman

Basically 300k sales for Cole first week. That's pretty damn impressive, and really proves that the labels don't understand what's going on. Artists that build their fanbase a block at a time last in this game. Cole, Kendrick, Drake, etc spent a whole lot of time doing events for DJs, signing shit for fans, releasing critically acclaimed mixtapes, etc. It works far better than artificially creating a hit and getting a record deal (Trinidad James).

Labels will never learn until it is too late.

Tabris

I just wanted to come in here to say that My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is criminally under appreciated.

Dark Fantasy - Great intro to the song and album. Sets the tone of the entire thing going forward.
Power - The best beat / sampling on the album.
All The Lights - How can this song not get you moving? Great flow and sick beat. It's criminal this song wasn't being played in clubs in 2010, but shit like Dynamite from Taio Cruz (no offense to anyone that likes that song, just my opinion) was. Great collabs too.
Runaway - My personal favourite. That piano build up is glorious. Beat drops, amazing. Feeling it. Pusha T comes with the chorus, with Kanye sampling in the background. Great flow. Then very relatable lyrics.

EDIT - Oops. I just re-read the OP and noticed it's already on GAF's top albums. lol Sorry about that. I just never see love for it out there.

EDIT 2 - But I do see no love for Runaway though! It's my second favourite Kanye track next to Two Words.

CRS

Kanye's GOOD Friday releases has most of the best material he's ever done with the exception of sometracks.

SadAli

Neo Member
I just wanted to come in here to say that My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is criminally under appreciated.

Shoulda been a 10.5!

Those Jay-Z lyrics are a new low even for post Black album Sean. I'm getting distinct BP3 vibes from this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom